IGNORED

ALCAZAR TELEGAMES PACKAGING QUESTION

Neogeoman

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this? I always had an Alcazar cart with the silver label for the longest time but always wanted one complete. There was an auction on Ebay that I just won for a red VCR style case that has the the original looking sleeve and manual. Now I have had rock n bolt, also released by telegames cib for the longest type but the box was grey. I also remember seeing alcazar in a grey box years ago as well. I took a chance on this red box as it looks legit and it's the same style as my rock n bolt. Also the seller said it was real. Does anyone know if telegames released games in red boxes? Thanks

Hello! This all sounds very likely.

Telegames shipped games in all sorts of boxes, the original run would include a normal cardboard box but they would frequently use those red or green plastic clamshells when they ran out, with a photocopied cover and manual.

I don't know if anyone has ever compiled a list of verified box variants to check this for sure, but I'm confident you have a genuine box that the game left Telegames inside off, although it's not the original cardboard one that collectors often prefer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello! This all sounds very likely.

Telegames shipped games in all sorts of boxes, the original run would include a normal cardboard box but they would frequently use those red or green plastic clamshells when they ran out, with a photocopied cover and manual.

I don't know if anyone has ever compiled a list of verified box variants to check this for sure, but I'm confident you have a genuine box that the game left Telegames inside off, although it's not the original cardboard one that collectors often prefer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks I appreciate the response. At least I can combine my loose cart with the red box and manual to have a complete version. While its not the original cardboard box it's nice to have an original box for a highly collectible and rare game

I remember purchasing Alcazar when I was a kid (I think it was at Toyville) and I clearly remember that it was sold in a green VCR-case-like plastic box, the cheap kind. The manual wasn't a photocopy, but it was cheap-looking too, with only text and no pictures. The only thing that didn't look cheap (aside from the cartridge) was the cover page inserted into the plastic box, which was glossy and relatively high quality for the time. So a copy in a red plastic case is probably legit.

I remember purchasing Alcazar when I was a kid (I think it was at Toyville) and I clearly remember that it was sold in a green VCR-case-like plastic box, the cheap kind. The manual wasn't a photocopy, but it was cheap-looking too, with only text and no pictures. The only thing that didn't look cheap (aside from the cartridge) was the cover page inserted into the plastic box, which was glossy and relatively high quality for the time. So a copy in a red plastic case is probably legit.

Yea I know Teleganes wasnt known for the quality of their packaging or their labels as I can tell by my copy of rock n bolt. After hearing what both of you have to say I'm pretty confident I have an authentic box and happy it's now complete. Hopefully you still have your green box version, the game is super rare and hardly ever appears for sale anywhere

Yea I know Teleganes wasnt known for the quality of their packaging or their labels ....

Nor of their carts. I purchased several new copies of Alcazar years ago and pu them away. Turns out more than one of them had faulty carts and I only found out well after the company that sold them to me was no longer operating. The fault was common between the carts, it would start at the opening screen then no matter what you did, it would just return to the opening screen and was unplayable. BTW they were all in the green plastic case.

Nor of their carts. I purchased several new copies of Alcazar years ago and pu them away. Turns out more than one of them had faulty carts and I only found out well after the company that sold them to me was no longer operating. The fault was common between the carts, it would start at the opening screen then no matter what you did, it would just return to the opening screen and was unplayable. BTW they were all in the green plastic case.

Hopefully my cart holds up because it's the only one I have and it took me to forever to find it. Also, hopefully you're wrong about the all green cases because it matches by rock n bolt case perfectly from style, material, and aging.

Teleganes used the green shaded plastic clamshell case for almost all of their ColecoVision cartridge and ADAM data pack releases. Now being Telegames, that does not mean that they may have used other colored plastic clamshell cases that they had on hand or ordered if the greens where not available at the time of need.

Teleganes used the green shaded plastic clamshell case for almost all of their ColecoVision cartridge and ADAM data pack releases. Now being Telegames, that does not mean that they may have used other colored plastic clamshell cases that they had on hand or ordered if the greens where not available at the time of need.

That's good to know as Telegames wasnt always known for quality lol