IGNORED

RespeQt 4.3 beta

ebiguy

Interesting discussion about the PDB files, thanks. :)

Has anyone managed to write a bootable floppy copy of The Goonies? Side B of the Happy Warp Backup disk has a PDB for it (#5, in case anyone wants to try themselves), but it won't successfully write a disk from either of the two ATX versions I have - both fail with a disk error on track 26. Trying a straight, no-PDB copy produces a complete disk but it fails during the boot at the credits screen but before the title screen and music appear.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I made binaries for Win32 and Mac.

attachicon.gifRespeQt_mac.zip

attachicon.gifRespeQt_win32.zip

@DrVenkman: I have to get out my RaspberryPi and try to build it. Stay tuned.

fail, says I don't have the qt core... all the others revisions I have on my computer work just fine although I am using a win64 computer...

so I renamed the binary to respeqt32.exe and put it in one of my other versions folders and launched it, worked just fine.

Edited by _The Doctor__

fail, says I don't have the qt core... all the others revisions I have on my computer work just fine although I am using a win64 computer...

so I renamed the binary to respeqt32.exe and put it in one of my other versions folders and launched it, worked just fine.

Ok. Assuming you are unsing the Windows version, I will try to make a complete package of the binaries.

• Like 1

I have rebuild the binary packages for macOS and Win32 with my latest changes.

Beware that these are only binary packages, you also need the complete package, you find here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284707-respeqt-42-beta/?p=4150092.

Replace the binary in the complete package with the binaries found in the new ones.

If there are problems, please PM me or ebiguy.

RespeQt_mac.zip

RespeQt_win32.zip

• Like 3

I have found the bug in the last several versions of RespeQt. It crashes to an Error Report. This prevented me from doing a backup of my BBS until I found out the problem.

I un-ARCd (IIRC, or possibly copied) some files to the drive and didn't notice their datestamp was 9 Feb 47. EVERY one of these files crashed RespeQt.

After I did CHTD on the offending files I was able to do a full [Error Free] backup at divisor zero.

Error message pic:

post-13040-0-02996900-1552880127_thumb.jpg

Edit: Here's a pic of what it choked on:

post-13040-0-74936500-1552881499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 2

consider a time traveling DeLorean, or time traveling retrogamers... or any number or Real time clock scenarios, plus the fact it happened to people backing up their BBS... yeah it is a big enough problem. The time date of files from within an extracted zip or a real time clock in need of setting or bad batteries of the RTC... I fully expect 8 bit users will still be using their Atari's in 2047!! And of course we may be traveling back to the future at any time...

No one likes hitting a brick wall at 87 mph or doing so at 88 mph but not having the wattage to make the jump.... in any event it happened to more than one sysop so I say good detective work KYLE22, glad we could run this one down. Y2047K !! ) probably other years will do this as well.... time to make a directories full of ascending date stamp files to see where it starts going kabloohy! (

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

Here’s another issue/bug report combined with a question. In the current version, I cannot use the Explore disk option to copy files into the disk image. I’m sure I’ve done this in the past but it doesn’t appear to be working on my 4.3 installation.

Perhaps relatedly, although RespeQt lets me mount a folder as a drive(e.g., my Desktop), I cannot seem to access any files stored there even to load them. I’ve used this process in the past so I know it used to work.

Be nice to know if anyone else has run into these issues.

Here’s another issue/bug report combined with a question. In the current version, I cannot use the Explore disk option to copy files into the disk image. I’m sure I’ve done this in the past but it doesn’t appear to be working on my 4.3 installation.

Perhaps relatedly, although RespeQt lets me mount a folder as a drive(e.g., my Desktop), I cannot seem to access any files stored there even to load them. I’ve used this process in the past so I know it used to work.

Is this on a specific platform, or on all?

Hi, thank you for using and testing and reporting issues on RespeQt.

I found the bug (my fault !).

It is fixed.

But before rebuilding, I am going to look at the issue about last modified date.

• Like 4

I have found the bug in the last several versions of RespeQt. It crashes to an Error Report. This prevented me from doing a backup of my BBS until I found out the problem.

I un-ARCd (IIRC, or possibly copied) some files to the drive and didn't notice their datestamp was 9 Feb 47. EVERY one of these files crashed RespeQt.

After I did CHTD on the offending files I was able to do a full [Error Free] backup at divisor zero.

Hi Kyle22,

I am not sure to understand how to reproduce the problem.

I understand that you have a file with date 47 but where is it (what is C: on your screenshot ?). Is it an ATR image in RespeQt or a folder image or a real hardisk plugged in the Atari (SIDE2 + CF card).

You say you make a backup. From which device to which device ? Which SpartaDos command ? (is it SpartaDos - it looks like but not sure)

Could you provide a very detailed explanation of the configuration and the procedure to follow so I can reproduce (what do you configure in respeQt, which commands are run under DOS...) ?

But before rebuilding, I am going to look at the issue about last modified date.

AFAIK Unix can only address years until 2038.

Perhaps it is failing due to the fact that the files are tried to be timestamped with the year 2047.

It's not problem on the Atari side.

Temporary work around, make an error directory in the RespeqQT folder or the active pclink folder, copy the out of bounds date material with today's date (Atari none the wiser) ... when done copying all files let RespeQT bring up the error directory and ask to rename or re-date the offending files, when doing so RespeQT just uses move the on the files with the corrections...

best to do a real fix though.... in 19 short years this shouldn't be another y2k'ish frenzy... after all 1978 to 2001 was 23 years give or take, we have from 2019 to 2038... yeah we don't need this to keep happening every 15 to 20 years that's for sure... :)

• Like 1

Well, it seems as if SDX 4.47 doesn't allow me to change the year to 47.

I'll work on this.

Doing another full backup now.

Will report.

Edit: I'll RTF the SDX M.

CHTD will not do this. I must sector-edit or find the original source of he offending files.

No prob. I'll get this. Hold on.

I'll do this tomorrow. Backup still running nice at divisor zero.

:)

It's getting late. Board will beck up in the morning.

Edited by Kyle22

• 4 weeks later...