IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

I have not been able to work from Nov. 26th 2018 till Jan. 2019 due to injury. Been watching the trailers on repeat.

My kids hear me talk about the game all day. They were made to watch the vids 5 times. They will play 2 player with me come Jan. Which is my birthday and will get this for my Birthday from my Mom..er...wife. :P

• Like 3

I have not been able to work from Nov. 26th 2018 till Jan. 2019 due to injury. Been watching the trailers on repeat.

My kids hear me talk about the game all day. They were made to watch the vids 5 times. They will play 2 player with me come Jan. Which is my birthday and will get this for my Birthday from my Mom..er...wife. :P

Sorry to see this — get well! This is a super idea for a birthday present. :)

Our boards are sized similarly to the "T-Shaped" Atari PCBs, which do fit in the shell. What I meant was more along the lines of "let's not jump to conclusions, wait until you've seen the product."

Just for the record, a guy was selling Atari 2600 shell replacements on Etsy which did fit 1st party shells but did not fit some of the oversized homebrew pcbs out there. The screw mounts in the back prevented certain boards from fitting. I made a review here. It's pretty cool nonetheless and would have fit had the rear screw mounts been removed in favor of clip tabs.

I was gonna make a custom shell for my Harmony Encore, but discovered it wouldn't work without significant modification.

To further whet the acquisition desire of 7800 players for the game (19 days until being able to order - January 14), the attached spoiler is a screen capture listing of the 25 "Windows/Steem" achievements to acquire. Since it has already been stated that game content is identical between Windows and 7800 ports, it may provide an idea of some 'mini-goals' 7800 players can look forward to and experience.

Interestingly, as of this writing, the most acquired achievement is at 66%, while a little more than 8% have at least acquired one, if not all of them:

post-18-0-09604100-1545833723_thumb.png

A text listing is below; case sensitivity and spelling follow the above capture:

01. IN A HURRY
02. I'm Listening
03. Properly Acquainted
04. Sticky Fingers
05. Drain Bammage
06. Khuu khuu khuu
07. Adventure Shopping
08. No Refunds
09. Falling Hare
10. Everything's Fine
11. Transit Trouble
12. Occupational Hazard
13. Chaos Dunk
14. Fiddling
15. There's Only Enough for US
16. Chasing your Tail
17. Get Good
18. Doubletake
19. Unbalanced Load
20. There's Only Enough For ME
21. Turbo
22. Double Savings
23. Great Value
24. Not Good Enough
25. Do it Again

• Like 1

Soundtrack listing with corresponding time lengths in the spoiler below:

01. Rikki & Vikki (2:06)
02. Menu (1:52)
03. An Exclusive Invitation (0:53)
04. Down the Chute (0:11)
05. Rock Cavern (action) (3:42)
06. Rock Cavern (puzzle) (2:39)
07. Sand Cavern (3:49)
08. Flame Cavern (4:54)
09. Bubble Cavern (4:45)
10. Metal Cavern (4:00)
11. 1P Cavern Guardian (2:59)
12. 2P Cavern Guardian (3:13)
13. Game Over (0:14)
14. Clear! Vikki (0:08)
15. Clear! Rikki (0:08)
16. Clear! Co-op (0:08)
17. Oh, Hekko There (Dut's Theme) (3:16)
18. Dut's Discount Warps (2:41)
19. A Bolt of Misery (2:59)
20. Lingustic Misunderstanding (1:35)
21. Discomfort Dispenser (3:29)
22. I Never Lose (1:06)
23. Eternal Misery (2:41)
24. Death of a God (0:25)
25. Clear! Final (0:24)
26. Together (0:44)
27. Staff (1:26)
28. The End (0:05)
29. High Score (0:06)
30. Irrɛgulaʁ Caʌerɴ (6:30)

Few highlights:

• The theme for "Menu" alone is close to 2 minutes!
  • Individual "Clear!" themes for Rikki and Vikki 1 player games, and a third for a 2 players co-op game.
  • Most of the colossal caverns contain themes that vary between well over 2 1/2 to nearly 5 minutes long. The mysterious "Irrɛgulaʁ Caʌerɴ" comes in at a whopping 6 1/2 minutes!
  • A total of 30 unique melodies.

:o

None of the entries are sound effects. Sound effects are in addition to the 30 entries noted above.

• Like 2

I understand there are going to be minor differences in gameplay between the 7800 and Steam versions. Are there any trailers specifically highlighting 7800 gameplay? Thanks...

These are outlined in the first post. The only differences affecting play between the two is the Windows version has save support and the ability to enable/disable replicating the performance limits of the 7800. But I will be releasing undoctored footage of the 7800 version before it is available for purchase.

Want the Windows version also,but i do not like STEAM

Well then, here's what they have to say about that

Not quite, if you're not keen on the Steam I'm working on bringing the game to other platforms like Humblebundle. We just had to give Steam first priority.

I understand there are going to be minor differences in gameplay between the 7800 and Steam versions. Are there any trailers specifically highlighting 7800 gameplay? Thanks...

The first trailer that TailChao posted had video recorded from the 7800 through an S-video mod. My video is from the PC version.

-PC has stereo audio, 7800 has mono

-PC saves your game when you quit, letting you progress from that point when you reload. The 7800 version has no saving.

-PC saves high scores

-PC has achievements

-By default, the PC version has Enhanced Performance on, which adds more bandwidth for Maria. This means no tearing/slowdown, though that's fairly minimal in the 7800 version to begin with.

-7800 has color blending, if you are on RF/Composite :P

edit: ehehehe i had this siting in this window for 10 minutes ... then TailChao answers the question 1 minute before I remember to post!

Edited by RushJet1