IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

Hi,

I've got the steam version. Is the 7800 version exactly the same gameplay or is it an enhanced or demade version? Thanks.

From the 10 responses on this I have learnt that only difference is you can not save and it is in mono on the 7800.

Other than that all the same. Demake? Did you watch the vids or rear the reviews?

It is only supposed to be the most amazing ground breaking 7800 game ever. Better than flickerNES.

• Like 2

Dear sirs,

I received the package I ordered from you today. With one surprise release of 2019‘s Rikki & Vikki, you have effectively transformed my Atari 7800 into an advanced gaming machine. You have retroactively bridged the generational gap between mid-to-late 1980s platforms. Thanks to you, the retrogaming public can now behold the awesome capabilities of this amazing machine (and have terrific fun at that)! Words can’t express the ingeniousness of you engineering feat.

Sincere regards and many thank-yous as I “game-on” one of my favorite rock-solid consoles,

Phattyboombatty

• Like 2

You're #1, but the real question is : Who's #0?

Right here

rIG5zZP.jpg

Was lurking the thread and refreshing the page just as it updated with the buy link lol, pretty sure I might have actually purchased before TailChao made the post on the forum saying the game was available :twisted: Looks like he came across my twitter as well after I posted this pic there, the sly fox ;)

I'm actually pretty new to the 7800 scene pretty much as a direct result of this game, didn't even own a 7800 console before (bought one on eBay the same day I ordered my copy of this in fact :o ) although I do have a 2600. Bought the game on steam about a month ago and was amazed at how well it looked and played given the hardware so had to get a physical copy to add to the rest of my retro collection.

Just gotta get a different controller now, cause trying to play something like this on the 7800 joystick is not the easiest/most comfortable thing in the world

Anyways, thanks for the great game and I definitely look forward to playing it more on here!

• Like 8

From the 10 responses on this I have learnt that only difference is you can not save and it is in mono on the 7800.

Other than that all the same. Demake? Did you watch the vids or rear the reviews?

It is only supposed to be the most amazing ground breaking 7800 game ever. Better than flickerNES.

You shouldn't be so harsh. This question just show that the game is so amazing that people are seriously doubting it is even possible on the 7800, (also prove how low people think of the 7800, but that's not their fault)

• Like 1

You shouldn't be so harsh. This question just show that the game is so amazing that people are seriously doubting it is even possible on the 7800, (also prove how low people think of the 7800, but that's not their fault)

I guess please read first post where all info is given was the correct answer.
  • Like 1

Processing and shipping will start up again in a few hours, should be able to catch up with all the currently pending orders by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my video card because this scene is on the back of the box; I can't spoil it if you have already seen the box. :)

Misery's Discomfort Dispenser is on the back of the box, but something might be up with your card. The game is stuttering pretty heavily on your computer. If you can PM me any info on your setup (computer hardware, controllers used, etc.) it would be helpful. We've seen this issue on a small percentage of Windows 10 machines with oddly configured video drivers.

This stuttering can also be caused by configuring a controller and then unplugging it, the game will search for it as "cord trip" redetection. You can check this in the Input Dialog (F2) and seeing if any actions are tagged with "JOYSTICK MISSING."

I've got the steam version. Is the 7800 version exactly the same gameplay or is it an enhanced or demade version? Thanks.

The differences between the Atari 7800 and Windows / Steam versions of the game are outlined in the first post. The abbreviated version is that the Windows version features progress and high score saving, stereo sound, and performance enhancements (disable lag and graphic tearing) while the Atari 7800 version does not.

Looks like he came across my twitter as well after I posted this pic there, the sly fox ;)

Heh, that's giving my sleuthing skills a little too much credit. It was conveniently retweeted into my feed. I'm really surprised about the amount of discussion the game is getting on Twitter and number of people streaming it, though.

Just gotta get a different controller now, cause trying to play something like this on the 7800 joystick is not the easiest/most comfortable thing in the world

Having played through the game on both a ProLine and ProPad / EuroPad, definitely. The latter is less bad, but still isn't a great design. I'd recommend going with either a modified controller from another system or some sort of adapter.

This stuttering can also be caused by configuring a controller and then unplugging it, the game will search for it as "cord trip" redetection. You can check this in the Input Dialog (F2) and seeing if any actions are tagged with "JOYSTICK MISSING."

I think you nailed it. We had a kiddo in the lab that kept swapping in and out his XBoxOne controller because he wouldnt slum it on my Saturn pads. It did seem to lag after he got involved but I didnt notice at the time.

I just picked my copy up today from the Post Office. What a wonderfully addictive game that pushes the 7800 beyond its limits! Thank you for deciding to release a physical copy on this system. I have also enjoyed the excitement that has been generated here about the game. It has been fun reading other's posts as they have received their copies. I am glad that the goal of the physical release has been to provide everyone with a copy who wants one. It is always so frustrating to miss out on a limited run/release.

post-67374-0-19272500-1551136985_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

In case anyone is curious to see how this game looks between composite and s-video in a little more detail, I made a quick video last night to showcase this. Rikki & Vikki comparisons start at about 2:27 into the video. You can see that the color blending does work on composite on a modern TV though I'm not sure it is quite correct but still interesting to see. I still prefer the more sharp defined lines that the s-video image provides but I could see how the composite and RF with the artifacting in place would also be quite appealing on CRTs.

• Like 5

In case anyone is curious to see how this game looks between composite and s-video in a little more detail, I made a quick video last night to showcase this. Rikki & Vikki comparisons start at about 2:27 into the video. You can see that the color blending does work on composite on a modern TV though I'm not sure it is quite correct but still interesting to see. I still prefer the more sharp defined lines that the s-video image provides but I could see how the composite and RF with the artifacting in place would also be quite appealing on CRTs.

Wow! I absolutely love how the game looks on composite! Thanks for the video!

Wow! I absolutely love how the game looks on composite! Thanks for the video!

If it weren't the white lettering turning purple on my LCD I wouldn't mind the composite so much. But pretty much all composite video from my game consoles produces that purple look to white text and was one of many reasons I modified everything to s-video. Now on a CRT I'm sure it would and blend in much better. But I haven't room in my game room for a dedicated large CRT. I do have a small 9" PVM I use for bench work and testing though.

I just got the confirmation yesterday that my copy had shipped and I am quite excited to finally have a reason to dust off my poor 7800, the only other game I currently have for it being Ballblazer! I even went as far as to buy some of those rare European d-pad controllers off of eBay just to play this game! Though I'm a little disappointed they're in a bit more beat-up condition than I was hoping.

Wonder if AtariAge might someday offer replica controllers like they do for the Jaguar Pro, should this game revive some interest in the 7800?

I just got the confirmation yesterday that my copy had shipped and I am quite excited to finally have a reason to dust off my poor 7800, the only other game I currently have for it being Ballblazer! I even went as far as to buy some of those rare European d-pad controllers off of eBay just to play this game! Though I'm a little disappointed they're in a bit more beat-up condition than I was hoping.

Wonder if AtariAge might someday offer replica controllers like they do for the Jaguar Pro, should this game revive some interest in the 7800?

You only have 1 other game? No wonder it is in dust. There are lots more to go.

Got mine Saturday and very impressed overall. One minor annoyance, though, making me asking this --- does anyone else's cart rattle? Like the board isn't fitting snuggly inside the shell? Wondering if it's just how they're all made, or mine just wants to make racket

No biggy that there's a little wiggle room for the board. Tolerances and all that. Some Atari carts rattle a bit and some don't. It's been that way ever since the beginning of game cartridges.

https://youtu.be/aLLb9jCo4kw

Thanks for sharing! I prefer the colors on composite but do see the attraction of the s-video sharpness!

My copy shipped today so should receive it in a couple days. Woo!!!