IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

I already set the TIA switch to quiet, and I still have a noticeable difference; plus I have to push my TVs volume at half power at least to hear the music, wich isn't great as the TIA sound effect get quite loud and there is a noticeable "hum" obviously.

Good to know, thanks.

I think I'll tinker directly in the Atari 7800 to see and solve that issue rather than fiddling in the cart, so when I'll get other games I'll have the correct volume.

Your call, but probably for the best so all games will be balanced properly. Commando in particular didn't change any of its audio leveling when brought over to PAL territories.

I'd still recommend opening the cartridge and turning the music knob to maximum volume before doing any soldering - it could have moved during shipping. This is actually the first time I've seen the game running on a Peritel 7800, looks pretty good :) .

Thanks!

It's decent-looking, really. Of course when you get close you see the bleeding and artifacts; also you might have seen the odd "flash" in the intro sequence. I think that the color converter chip doesn't understand the monochrome screen and keep it black-and-white for half a second - the same effect than at boot, but faster.

But heh. For us French, the 7800 was our entry ticket to move from 8 colors 2600 games to the full PAL palette so... no big complaint about it :)

I'll still check the volume knob yes, I plant to showcase the game at a retrogaming club so it will need to be cranked up :)

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

I'll buy one when they go on sale. The game looks fantastic and I appreciate the effort that went into producing this.

And less than a month later I was holding my very own copy! Hoping to find time to play it today!

• Like 3

Just started playing my copy today. I've tried several controllers, but have decided on my Sega Genesis 3 button via Edladdin's Seagull 78 Controller Adapter, for this game.

Haven't reached the first Boss yet, but this game is awesome. Thanks to all involved in the production of this game. :thumbsup:

post-21941-0-41537800-1551640382.jpg

• Like 4

Did you throw away the box before playing? I want to make sure it's compatible with all waste receptacles.

The ghost button press issues usually show up when your console has warmed rather than reaching a certain part of the game (although the two are sometimes sync'd). But again, this doesn't affect all consoles and if it does show up - plug in a second two-button controller and you should be good.

Actually I think I got a PAL box. My trash can kept spitting it out every time I threw it in there.

• Like 2

And less than a month later I was holding my very own copy! Hoping to find time to play it today!

Just started playing my copy today. I've tried several controllers, but have decided on my Sega Genesis 3 button via Edladdin's Seagull 78 Controller Adapter, for this game.

Looks like I need to dig out my 7800 controllers. It doesn't like the Tac2 controller I have plugged in.

Thanks!

It's decent-looking, really. Of course when you get close you see the bleeding and artifacts; also you might have seen the odd "flash" in the intro sequence. I think that the color converter chip doesn't understand the monochrome screen and keep it black-and-white for half a second - the same effect than at boot, but faster.

But heh. For us French, the 7800 was our entry ticket to move from 8 colors 2600 games to the full PAL palette so... no big complaint about it :)

I'll still check the volume knob yes, I plant to showcase the game at a retrogaming club so it will need to be cranked up :)

Was that because TVs by then in France supported PAL and SECAM?

Addendum : Shinju, if you can PM me the serial numbers of your three 7800s and what revision they are (expansion port present or not) it'd be appreciated. I'd like to look for patterns here.

I'll get that info for you later on this evening!

Again, this game is Amazing, for those who are on the fence or just now seeing this and have a 7800 or want a 7800 I can think of no BETTER reason to buy one and get this game!

53052554_10213920709877173_5053140211857

Edited by Shinju
  • Like 1

Warning, totally Off topic :D

Was that because TVs by then in France supported PAL and SECAM?

Well most televisions in service would only support SECAM, not PAL - given that both are 625 lines and 50 htz, it mean that composite would display only black and white, but through RF, SECAM L (France - SECAM D/K systems in Eastern Europe would display PAL signals in B&W as you'd expect) use a different video modulation that basically display anything not SECAM L kinda reversed and blurry :

So given that RGB was standard and even mandatory on any color TV sold from 1981 onward, it was faster for non SECAM sytems to either use an internal PAL-to-RGB transcoder (Atari 7800 and NES) or direct RGB out (some Intellivisions, Colecovision)

To my knowledge, no video game system ever got a SECAM composite output. Early systems did had SECAM RF output tho.

The last video game system sold in France with SECAM output was more than likely the Atari 2600 - or possibly some random Pong system. The Intellivision being discontinued around 84 was the last "new" system with SECAM; all major consoles sold in France later on are PAL with RGB out (with the exception of the Nintendo 64 which only had PAL composite output) or just RGB (Yeno Super Cassette Vision, SMS and Megadrive first gen - they doesn't have any composite video out. Thinking about it, the Atari 7800 Peritel probably doesn't have any composite out either).

I got mine today, I haven't played much yet but it looks absolutely stunning and it plays just as well. Honestly this is the best homebrew for the 7800 and the sheer amount of effort put into everything from the packaging, manual, and the game itself is evident. Well done!

I started watching the full 7800 play-through yesterday and bought it immediately. I watched the last hour of the video at home on the big screen and the girlfriend was amazed and thoroughly impressed.

Truth be told, my 7800 is in pieces due to an incomplete S-Video mod. Rikki & Vikki is motivation to finish.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Orders are all caught up with as of today, so unless there's another huge influx - the delay between payment and shipping shouldn't be as hideous.

Actually I think I got a PAL box. My trash can kept spitting it out every time I threw it in there.

Whoops, my bad! If you try and force the box into the trash, it should work but the colors will be wrong and the bag might roll. We have surplus boxes for damage replacements, but they're not region marked. If you like I can mail you twenty of them and at least one should be compatible.

If anyone actually does have an issue with their box (dents or tears from shipping), don't hesitate to contact us! That warranty card isn't just a display item, it actually works!

Looks like I need to dig out my 7800 controllers. It doesn't like the Tac2 controller I have plugged in.

Yep, two-button controllers only.
  • Like 9

Well. It is amazing! Played thru 8 or ten foxes I lost 2 foxes on the first boss as stayed too long and he dropped where the box went and also tried to jump him when he jumped too.

Before the second level Dut sold me 4 lives. The second level music is cool but I think I got 4 levels in and I died then have to start over on level 0..

One other thing if you try to skip thr intro it is a cool surprise. Happy to find out some secrets that have not been shown yet.

Dut tells a fox a bunch of stuff not just a life salesman.

Anyways. I just need to practise more.

My 7800 plays it great with a nos europad out of the wrap. It actually seems very atari as like I said before the built in TIA keeps it real.

So I can make it maybe 10% thru. Hoping to add a zero to that number one day...

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 3

...I died then have to start over on level 0..

...a cool surprise. Happy to find out some secrets that have not been shown yet...

Another cool surprise awaits you, if you display even more determination; another secret, if you will...

Dut is empathetic while also opportunistic towards you starting over on 'level 0'...

...but you have to be willing to make the sacrifice when offered.

post-18-0-21267000-1551848237.png

• Like 1