IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

And if this is about your wellbeing, I’m actually sorry if I came across as ‘pushy’.

That was not (!) my intention

No worries, I can see you want more games for a platform you're fond of - and that's great! Unfortunately, I can't make any promises that I'll create them because of how this one turned out.

Luckily there's lots of other developers who are working with the 7800!

I wish you all the best whatever you pursue or do.

Thanks, and likewise.

• Like 2

I know you're not planning any re releases of Rikki & Vikki but, I bet a Gameboy color version would be cool, many more people own a Gameboy color then an Atari 7800, and with the Gameboy link cable you could play multiplayer!.. I know you are done with the game but I had this idea earlier today and thought it was an interesting one.

Edited by Theallknowingsause
Grammar fixes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I understand why you don't want to make anymore 7800, and I also want to thank you for at least making this. I hope the Steam sales pick up.

What he said. It's an awesome game and I appreciate all the extra details in the gameplay, music and packaging! Best of luck in whatever you decide to do next!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone. It's appreciated.

If anything, whatever's next will have to be way better!

20 hours ago, Theallknowingsause said:

I know you're not planning any re releases of Rikki & Vikki but, I bet a Gameboy color version would be cool, many more people own a Gameboy color then an Atari 7800, and with the Gameboy link cable you could play multiplayer!.. I know you are done with the game but I had this idea earlier today and thought it was an interesting one.

Well, the point of doing Rikki & Vikki for the Atari 7800 was the hardware's effects on the visual design - not sales. The chance of making enough profit to feed an actual staff on cartridge sales alone, even on a popular old console, is very slim. For something like the GameBoy I'd rather do a completely different game that caters to that platform's strengths and brings something new to the library.

Luckily you can pick up Donkey Kong '94 or Mole Mania instead. That way I don't have to shove any more cash into a furnace. Both of these were big influences on Rikki & Vikki's design and come highly recommended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

As an owner of one of those controllers from that seller, I will say I was happy with it and it didn't have that cheap 'third party controller' feel. I'd honestly like one for my NES.

They also make a sweet dual pad Robotron controller for 7800 that I love, but it's a bit more expensive as it's all 3D printed. It has a switch allowing it to work with dual stick 2600 games as well (makes button 2 become controller 2's fire button instead).

I endorse the game and the controller as great companions!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fred said:

Wow, I just found out about this game and bought it! Awesome graphics and game play. A Christmas present to myself.

I know I’m late to the party and probably should check this forum more often, lol. 

I guess we can find it in our hearts to forgive you. ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fred said:

Wow, I just found out about this game and bought it! Awesome graphics and game play. A Christmas present to myself.

I know I’m late to the party and probably should check this forum more often, lol. 

The important thing is you found it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, my copy is currently waiting at the post office waiting to be picked up after handling over €24.33 (around $26.77) import taxes and administration fees. Together with the $24.99 shipping, the shipping+taxes is almost as much as the price of the game itself. But I'm sure it will be totally worth the price ?

As compensation for the import taxes I took advantage of the 90% discount to buy the steam version too ?

With the current price (till 3 December) of the steam version there is no reason to not buy it.

Robert

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't get the international prices any lower, but yes - one perk of the Windows version is that digital shipping is much more affordable.

Also, reminder for anyone who ordered the Atari 7800 version recently or is planning on ordering it soon : your copies may take a few days to ship out due to the holiday season. You'll get a tracking number through PayPal when the game is on its way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TailChao said:

Unfortunately I can't get the international prices any lower, but yes - one perk of the Windows version is that digital shipping is much more affordable.

Also, reminder for anyone who ordered the Atari 7800 version recently or is planning on ordering it soon : your copies may take a few days to ship out due to the holiday season. You'll get a tracking number through PayPal when the game is on its way.

Mine arrived to Canada super quick.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 3:25 PM, Shawn said:

Mine arrived to Canada super quick.

That's your reward for ordering it before Thanksgiving.

Just a reminder that the g_Steam.gif Autumn Sale will end on December 3rd. If the posts above weren't enough of a hint, Rikki & Vikki is on sale for the Dutly Discounted price of one dollar. That's two players for the price of one - and less than a penny per stage.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TailChao said:

That's your reward for ordering it before Thanksgiving.

Just a reminder that the g_Steam.gif Autumn Sale will end on December 3rd. If the posts above weren't enough of a hint, Rikki & Vikki is on sale for the Dutly Discounted price of one dollar. That's two players for the price of one - and less than a penny per stage.

I had received the 7800 game a week or so ago, and didn't really plan on buying the steam release, but hey for 99 cents? I absolutely can't resist! Thanks for the bargin!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Gifted a copy and talked it up to some others to drum up some sales.

I've been recommending the game to basically everyone I've met since I've first played the game (sadly lost a friend in the process because I keep pestering him to get it) but still, I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for about 2 sales of the game though lol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Theallknowingsause said:

I've been recommending the game to basically everyone I've met since I've first played the game (sadly lost a friend in the process because I keep pestering him to get it) but still, I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for about 2 sales of the game though lol

Crappy way to lose a friend over recommending a good game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1