IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

2 hours ago, TailChao said:

Me neither.

Anyway, we're down to the last 100 copies of the Atari 7800 version. If you've been holding off on ordering it might be time to reconsider.

I think I figured it out. I think what was being suggested was that the color tint wheel was all that needed adjusting. But the issue was way more than that. The issue specifically was that the previous AV mod in place simply drives the chroma too hot as I had the same issues with it along with a few others when I had the same AV mod in my personal 7800 about 4 years ago. I don't even think I had to adjust the color trimmers because when I do, I usually put a line of nail polish over them to both mark where they were and as cheap loc-tite and to hold them in position.

Besides, the trimmer being pointed to is in fact for the 2600 color adjustment not the 7800 and Rikki and Vikki is very much a 7800 game!

3 hours ago, Jinks said:

People have quite the imaginations. I would have never guessed. I was thinking ok the black portion looks damaged. You the proper tool ah. 

That crap on the left side of the trimmer wheel is part of the original glue that was used to secure them in place from the factory adjustments. It isn't damaged just old cruddy glue stuck to the plastic wheel.

52 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

That crap on the left side of the trimmer wheel is part of the original glue that was used to secure them in place from the factory adjustments. It isn't damaged just old cruddy glue stuck to the plastic wheel.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:39 AM, TailChao said:

Me neither.

Anyway, we're down to the last 100 copies of the Atari 7800 version. If you've been holding off on ordering it might be time to reconsider.

That's awesome. I know this hasn't turned out the way that you'd hoped, but I hope you sell out of the rest quickly. I bought another copy a few months ago and sent it off to a friend across the country who just bought a 7800. What a showpiece for the system!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

That's awesome. I know this hasn't turned out the way that you'd hoped, but I hope you sell out of the rest quickly. I bought another copy a few months ago and sent it off to a friend across the country who just bought a 7800. What a showpiece for the system!

I hope so too - gotta use all these shelves to catalog my toilet paper hoard.

Again, despite the poor digital sales it has been really cool to see the game recommended as part of a 7800 starter pack - or sell the console outright to players who would not have considered it before.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, TailChao said:

really cool to see the game recommended as part of a 7800 starter pack - or sell the console outright to players who would not have considered it before.

It’s a really, really cool contemporary retro-game-piece, a million times better than most of the IOS-pseudo/faux- retro-games.

Looks fantastic and sounds like a dream.

A bit hard though, and I’m used to GnG-arcade or on the NES... ??

Edited by Giles N

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, TailChao said:

I had been holding off on ordering a copy since I'm still looking for a 7800 system to play it on (finding one with a really clean looking chrome strip up to my OCD condition standards is proving difficult these days), but Rikki & Vikki along with Baby Pac-Man were the two big games that made me want to get back into the 7800 after a couple years without one so I just put in my order tonight to make sure I don't miss out on it. I'll be really looking forward to getting my copy of Rikki & Vikki in the mail and giving it a try when I do eventually find a nice looking 7800 to play it on! :)

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, Giles N said:

A bit hard though, and I’m used to GnG-arcade or on the NES... ??

Rikki & Vikki is difficult and while I'm severely biased as its lead - Ghosts 'n Goblins is entirely its own echelon of cruel. Ghouls 'n Ghosts is much closer to the tuning here.

4 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Still need to get around to this, but bills bills bills... hopefully won't sell out. Any chance of a stock update? ;)

There's 83 copies left, moving at a fantastically medium speed. But once these are gone the digital version won't be ;) .

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Sauron said:

Just noticed this game is currently part of the Steam Summer Sale, with a very steep discount. If you haven't played this before, I highly recommend purchasing it now for a mere pittance, although honestly it's worth so much more than even the full non-sale price.

I was here to do the same thing and promote this. Great game if you don't have it or only have it on cart get it on Steam now! Worth it!

• Like 4