IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

30 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I couldn't agree more. The game really is visually stunning. Combine that with also being a quality game to play and this thing is sure to stay in the top tier of the 7800 heap for a long time.

The 7800 is a system that I largely glossed over when it was current.  In a way, I'm glad that this happened: that allowed me to come to it later in life, and appreciate it for what it is rather than what is was compared against.

Given the quality of the games we're seeing come out for it now, it makes me happy to both see the interest in it as well as how capable the machine really is.  Credit where credit is due on both the hardware and software ends.

• Like 5

Any copies left of Rikki & Vikki or any more planning to be put out later on? I have heard a lot of great things about this game and am a new owner of a 7800 and wanted to try it out. I plan on reviewing it on the soon-to-be debuting 7800 Edition of The Atari Report and want to make it one of my first cartridge purchases for this much-neglected system in which has seen new life thanks to all of you.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Any copies left of Rikki & Vikki or any more planning to be put out later on? I have heard a lot of great things about this game and am a new owner of a 7800 and wanted to try it out. I plan on reviewing it on the soon-to-be debuting 7800 Edition of The Atari Report and want to make it one of my first cartridge purchases for this much-neglected system in which has seen new life thanks to all of you.

As reported on the last page, all of the copies have now been sold. You can get the game on Steam if you are a Windows user, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, BIGHMW said:

Looks like there is a copy on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rikki-Vikki-Atari-7800/233454635498?hash=item365afb09ea:g:PCAAAOSw5wVdrIYk

Bit pricey there but if you own any game on the 7800 it might just be the best one.

Its a very well made cart.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, zezba9000 said:

Looks like there is a copy on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rikki-Vikki-Atari-7800/233454635498?hash=item365afb09ea:g:PCAAAOSw5wVdrIYk

Bit pricey there but if you own any game on the 7800 it might just be the best one.

Fuck scalpers.

Its a very well made cart.

Which is precisely why scalpers can get fucked.

@BIGHMW: please don't go after this cart.  I know how badly you want to review it, but there are other ways it can happen.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Fuck scalpers.

Unless they just realized they would rather have the money over the game I agree.

If you look up RTX 20XX cards they're being scalped like crazy right now and I had plans to get one for D3D12 Raytracing dev.

Scalpers are becoming an increasing problem for sure and XMas time is always the worst for it I think.

Edited by zezba9000

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’m actually surprised that it took this long for someone to put a copy on eBay.

Same.  But I notice that they had no compunctions about doing it pretty much two weeks after the last one sold.  Really distasteful, though it is their preogative to do what they will with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’m actually surprised that it took this long for someone to put a copy on eBay. I’m sure others will watch what this one sells for and follow suit.

I'm not totally sure if it's the same one or not but someone else (if not that person) had one up for ~$200 for a while now (sadly).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

At least they waited two weeks. I thought it would happen after two days.

Oh so that was is a recent listing then? I didn't check the date. So that means there was another one at least listed for $200ish for a time. The only one that I see as "sold" was at a fair $59.99 BIN.  I'm sure it would have done better than that without intentional scalping if the seller had chosen to do so. Even if just from being placed in a market where the game would be unknown to many and veiwed as the only place they know to buy a copy.

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Oh so that was is a recent listing then? I didn't check the date. So that means there was another one at least listed for $200ish for a time. The only one that I see as "sold" was at a fair $59.99 BIN.  I'm sure it would have done better than that without intentional scalping if the seller had chosen to do so. Even if just from being placed in a market where the game would be unknown to many and veiwed as the only place they know to buy a copy.

A few people “watching”. Maybe no one will pay this price and it’ll have to be re-listed for a more reasonable price. Then again, this price is so high that I don’t see it coming down to a reasonable number. 

So, here's the thing: speaking as someone who bought this game while it was still available, I completely realise that neither I nor anyone else can control what other people do with their copies.

Having said that: when I see a copy turning up on eBay for €155 / US$185 (at today's rates) about two weeks after the last copy went out, all I can see is opportunism.  And it's really nickel-and-dime opportunism at that.

There is absolutely no way that I see this as somehow going to drive up the value of my - or anyone else's - cartridge.  It won't.  Maybe if I sit on the game for 20 years it'll increase in value, but that's not why I bought it.  I bought it because it was one hell of an accomplishment, totally worth playing, and entirely worth supporting.  But I know full well that this won't be the rare game that puts our kids through college.

Just play the damn game and enjoy what you have for what it is.  And, once again, fuck scalpers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Fuck scalpers.

@BIGHMW: please don't go after this cart.  I know how badly you want to review it, but there are other ways it can happen.

Don't worry, I may be mentally disabled, but I'm certainly not stupid enough to be jacked out of 4-times the MSRP for a pretty much brand new cart, I already learned a lesson back in 2002 when I spent $400.00 on a used 5200 cart of Bounty Bob Strikes Back when years later after the emergence of ROM files and multicarts in which you can download games for pennies on the dollar I have since refrained from this practice, even though we know how collectible vintage physical carts are for vintage systems like ours. Rikki & Vikki, though, is pretty much brand new, so I don't get why the price-gouging tactic by the seller.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oakcitycomics said:

I have a few copies of this game. I was buying one every 2/3 months in support. I think I have about 6 or 7 copies. Probably going to keep 3 but any extras are available to new homes.

I'm sure you are sending them to the new homes at exact cost you paid too right? :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1