IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

The first couple hundred will sell fast, the rest will take a considerable amount of time to move even for the best games. I doubt you will need to make more for a very long time. 550 copies is a lot to move for the 7800 but this surely is the kinda quality game to do it with! :)

Probably true, but both runs of Zaku sold out and the Lynx user base is small. People shouldn’t get complacent in thinking that they’ll have years to buy a copy.

I was going to mention Zaku last I heard sold a a few thousand copies. This game seems to already have quite a buzz around it, I am curious how many people are playing the 7800 still. Since this game was released on steam I am also wondering how that will play into it. It sound like several people have already played though and are even speed running it. I am saving myself for the physical release, I would have been sold with just that sexy transparent orange cartridge only

• Like 1

I was going to mention Zaku last I heard sold a a few thousand copies. This game seems to already have quite a buzz around it, I am curious how many people are playing the 7800 still. Since this game was released on steam I am also wondering how that will play into it. It sound like several people have already played though and are even speed running it. I am saving myself for the physical release, I would have been sold with just that sexy transparent orange cartridge only

1000 copies of Zaku were produced in both runs, with a third perhaps possible in the future. Still, given the tiny market, it’s an amazing achievement. And Given that there are probably more active 7800 enthusiasts, and add in non-playing collectors, these will probably go more quickly.

• Like 2

1000 copies of Zaku were produced in both runs, with a third perhaps possible in the future. Still, given the tiny market, its an amazing achievement. And Given that there are probably more active 7800 enthusiasts, and add in non-playing collectors, these will probably go more quickly.

Not just "both" runs, but all three! If I remember correctly Super Fighter Team did 300 + 300 + 400, so the mystery future run would be number four.

Keep in mind, Rikki & Vikki isn't exclusive to the 7800 and I'd like to bring it to more platforms than just Windows for players to enjoy. Tell your friends, family, dog, etc. about the game if you think they'd enjoy it.

would be cool to see a pic of the back of the box, too, but I suppose that can remain a mystery for a bit longer :)

Next Taco Tuesday, maybe?

I will be doing a video soon. Want to do the video as best as I can. Simply amazing game.

Thanks again for doing this, and no rush with the video.
  • Like 2

Anyone who questioned the power of the 7800 needs to play this game.

I do not question the power of 7800 (Not after Draconian and Super Cobra's CDF bankswitching on the 2600 at any rate) but I still needs to play it. Can i's have mah cake and ate it too?

2600 games look like 7800 now, and 7800 games looklike 16-bit wars... :lol:

• Like 2

Hi TC

got the Windows version....Looks good and the sound is great too.But when i play it with a gamepad,it is not so easy,to handle jump and using blocks.....in a one player

game....but i made it till Screen 5

Btw....what is this Misery...guide?

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

Amazing, I have been following this silently, this just goes to show what the 7800 could have done if it had the proper dev and production time behind it. The 7800 already had the best Commando home port and in my opinion the best 8bit port of Xenophobe and Ballblazer (minus the cool intro the 800 version had).

Day one purchase for me, would be a great addition to my complete NTSC 7800 set!

Well done to who all was involved I cannot wait to play this masterpiece!

There going to be a non-boxed version?

The Microsoft Windows version is non-boxed - actually, it's non-everything except for the game. All copies of the Atari 7800 include a mandatory box which is compatible with most recycling bins and waste baskets.

So.... whats the link to buy this boxed???

It's not available as of writing, as the game is not yet available for purchase. I will announce the release date one week in advance when we have it, after which you will be able to purchase the Atari 7800 version of the game right here.

got the Windows version....Looks good and the sound is great too.But when i play it with a gamepad,it is not so easy,to handle jump and using blocks.....in a one player

game....but i made it till Screen 5

Learning to control both your character and the boxes is one of the most important aspects of mastering the game. It will take time and patience, especially if you're speedrunning or going for a HIGH SCORE.

Btw....what is this Misery...guide?

It's a tour guide for the game (aka manual).

So when exactly will the 7800 carts be available?

I cannot give a date at this time and don't want to announce it until I have exactly 550 copies and their pertinent packing materials ready to head down to the post office. Again, considering the review copies are already going out this shouldn't be much longer and I'll announce the date a week ahead.

I am hoping this DOESN'T turn into a Limited Run Games kind of sale

It won't, more is better.
  • Like 3

Wishing all the best for this, though I hope the games don't sell TOO briskly, as I'd like to get one but financial concerns will stand in my way for a month or two.

Maybe a quantity limit will be in place? Amazing work, love the catchy music and still can't believe this is on the 7800! Thanks to John for the video and heads up.

I'd like to see this on the Xbox One as well, maybe thru ID@XBOX?

Link: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/id

Edited by romeoteknik

Maybe a quantity limit will be in place?

No quantity limits, no maybes. We'll have 550 copies available for purchase on launch and will manufacture more if there's demand.

I'd like to see this on the Xbox One as well, maybe thru ID@XBOX?

Ideally the game would be available on the Switch, PlayStation 4, and XBOX One. But whether or not any of these ports happen is highly dependent upon how well the Windows / Steam version does. We've been getting the most requests for the Switch.
  • Like 1