IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

If you don't mind me asking how many sold in this first blast of orders?

Don't mind at all, we're up to 261 orders now - so almost halfway through our stock. The biggest rush was the 175 orders on the first day.

Dut tells a fox a bunch of stuff not just a life salesman.

Dut just wants to be helpful :)

• Like 5

yeah I can't get past the sand level with the two keys up on the high ledges. I know I need to use those two blocks somehow to get up there, but I can't seem to get the timing down to do and also avoid those pesky enemies before one of them falls down...ugh. I think it is S8? is the level number?

From the manual:

attachicon.gifmeow.png

emphasis on "one"

? I guess I need to watch some videos of the speedrunners. But they seem able to get those blocks in the exact spots needed with the quicker reflexes I don't really possess these days LOL!

Hey all!

I just wanted to say that my copy of Rikki and Vikki arrived a few days ago. I haven't posted at all during that time because I have been glued to playing the game. What you have achieved with the Atari 7800 hardware is nothing short of astounding and it honestly shows what the 7800 is capable of in the right hands. It puts the NES to the sword in terms of capabilities!

Please continue making more Atari 7800 games. The effort you have put in from the incredible attention to detail on box design and included extras to the ingenious level design is amazing. The community really appreciates everything you have done!

The only negative to it all was having to pay an extra £20 in customs charges to the UK, but on balance it was worth it due to the sheer quality of the game and its physical presentation.

Well done!

post-62297-0-15405300-1551906964_thumb.jpg

post-62297-0-83655000-1551906965_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

yeah I can't get past the sand level with the two keys up on the high ledges. I know I need to use those two blocks somehow to get up there, but I can't seem to get the timing down to do and also avoid those pesky enemies before one of them falls down...ugh. I think it is S8? is the level number?

S8 is correct.

Spoiler at the above hyperlink destination, or refer to the capture below for some guidance...

post-18-0-12238200-1551925406.png

Nobody's yet mentioned the slightly raised line along the right side of the front of the box. Runs nearly the entire length and is about 1/4" from the edge. Thought it was just my copy, but I see it on others as well. A byproduct of the folding process or something else maybe? Just curious. :)

post-13896-0-09575100-1551967004.jpg

Mine has arrived! The attention to detail in the packaging is amazing. I can't tell you the last time I enjoyed opening up a new game so much.

I've been playing the Windows version, but as soon as my cart arrived, l pulled my 7800 off the shelf (I've been mostly into the 5200 lately). This game is a blast to play on the original hardware. Amazing graphics and sound - overall one of the best experiences to have on a 7800.

Thank you to all who were involved in creating it.

I hope nobody minds, but I'll no longer be giving hints for the game content.
You'll have to help each other :)

Btw I am using an extension cable with a 7800 pad and it works fine. Does that mean my 7800 is in good shape?

It means the TIA in your 7800 is at least tolerant of the long cable. Once I'm done with my new adapters I'll do a short writeup as to why Atari's design causes more input problems than observed in other contemporary machines, and how to work around it.

Please continue making more Atari 7800 games.

Make more gamez!!

Haha, I'll keep making games - I just can't make any promises they'll also be on the 7800. What happens next is very tied to how well Rikki & Vikki performs. As of writing the game has yet to make back its development budget, let alone profit enough to do the incessantly requested port to the Nintendo Switch.

I will admit I think more can be done with the 7800 hardware than were able to explore with Rikki & Vikki, but I am only interested in going down this rabbit hole if there are interesting new game mechanics attached.

The effort you have put in from the incredible attention to detail on box design and included extras to the ingenious level design is amazing. The community really appreciates everything you have done!

Thanks! I do regret that we were not able to get the silver pantone color on the cartridge label as well, but the box turned out much better than I anticipated.

I'm very happy to announce that Rikki and Vikki and the 7800XM all work well together.

Fantastic, now to go design a more convoluted mapper :D

I recommend checking with a PAL Atari 7800 and the XM if you haven't already. We found these boards' signal integrity (especially for PHI2, HALT, and RW) was a little more fussy than the others.

Nobody's yet mentioned the slightly raised line along the right side of the front of the box. Runs nearly the entire length and is about 1/4" from the edge. Thought it was just my copy, but I see it on others as well. Haven't seen this before in other boxes... a byproduct of the folding process or something else maybe? Just curious. :)

This is likely caused by the partition which holds the cartridge and print materials. Because of it, the box doesn't flatten uniformly and you'll get this small crease.

• Like 5

Nobody's yet mentioned the slightly raised line along the right side of the front of the box. Runs nearly the entire length and is about 1/4" from the edge. Thought it was just my copy, but I see it on others as well. A byproduct of the folding process or something else maybe? Just curious. :)

attachicon.gifIMGP8521.jpg

Hmm I swear you posted more pics.. but I do'nt see your message edited :-o

I looked at mine and indeed it's there.

Amusing it made me read the "fine prints" and I noticed "Electronics made in Estonia"

I don't think I had something from Estonia yet...

• Like 2

I got the game this week so I cobbled together an unboxing and gameplay video that goes live in a couple hours.

I'm getting my 7800 modded for AV out (RCA plugs) soon. If I recall correctly this will affect the music in the game? I hope not too much because my RF connection is really crappy and I need this mod so I can play the game without the TV flitching and glitching.

• Like 1

...I'm getting my 7800 modded for AV out (RCA plugs) soon. If I recall correctly this will affect the music in the game? I hope not too much because my RF connection is really crappy and I need this mod so I can play the game without the TV flitching and glitching.

It works find with my Longhorn Engineer Composite/S-video mod.

• Like 4

I'm getting my 7800 modded for AV out (RCA plugs) soon. If I recall correctly this will affect the music in the game? I hope not too much because my RF connection is really crappy and I need this mod so I can play the game without the TV flitching and glitching.

It works find with my Longhorn Engineer Composite/S-video mod.

Two of my consoles, an early AT84 serial and a later A3 model, both updated with an LHE board v2.1 (One modded by Joe/ElectronicSentimentalities, the other done by Yurkie), without any music issues.

Another console has a 'simple' composite mod via Best Electronics with an A1 serial. It too has no music issues. Rikki & Vikki look and sound great.

I'm getting my 7800 modded for AV out (RCA plugs) soon. If I recall correctly this will affect the music in the game?

This will only affect the audio balancing if the mod uses a different mixing circuit than originally in your 7800. The most common issue I've seen is getting a mod with a PAL mixing circuit in an NTSC console.

Of course, you can always adjust the game's audio mixing if needed. Check the Troubleshooting section of this topic's first post for details.