IGNORED

Looking for Dow Editor-Assembler

videofx

DOW-4 Gazelle is a Game - like Flight Simulator

attachicon.gif1.gif

unfortunately It's is not the searched Assembler

That was a neat simulator back in the day, albeit a slow one! I've sometimes wondered what kind of flight simulator could be developed for the F18A and a SAMS card, but considering how few of us TI'ers are left, I doubt it would be a draw to even 1/4 of us remaining users, making it not worth the time for a programmer to invest in the effort.

That was a neat simulator back in the day, albeit a slow one! I've sometimes wondered what kind of flight simulator could be developed for the F18A and a SAMS card, but considering how few of us TI'ers are left, I doubt it would be a draw to even 1/4 of us remaining users, making it not worth the time for a programmer to invest in the effort.

It would be interesting to see how much the speed of a flight simulator like SPAD XIII could be improved simply by letting the line drawing be handled by the F18A GPU. I know that the source code still exists somewhere.

• Like 3

I remember having this. It was a cassette for the Mini Memory and replaced the Line-by-line assembler.

The ads for the Dow assembler said it could use the full 4K of minimemory space. This makes me think that it was written in TI BASIC. So I would imagine the performance was not very fast. But I think you could save the program being written which would be a huge benefit. I remember all too well writing using the LBLA and having 3 or 4 NOPs in various places. That way you could add a line or two of code without having to enter the entire program again.

DOW_ED_ASS.DSK

6 files:

CASSETTE= Cassette load/save

DISKETTE= Diskette load/save You must CALL FILES(1) then NEW, then load the program.

4 source? data? game? files:SHUTTLE ATTACK Maybe somebody here can tell how to run them.

3SHAT1

3SHAT2

3SHAT3

3SHAT4

i am STILL looking for PSYBORG by TImagination - c'mon somebody......

• Like 4

I dunno Ciro. I just looked at all 4 files and the name was at the top of each file. Assembly language and me are are oil and water so one of our resident experts will have to roll it if possible. Maybe some mileage will come out of this.

BTW- which thread was asking about ALL STAR BASEBALL? I have it (its by Futura) and a baseball game put out by Extended.

PSYBORG PSYBORG PSYBORG

• Like 3

I have downloaded a "DOW-4.WAV" (7MB) file in May 2016 from whtech, but it is no longer there

(And I dont know if it was the one you want)

Maybe it has a new name or was (re-)moved ?

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cassettes/rawWAVfiles/

Thanks, I found the DOW-4.WAV you mentioned. I will try to make a cassette from it and then we can see if that's it.

I appreciate your help!!

THanks

attachicon.gifDOW_ED_ASS.DSK

6 files:

CASSETTE= Cassette load/save

DISKETTE= Diskette load/save You must CALL FILES(1) then NEW, then load the program.

4 source? data? game? files:SHUTTLE ATTACK Maybe somebody here can tell how to run them.

3SHAT1

3SHAT2

3SHAT3

3SHAT4

i am STILL looking for PSYBORG by TImagination - c'mon somebody......

THANK YOU! I OWE YOU!!!!!!

From The Cyc:

Mini Editor/Assembler. © John T. Dow, 1982. Complements the Line-by-Line Assembler and the Editor/Assembler command module. The Mini Editor/Assembler requires the Mini Memory module, but is written in TI Basic. This means it executes out of the 16K VDP RAM, which is in the console. [This description is based on a bound manual, but marked "Draft Version" and "The program also needs further testing."]

So I guess the one who finds that is very lucky. LOL