IGNORED

New desktop arcade controllers

Curt Vendel

Regarding the paddle...

The way the 7800 uses fire buttons is an odd affair.

The on/off switch keeps that quirky design from interfering with paddle usage but yes, the cavaet is, if you peg the paddle all the way you max out the resistance and the 7800 thinks youre firing one of the buttons.

Having a paddle added back in is a major convenience for gamers, so it was a very small trade off in functionality.

Im a bit curious about your mentions on the buttons. My usual tests are with 7800 asteroids to make sure both buttons work properly and 2600 kaboom for paddles.

Perhaps we can discuss offline so I can find out some more info.

No big deal on the buttons. I can reverse the wires later but something to keep in mind. I'm used to button 1 mapped to the left and button 2 mapped to the right button. Or at least that is how they are mapped on all of the NES style like controllers I've bought over the last few years.

Yes, these look *really* cool.

My wife ordered one at the beginning of February. We have not received it yet, and the 'contact us' section of the site times out and wont send a message (site says five days to make and then ship). No problems waiting, I know how these things go, but she never got a shipping notice. How long should we expect before receiving one? Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, these look *really* cool.

My wife ordered one at the beginning of February. We have not received it yet, and the 'contact us' section of the site times out and wont send a message (site says five days to make and then ship). No problems waiting, I know how these things go, but she never got a shipping notice. How long should we expect before receiving one? Just curious. Thanks.

I just tried the contact page, its not even letting me send, even though I filled all of the fields its giving me errors, I haven't updated the code or the PHP since the install and it used to work, so I'm not sure what is wrong, but it needs to be fixed asap, I'll check with zencart forums to see if others have similar prob's. I have 2 orders that need to be filled, I have another 1/2 on an order going out and I just got back a return because I sent a Right instead of a left so I'll make sure your order is on its way by Monday.

I just tried the contact page, its not even letting me send, even though I filled all of the fields its giving me errors, I haven't updated the code or the PHP since the install and it used to work, so I'm not sure what is wrong, but it needs to be fixed asap, I'll check with zencart forums to see if others have similar prob's. I have 2 orders that need to be filled, I have another 1/2 on an order going out and I just got back a return because I sent a Right instead of a left so I'll make sure your order is on its way by Monday.

Great, thanks for the heads up.

And yes, that's the experience I had with the site as well. No matter how many times the wife filled it out, it wouldn't send. Looking forward to getting the stick :)

• Like 2

Just waiting on the 5200 version and I'm also curious about the dual joystick version? What games would utilize that?

The 5200 needs a good joystick more than any retro game system ever created! Plenty of folks have dumped their 5200s because the games can actually be ruined by how bad the controllers perform.

I was waiting on Edladdin’s 5200 controller but this maker looks quality too. Many like me will pull the trigger on the first of the two to actually come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack

The 5200 needs a good joystick more than any retro game system ever created! Plenty of folks have dumped their 5200s because the games can actually be ruined by how bad the controllers perform.

I was waiting on Edladdin’s 5200 controller but this maker looks quality too. Many like me will pull the trigger on the first of the two to actually come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've gotten in the new sticks and self centering pots. I just need to spend time building the first proto for a 5200 version, keypad is easy, but I'm looking for a good solution to the 3 buttons for start/pause/reset that will asthetically match... Right now I need to focus on finishing things with the XM and I'm doing some website overhaul work, so bench time in the 5200 controller has been scarce for now, sorry.

• Like 1

I have 2 orders that need to be filled, I have another 1/2 on an order going out and I just got back a return because I sent a Right instead of a left so I'll make sure your order is on its way by Monday.

I think I'm one of those 2 orders. Hoping it was or will be sent soon!

Regarding the paddle...

The way the 7800 uses fire buttons is an odd affair.

The on/off switch keeps that quirky design from interfering with paddle usage but yes, the cavaet is, if you peg the paddle all the way you max out the resistance and the 7800 thinks youre firing one of the buttons.

How do you deal with the paddle and the joystick at the same time. is the power switch on the VCC pin? or is it for the whole paddle mechanism as a whole?

Just a follow up, we still have not received the joystick, if It had gone out on Monday of last week, we should have seen it by now.

I can give you order details by PM if you'd like.

• 2 months later...