IGNORED

Toyshop Terminator (early WIP)

Karl G

I am sharing a early WIP version of this game in time for Christmas. Please let me know if you think the concept and gameplay is promising for a more complete version later!

Premise: You are a robot programmed to take the fun out of Christmas. Your creator was a permanent fixture on Santa's naughty list, and only got the naughty kid presents, so she programmed you to try to make sure the other kids don't get fun presents, either.

You have infiltrated one of Santa's toy warehouses. Your mission is to destroy as many fun toys on the conveyor belts as possible with your slicer drone before you are discovered by security.

post-48311-0-84130400-1545008339_thumb.png

post-48311-0-66705700-1544635779_thumb.png

Gameplay: Use the paddle controller knob to choose the position of the slicer drone, and the button to slice. Get as many toys as you can in one minute.

Version at-least-it-has-cute-music:

ToyshopTerminator-NTSC.bin

TODO:

• Add naughty list toys that shouldn't be destroyed [done]
  • Visible conveyor belts
  • Multiple waves with different toys
  • Multiple lives (lost when a naughty list toy is destroyed by mistake)
  • Better sound effects [done]
  • Titlescreen with Christmas music [done]
  • Like 7

But... but... I have two more holiday episodes to fill! Hurry hurry! :-)

If you get a newer version done before my next scheduled episode on the 19th can I show it then, pretty please? icon_winking.gif

Version don't-play-this-on-zeropage-homebrew-yet:

attachicon.gifToyshopTerminator-NTSC.bin

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2

But... but... I have two more holiday episodes to fill! Hurry hurry! :-)

If you get a newer version done before my next scheduled episode on the 19th can I show it then, pretty please? icon_winking.gif

I would be honored to have it on the show. It is just in an embarrassingly early-stage. Right now, it is using recycled sound effects from Space Game. I'll try to get a slightly more fleshed-out version done by then. :-)

• Like 4

I've posted a new version. This version adds "naughty list" toys that should not be destroyed: a lump of coal, socks, underwear, and a pencil. I've also added a simple title screen with music made by Maggie.

This is still just a proof of concept, and I think it will look a lot better with the four conveyor belts being visible, which will require a rewrite in assembly.

• Like 2

We'll be playing Toyshop Terminator on the ZeroPage Homebrew stream tonight on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

UPDATE! Link to VIDEO:

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2