IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 11 ~ Bronze Medal Pick

Vocelli

Sooo, can you buy this as a Cartridge?

If you can't Don't understand how you are playing it on the 2600?

It's available from the AtariAge store.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=296

Alternately you can download the ROM image and play on real hardware using the Harmony Cart or in an emulator.

First off, I am no Techie,

Don't know what you mean by ROM Image or Harmony Cart or an emulator.

I play with original Equipment only.

Seems kind of a disadvantage to Newbies to play Homebrew games,

I might have bought this cartridge if i knew about it ahead of game week, its too late now to order and get it in time to play before this week is over.

I might have bought this cartridge if i knew about it ahead of game week, its too late now to order and get it in time to play before this week is over.

Think of a ROM as a cartridge that's stored on your computer. You can find just about all of the Atari 2600 games on ROM here: https://www.atariage.com/system_items.html?SystemID=2600&ItemTypeID=ROM

An Atari 2600 emulator is a program that basically turns your computer into an Atari 2600 whenever it is running. Although there are others, the most popular 2600 emulator is Stella (based on the original working name of the VCS). Downloads of Stella can be found at https://stella-emu.github.io/downloads.html -- there is a user's guide on the same page. If you have any problems, myself or someone else here will be happy to help you. I may have to visualize a process that has become second-nature for me, but I'll do my best.

I'm surprised there are no pinned Stella instructions in the Emulation section here. Maybe it's something I can do for the site someday. I'm looking to build a technical writing portfolio anyway.

SBAZ... I don't know what that is.... please explain this game.

I thought it would count like Basic Programming and the SynthCart-- not actually games but for the 2600 nonetheless.

... I think it could be called a "demo." It came in a pack of hacks & homebrews.

(rom attached for your inspection!)

24 Column Text Kernel V1 (2007) (John Payson) (WIP).bin

Harmony Cart is a 2600 cartridge which has an SD card slot in it. You can load roms on an SD card, insert the SD card into the Harmony Cart, and then plug the Harmony Cart into the 2600 and choose from the list of games to play!

also, a rom is the game program which was stored on an original cartridge.

Well, I thought most people actually played on original Equipment here, That's all I will do, as I have no internet at our house (live in the boonies)

Guess I just wont be able to play the home brews unless I buy the actually cartridges,

I play on real hardware every week, a Light Sixer to be specific, and there's really only one cartridge you need: https://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Harmony.html

• Like 1

Well, I thought most people actually played on original Equipment here, That's all I will do, as I have no internet at our house (live in the boonies)

Guess I just wont be able to play the home brews unless I buy the actually cartridges,

just a thought in case it helps... when I had no internet, I would bring a thumb drive into town with me and that's how I did my downloads and also how I posted my scores. In any case I'm glad you're here gaming and ROCK ON !!

Another thought for redmiller:. You can go to https://javatari.org and save the HTML file to a flash drive or transfer from your phone. You could do the same with the rom. That should give you an atari emulator even without internet. The only issue is that you wouldn't be able to use real controllers without any adaptor...but depending on the game, that could be an advantage.

Edited by Novastar

First score worthy of mentioning

1303C5

post-62832-0-88801500-1545284968_thumb.jpg

Incidentally, the first two digits, which count for a lot of the positioning are incremented by clearing levels. Knowing that helps a lot. I always appreciate the sporting tips people give even to the competition and so I am glad to add my two cents.

Oh yeah, another tip, if your Atari was not correctly tuned for color, this game is nearly impossible. I got a lot better just by fine tuning the color wheel under the hood.

Edited by Novastar