Revontuli

Dragon's Descent - Roguelite/Action game

Latest build:

DragonsDescent_2019_8_15_2019.bin

I did a little bit of re-organizing instructions, and decided to animate the door (blinking with a key icon) to see how that works.  The design is based on the fourth door, but my hope is that the blinking key symbol on top of the door communicates the "get key to unlock door" dynamic. 

DragonsDescent_2019_August_Cart_Candidate.bas_6.png.4595c5c4626d97c7c5a33b7647c370e6.png

It should also be within cycle count, although I'm paranoid since a few circumstances in the game get -very close- to hitting the cycle limit.  I'll be testing on hardware over the next few days.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, mickmuze said:

I feel like we both have stumbled upon an age old problem.

That's strangely reassuring.  Thanks for your response!

Edited by Revontuli
  • Like 2

I think that the door looks great, although it does remind me more of a chest than a door.

Is it my imagination, or does the player character accelerate faster in the 7800 version?

On 8/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, fluxit said:

Is it my imagination, or does the player character accelerate faster in the 7800 version?

The 7800 version does accelerate a little faster, one of the quirks of porting the game.  A lot of it has to do with the different resolution on the 7800, meaning the screen/sprite/pixel proportions are different (the sprites are larger on screen in the 7800, which makes everything feel a little faster as well).   I actually have to make the horizontal and vertical speeds different from one another on the 7800 to account for the more rectangular pixels.