IGNORED

Tyre Trax

Muddyfunster

Tyre Trax is a "clock racer" inspired by some of my favourite Activision games like Barnstorming and Grand Prix. It is programmed in bB using the DPC+ kernel

It's pretty much complete and I wanted to throw a note in here in the hope folks might give it a test ride :)

For best enjoyment, add friends and beers (not included).,

I've added a few screen grabs below and there is a full thread over in the Bb Forum

Instructions :

Playing

Right now there are 8 game modes are present to try out.

Tournament

Game 1 : Summertime - nice and simple, learn to play (15 obstacles)

Game 2 : Sunset - bit more challenging with more obstacles. (20 obstacles)

Game 3 : Winter - hard, (25 obstacles) - rocks start a bit closer as visibility is lower !

Game 4: Night Time : more stuff, lower visibility, (30 obstacles)

Freeplay / Random (30 obstacles)

Game 5: as game 1 but with random obstacle generation

Game 6 :as game 2 but with random obstacle generation

Game 7 :as game 3 but with random obstacle generation

Game 8 :as game 4 but with random obstacle generation

Difficulty Switches (only work on modes 5 to 8 )

Left : B = Easy mode (obstacles appear further away) - A= Hard mode (Obstacles appear closer- less time to react)

Right B= Easy obstacles (all combinations appear) : A - Tough obstacles (only hard combos appear).

Controls

Fire or Reset to start after selecting your game.

Fire to accelerate

Release Fire to coast and slow down gradually

Left for brakes to slow down quickly

If you hit an obstacle you get slowed down to a crawl (costing you time)

You need a fast time to win the gold cup, too slow? you get the turd prize.. Oh and stay out of the water..

Edit 17th Feb 2019 : Below is footage from the final version V295x version, complete with title tune (credit to Rushjet1 for his musical magic) and some other tweaks for the passing sound:

tyre_trax_p60_v273.bin

tyre_trax_ntsc_v273.bin

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've updated the first post with a short vid of the revised final version complete with kicking title tune.

Huge credit to RushJet1 for his superb music that he provided for Tyre Trax and to mksmith for figuring out how to get TIA Tracker to work in bB,

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 3

Is it possible to have the music playing during game play? And maybe use a switch to turn it off, like in moon patrol? The music on the title is great and playing to the music would be a lot of fun. This game came together very well!

• Like 3

Wow, that is some killer music! Great job by RushJet1!!! :-)

I've updated the first post with a short vid of the revised final version complete with kicking title tune.

Huge credit to RushJet1 for his superb music that he provided for Tyre Trax and to mksmith for figuring out how to get TIA Tracker to work in bB,

• Like 1

Is it possible to have the music playing during game play? And maybe use a switch to turn it off, like in moon patrol? The music on the title is great and playing to the music would be a lot of fun. This game came together very well!

It's something I'm going to have a look at, not sure if how successful I'll be as the game already has a lot of stuff going on and I'm always wary of the cycle count, but i'm certainly going to try :) but for now this is the "final" version.

RushJet1 has also put together some fantastic music for Dare Devil.

Edited by Muddyfunster

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a mock up of the planned patches for Tyre Trax, based off of AtariBoys superb artwork.

post-61789-0-11514900-1550423323.png

Probably going to get tweaked etc, but you get the idea :)

Now to prod Al..

[edit] updated the vid in the first post with the slight slowing of the music and the new "obstacle" sound effect. It no longer, in RT's words, sounds like someone doing something unthinkable to a duck :)

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 7

Curious. Where are you getting the patches made?

There are a couple suppliers in the UK that I know (my wife does all kinds of crafting and textiles stuff). Probably looking at a run of 50 to go with the physical release for folks to earn by hitting the Gold Cups. Logistics are TBD.

I can't have a game that is basically a tribute to Activision's style without a patch! (probably do one for Dare Devil too).

• Like 2

I can't have a game that is basically a tribute to Activision's style without a patch! (probably do one for Dare Devil too).

Yessss! Competing for patches is way cool. Time to take the DeLorean, to tell 10 year old me that I'll be competing for patches in 2019.

• Like 2