IGNORED

TI cassette deck belt replacement?

oracle_jedi

I think my TI cassette deck is dying.

After a long afternoon of transferring tape based files to disk for my Camputers Lynx, the cassette deck is now acting as if it is at the end of the tape when in fact it is at the beginning. Tried several tapes, and even advanced forward half way through, with no change.

I am guessing the belt has stretched?

Before I end up with yet another half dissassembled piece of retro hardware on the desk, and another small pile of screws that I am not entirely certain where they came from, does anyone know the belt specs for these units, and better yet, where to buy them from?

This is the beige colored unit styled to match the later 99/4A computers.

Thanks for the link.

It's odd. If I press the PLAY key very firmly then it seems to stick and run the tape. Also, starting with the Pause enabled, and then releasing it seems to help. It definitely seems like its starting to fail. Hopefully I can get the last of the tape games moved to disk before it completely gives up.

I've got a number of projects lined up right now, and rebuilding the rarely used tape deck isn't high on my priority list of things I want to do.

Thanks for the link.

It's odd. If I press the PLAY key very firmly then it seems to stick and run the tape. Also, starting with the Pause enabled, and then releasing it seems to help. It definitely seems like its starting to fail. Hopefully I can get the last of the tape games moved to disk before it completely gives up.

I've got a number of projects lined up right now, and rebuilding the rarely used tape deck isn't high on my priority list of things I want to do.

Try cleaning the rubber wheel all the way around it on the RH side that sticks out when you press play with a q-tip w/rubbing alcohol.(make sure to let it dry completely before inserting a tape)

Edited by Fritz442