IGNORED

Basement Game Room/s WIP

Cobra Kai

Hey everyone. Last year I bought my first house. It took alot of work to get the house interior repainted, fix the roof, tend the lawn etc...all that house stuff. I also had to completely redo the basement, with fresh paint, and remodel the bathroom down there as well. That work is starting to pay off. I'm still kinda working on the gamerooms down here especially with decorations, I'm trying to put alot of pop culture and game posters on the walls. Without further ado, I wanted to share what I currently have in pictures for now.

This is what you'll see as you come down the stairs and enter the basement. You can see a doorway at the back, that's the other game room I'll show later:

post-3519-0-54583400-1544903090_thumb.jpg

This is a view from the couch:

post-3519-0-90561700-1544903146_thumb.jpg

A couple of closeups:

post-3519-0-07968000-1544903251_thumb.jpg post-3519-0-38597400-1544903278_thumb.jpg post-3519-0-16406300-1544903355_thumb.jpg

This is the back game room where I play 7800, and I have a Retro Trio as well. I can also play light gun games on this old CRT if I want:

post-3519-0-52423900-1544903386_thumb.jpg

A closer view of the rack back there:

post-3519-0-12443800-1544903458_thumb.jpg

Also in this room is some storage for system boxes and board games:

post-3519-0-18719800-1544903488_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this so far. I don't expect much will change, other than more posters on the walls, and I need to put fresh carpet down there as well. But no rush.

• Like 10

I also bought my first house last year but my game room isn't finished. I pretty much just need to buy about five of those tall and deep plastic 5 shelves units that you usually see in garages. I need that much deep shelving because it won't just be a game room but my retro room with my CRT collection, boom boxes, tape decks, VCRs, 8-track players, turn table, etc. If I fit it all in there in an organized fashion I will be impressed. Anyway, I'm a Hoosier too. Maybe we can someday go on field trips to visit each others man caves, make trades, or whatever.

• Like 2

Field trips to other mancaves? That sounds like loads fun!

You are totally invited. I could see you coming over then I say,"I wish I could see yours someday." Then you say,"You can now because I brought it with me." I look at you confused but then you open up a laptop with the most organized and curated set of emulators ever. Then I say,"May I have a copy of ALL of that?!"

• Like 1

I feel like you are wasting that beautiful brick that looks like it used to house a fireplace and the placement of your TV with your chair in the middle in front of the couch looks kind of odd. What I would recommend is buying one of those entertainment centers with the fake fireplaces in them and put it in front of that brick with the TV on top of that. Then move the chair by the couch and buy a huge coffee table for the middle for when you set up huge things like a 5200 with all accessories like the trackball.

• Like 2

There is a fireplace but I'm not going to use it unless emergency. There's another functional fireplace upstairs in the main living room. The couch is concealing a baseboard radiator, which causes some logistical issues on where to put stuff. I agree it didn't look ideal aesthetically, but so far it's the most efficient way to organize down there. Plus, this is all just for me to play games most of the time by myself anyway.

The fireplace is in the middle wall that divides my basement in half. The other half is the laundry and workshop area, also the full bathroom. Since there's a concrete wall cutting my basement in half it's more constrained. Some pictures I've seen here people have these huge open area basements.

edit: yeah if I decide to just cover up the fireplace that would give me some options, but I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Edited by Nuclear Pacman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the compliments.

Have an update on the decorating. I changed the layout of the posters, they were too densely packed together, I thought it looked tacky. So I rearranged what I had, and also have acquired more, so I have new pictures of the current layout:

This is the stairwell to the basement (alot of reflections in the picture you don't normally see, the camera really accentuating it) :

post-3519-0-20432300-1548120446.jpg

A view surrounding the gaming table:

post-3519-0-44126100-1548120490.jpg

post-3519-0-31613500-1548120566.jpg

Behind the couch:

post-3519-0-41873900-1548120635.jpg

TV:

post-3519-0-48528900-1548120681.jpg

I have some of these cool little marquee style posters, recent additions. This is DKJr. You can see Burgertime in the TV picture above, I want more of these!

post-3519-0-04749800-1548120728.jpg

• 7 months later...