IGNORED

Fire and Brimstone under work - pls. test

I finished game - so made return to start point as conqueror :)

allhail.png

Well, after all it, I feel need to write my opinion about game. Ataricrypt will hate me for sure :)

Graphic is first class, but everything other is not. For instance why no scroll ? Not even in Amiga version. It goes slow when too much of it is on screen. It goes repetitive - lot of diverse enemies, but they do mostly same. And yes, when no ideas about versatile gameplay then they tend to make it very hard - there are many examples for it. I don't think that anyone finished this without cheat. Especially as controls are laggy sometimes, and you just can not jump enough accurately over holes. Then those nasty traps at many places - I 'loved' most those right at screen start - ah, that's why no scrolling :-D

I dare to say that there was some lazyness in all it. Why making more levels, when player can play same levels again. Pardon, not 'can' but 'must' :) And no even special screen for finale, only text. I need to play Potsworth and Co. now ;-)

Now added to main adaptation page: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/firebrim.html

YT video is there too.

And something what took about 10x less time: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/stackup.html

That would be all from my 'nefarious', 'sub-standard' Atari ST game activity, performed 150% with "stolen byes" . I hope those who said what I quoted here, and other 'encouraging' things are now happy :(

At least number 1221 looks good :-D

• Like 1

That would be all from my 'nefarious', 'sub-standard' Atari ST game activity, performed 150% with "stolen byes" . I hope those who said what I quoted here, and other 'encouraging' things are now happy :(

Can you explain what this means in a coherent reply please?

Confused

Edited by Grazey
  • Like 1

Confused

Dude, that was a dick move. This guy doing his thing has nothing to do with you doing your thing.

I think it's called double standards, Grazey.

• Like 2

The post is sarcastic, and references to some interactions between ParanoidLittleMan (PLM) and CyranoJ. The only information that will be useful to you is that a good game had been adapted for play from a hard drive and with support for save states by PLM.

• Like 1

The post is sarcastic, and references to some interactions between ParanoidLittleMan (PLM) and CyranoJ. The only information that will be useful to you is that a good game had been adapted for play from a hard drive and with support for save states by PLM.

Ah, so it isn't a "dick move" it's just sarcasm.. riiiiight.

• Like 2

Well, I think that we have now answer on almost everything.

I'm sorry Atari people that I have sub-standard 1200 'patches' - from which 1300 is already 'patched' . I'm sorry for 'crying' all time how low things gone low. No. all is nice, moderators are objective, all users are objective - because we are now in informatic era !

Let's all be real 'mans' and instead doing some 'sub-standard' activities just jump in other people's threads and talk about stolen bytes, using C sources of OS A for modding OS B in asm, writing how P-s floppy utility can destroy and wipe whole hard disk partitions, people's homes and even whole continents !

What 'informatic era' means ? 'Inform' people how person C is untermansch, repeat it again enough times, and yes, that will become 'valid' information.

Where humanity goes actually ?

I don't want to get into the middle of a fight I know nothing about, but I love your stuff. The save game states and the TOS > 1..02 fixed versions are awesome. I'll test this one out tonight.

DBug has some great patches on their site. I found the only version of Phantasie Ii that would work on my HD setup in their patches and the only version of GODS that would work in yours.

I think we all need to get along.

Thanks asking for help with testing the patches. Why wouldn't we drop these on an SD card and try on our real machines? I know I will.

If DBug wants the same help, I'll be there for them too.

• Like 1

Ah, so it isn't a "dick move" it's just sarcasm.. riiiiight.

There is a fundamental difference between Sauron's comments, which were the context for my "dick move" appraisal, and the ones that PLM made here. PLM's comments were meant to challenge those parties privy to the history of the larger conversation concerning his work, but did not name any names and were not in any way insulting. Sauron's comments, on the other hand, had no other intent than to harass a community member he doesn't like by hijacking his thread and shitting on his work. This sucks as it is, and then you add the fact that the guy is a moderator.

I remain at a loss to understand what motivates your own antagonistic remarks here. You don't like PLM? I can understand that. You think his work sucks, or is redundant? Ok. You honestly believe he used someone else's code without permission or an attribution? If that's true, it ain't right. But your antagonistic whining on a thread in which the guy actually gives something entertaining to the community only makes you look petty and bitter. Instead, why don't you offer up some links to the better work you keep claiming, and explain why it's better. If there was plagiarism, then show some real side-by-side evidence of it, and out the man. Until then, you really aren't doing anything for the conversation, community, or your own reputation.

• Like 1

I remain at a loss to understand what motivates your own antagonistic remarks here.

Apparently posting a link to a working version of a game so someone can play it NOW is a dick move. It didn't comment on his patch or any of the other things you accuse me of until you threw fire on it by calling it a dick move. If anyone escalated this thread it was, in fact, you.

I even offered him some ideas for making the patch easier for himself, and he throws that shit comment at the end.

But, it's xmas eve, this shit is all from something that I didn't even patch, 10 years ago, for a game and system from 30 years ago. So lets just call it quits here, eh?

Chill and relax.

• Like 1

OK, I think that it's time to close this thread. Some people simply has no basic social skills and sense tor what is proprietary in some thread . Despite it was explained that here was not talk about is there some other version of this game 'patched' for hard disk usage. This is case when I did it on someone's request. Again: read complete thread before jumping in.

And yes, we all have right to do this in own way, by own ideas, own priorities. People have right to have choice. More choice - better for people. That's called competition, and that's basically very healthy thing. Imagine World where single company has monopol - ah, we don't need even to imagine - there is M$ for instance. Or some g... on Internet. I hate g... when I see how they sort it based on how much who pays them. And I recently seen some really stupid mistake of Google (let's name them) : I typed in: "My City name (1 word) video camera rent". Then at top of hits google map appeared - with three locations highlighted. On top was (just because it is most North) shop called "220 Volt" . No, no way - they don't rent anything - said I . Because I know that shop well. But I went there anyway, because it was: rent, loan or buy camera. Of course, I was right (as always :-D ), and they even checked it by typing same query in g. What to say ? Sloppy work by zillion $ company. Sure, 220 Volt (what is actually chain store in Hu) paid them to appear in google searches. Maybe even error is not done by g. but some poor underpaid administrator at 220 V, who supplied incorrect data to g. Not so relevant - what matters is result, and it sucks.

Some will say that I was way off topic. Not at all. That's just how we, human work - imperfect. Bad priorities make things bad. And they are: greed, vanity, wanting money, goods without effort, envyness, etc .

Let's think about ourself this special days. Let's try to be better people. It's not only games, TOS what can be improved :)

Edited by ParanoidLittleMan

Apparently posting a link to a working version of a game so someone can play it NOW is a dick move. It didn't comment on his patch or any of the other things you accuse me of until you threw fire on it by calling it a dick move. If anyone escalated this thread it was, in fact, you.

But it WAS a kind of "dick move". The thread wasn't started by a game player, looking for the best and most expeditious route to playing this particular game. It was started by PLM to invite use of, and assistance with, his effort to patch this particular game. That has nothing to do with your patched version of the same game, regardless of what you may think of duplicate effort as a useless endeavor. Atari hobbyists develop nearly identical things all the time, as a way to learn and perhaps amuse themselves. Nobody on this thread gives two fucks whether or not someone else did it first, or better.

But, it's xmas eve...so lets just call it quits here, eh?

Sure. We can "agree to disagree", as they say. Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Just for the record: after looking signature it's clear who brings here wisdom (yeah, I'm sarcastic) - another D-Bug fanboy. Known as cb from AF .

I'm so sorry that I made biggest possible sin: saying something bad about and for D-Bug crew. I should burn in Hell forever, and for 10 zillion years after it ...

What is really sad is that this is all what remained here for some people. They don't care for Atari community, who does something useful - look posts where new games are presented here - do you see there many posts ? No, contrary, almost nothing. Nobody except me tested Cometball. So, who is really bad guy here ? In other words - there are those here for whom this is just personal conflict, and don't care about anything else.

Now, really, please close this. I can write more in similar manner, just pull my tongue ...

• Like 1