IGNORED

HSC Season 10 - Game 2 and 2 bis/10 - FROGGER / Christmas Carol

scalpel

I thought you might like to try this: The "ROM Edition."

You can play Christmas Carol without having to mess with an Intellivision emulator:

http://www.carolvsghost.com/pg_game.html

A gift from the maker of the game :D

Much appreciated. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to find the time to play at least one game at the moment. So busy on the build up to Christmas. I do my best, thanks :)

• Like 2

I could use some help with Christmas Carol as well. I've actually played that game quite a lot, and the best I have ever done is probably the fifth or sixth screen.

I think it is a terrific game, but I also find it VERY difficult. Any and all advice is welcome. I have been eager to see all of the cutscenes for a long time, and I have only ever seen a few.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Are you kidding ? Are you pulling my legs ? ;) ;)

Is it the very first time you are playing Christmas Carol ?

Noooooo... not my first time! I competed in Carol vs. the World 2013... played every day for a month and came up with a score of 3,716 by the end of it. I may have done a little better but that was my best posted score. It's just been a long time.

I agree this game is amazing! Now I tried it and didn't even survive the first screen xD

• Like 2

Carol: 1,100

post-34560-0-86278700-1545268497.png

After playing some more I realized, it was less important that I remembered my patterns, and more important that I got good at playing again!

a couple tips...

the escape tunnels work to evade the snowman, but only if he's not right on your heels.

in an open space you can sometimes shake the snowman by zig-zagging.

most important tip: play tons of times! Christmas Carol requires kung-fu training by massive repetition skill-building!

Ok, I got 372 but missed the screenshot.

Does anybody have a list of keyboard commands for this game? I don't know the button for screenshots.

I figured out this much:

Shift = Start

9 = Exit

- = Go To Practice Mode

F9 = Fullscreen?

f1 jzintv exit

f9 window/full

f12 jzintv reset

0-9,-,= controller keypad

Shift,alt,ctrl controller side buttons

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Carol - 497

Getting better at this but still rubbish. Can't get on with using the laptop keyboard to control.

Really like the game though, looking forward to playing it with my Flashcart when it arrives :)

Congratulations on the flash cart! It looks like you DID give yourself a Christmas present. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2