IGNORED

HSC Season 10 - Game 2 and 2 bis/10 - FROGGER / Christmas Carol

scalpel

Here are my last scores for this week. I played a few more rounds of Froggy and Carol and managed to beat my previous scores. In particular, I stopped worrying about the "wrap around" rule of Frogger and played in game #1. That's when my score soared.

As for Carol, I managed to save Christmas!! I am now a Helper Elf! (Which is too bad, because I've been a Ranger and a Master Elf in the past.)

Here are my latest scores...

FROGGER:

First try at game #1: 8,010

post-27318-0-74311200-1546203911_thumb.jpg

Final try on game #1: 8,180

post-27318-0-56518000-1546203917_thumb.jpg

CHRISTMAS CAROL:

I saved Christmas! Woo-hoo!

post-27318-0-36784300-1546203923_thumb.jpg

I am now a proud (but demoted) Helper Elf!

post-27318-0-13139300-1546203931_thumb.jpg

Final score: 1,946

post-27318-0-29765600-1546203937_thumb.jpg

This was a lot of fun! I only wished I had more time to play. I was finishing up my book (which is a children's story based on Christmas Carol's adventures). I'm still on vacation, so I will definitely play on the next round. :)

Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year!

-dZ.

• Like 3

Here are my last scores for this week. I played a few more rounds of Froggy and Carol and managed to beat my previous scores. In particular, I stopped worrying about the "wrap around" rule of Frogger and played in game #1. That's when my score soared.

As for Carol, I managed to save Christmas!! I am now a Helper Elf! (Which is too bad, because I've been a Ranger and a Master Elf in the past.)

FROGGER:

attachicon.gifIMG_5010.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5011.JPG

CHRISTMAS CAROL:

attachicon.gifIMG_5012.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5013.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5014.JPG

This was a lot of fun! I only wished I had more time to play. I was finishing up my book (which is a children's story based on Christmas Carol's adventures). I'm still on vacation, so I will definitely play on the next round. :)

-dZ.

Congrats ! :) :)

Less than 2 hours to post scores.

Next games soooooon :)

• Like 2

Noooooo... not my first time! I competed in Carol vs. the World 2013... played every day for a month and came up with a score of 3,716 by the end of it. I may have done a little better but that was my best posted score. It's just been a long time.

I agree this game is amazing! Now I tried it and didn't even survive the first screen xD

A fellow veteran! Welcome back! I see that you won a patch for "Ranger Elf," nice! :)

Ok, I got 372 but missed the screenshot.

Does anybody have a list of keyboard commands for this game? I don't know the button for screenshots.

I figured out this much:

Shift = Start

9 = Exit

- = Go To Practice Mode

F9 = Fullscreen?

Using the hand-controller, it's:

Clear: Practice

Enter: Start

Using the numeric keypad, it's:

0: Practice

Enter: Start

Using the numbers row:

-: Practice

=: Start

SHIFT: Start

Regular emulator commands:

F1: Quit

F12: Restart

F11: Take screenshot

CTRL+A: Start movie recording

Miscellaneous:

1+9: Pause during game-play

Carol: 1,100

attachicon.gifCarol v Ghost (Intv) e 1100.png

After playing some more I realized, it was less important that I remembered my patterns, and more important that I got good at playing again!

a couple tips...

the escape tunnels work to evade the snowman, but only if he's not right on your heels.

in an open space you can sometimes shake the snowman by zig-zagging.

most important tip: play tons of times! Christmas Carol requires kung-fu training by massive repetition skill-building!

The Snowman and the Bad Toy will follow you into the tunnels, so watch out. Zig-zagging works great to confuse the Snowman. I don't think Christmas Carol requires "kung-fu training by massive repetition skill-building." I think it takes understanding a few key rules of how the enemies behave and after that, you can master it. Check out the tips I provided earlier for help. :)

attachicon.gifCarol v Ghost (Intv) e 1376.png

I forgot about this stage, "Twisted Toyland" !

what a fun game!

Thanks! Watch out for that Bad Toy! He's sneaky! :lol:

Oh, wow! That's pretty close to your previous high score! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-dZ.

• Like 1

FROGGER:

attachicon.gifIMG_5010.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5011.JPG

CHRISTMAS CAROL:

attachicon.gifIMG_5012.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5013.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5014.JPG

-dZ.

I wish I would have saw this before! I would have loved to play some Christmas Carol again! DZjay I miss the carol competition! :_( :_(

As some guys didn't play Christmas Carol, only Frogger is in the competition for the 2nd game :

Results :

bamse : 66,300 points : 10 points

S.BAZ : 30,740 points : 8 points

m-crew : 30, 230 points : 6 points

dpisacane : 29,860 points : 4 points

scalpel : 29,720 points : 2 points

Intymike : 15,070 points : 1 point

mr_intv : 14,080 points

JasonlikesINTV : 9,650 points

ed1475 : 9,040 points

roadrunner : 8,370 points

DZ-Jay : 8,180 points

jblenkle : 5,900 points

Congrats to Bamse for his great score !

Bamse won Game 1 and Game 2. Who will win the Game 3 ? Bamse, you won't ;)

• Like 1

If Intymike and ed1475 couldn't play, we can't include Christmas Carol but if Intymike and ed1475 refused to play, I could include it... they have to tell me :)

Oh! I think they refused to play. They hate Christmas, but love frogs and humbugs!!! ;)

By the way, if any new programmers out there are in search of a project, may I recommend re-doing Frogger with good music and better controls? It doesn't even have to be very fancy -- the same limited conversion as the Parker Bros. version would be fine. All it needs is proper music and more responsive controls. :)

-dZ.

• Like 2

By the way, if any new programmers out there are in search of a project, may I recommend re-doing Frogger with good music and better controls? It doesn't even have to be very fancy -- the same limited conversion as the Parker Bros. version would be fine. All it needs is proper music and more responsive controls. :)

-dZ.

You ? :)