IGNORED

Do you plan on giving out or asking for video games this Christmas?

Shawn

Do you plan on giving out or asking for video games this Christmas?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hope to give or receive video games this Christmas?

• Yes! I've asked Santa for video game for Christmas!
    • Yes! I will be giving out video games as gifts this Christmas!
    • Yes! I will be both asking for and giving out video games this Christmas!
    • Nope! There are no video games on the agenda this 2018 Holiday Season.
    • Bah Humbug!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I don't even want to say how many of the stupid $100 Pokemon for the Switch I had to get for various kids. Let's just say it hurt. But it's funny because apparently they're apparently hard to find before Christmas now (probably due to suckers like me).

As for me, I'm getting the Arcade1up 12-in-1.. waiting to be wrapped up in the garage for me. And why not. :lol:

• Like 1

Hell no, to both. I learned a long time ago that asking for games typically netted somewhere between Jack and shit, as for giving, most that would appreciate games stuff, typically buy what their interested in.

Christmas was ruined for me decades ago anyways, so typically I'm just like eff it.

I don't even want to say how many of the stupid $100 Pokemon for the Switch I had to get for various kids. Let's just say it hurt. But it's funny because apparently they're apparently hard to find before Christmas now (probably due to suckers like me).

As for me, I'm getting the Arcade1up 12-in-1.. waiting to be wrapped up in the garage for me. And why not. :lol:

The kiddos are getting a Switch and Smash Bros.

I asked for a Terasic DE-10 for MiSTer purposes, but we'll see if it actually happens.

I told my kids that Santa does not speak Nintendo and they might get to play the PSP for Christmas. And since they’re stuck on an island with no stores, they know they’re not in a position to beg to get anything that isn’t in a book. :)

And I know what you’re thinking, but I was not going to subject the Lynx to salt spray...

• Like 1

I already got the kids a 64 last month so probably not. I get new games quite regularly so giving them as gifts usually doesn’t happen. My wife always asks me if I want a Vectrex for Christmas or Atari something. I always say hell yes. Then she usually reminds me that she can’t afford to buy me a Vectrex again. Then she gets me some Atari Shirts. So I guess no. Maybe next year!

Edited by adamchevy

Uhh... no on both counts. None of my friends or family want video games. And Fatal Encounter (Australian release of Super Fighter), which I've been begging people for for, like, a bajillion years, no one has come through on. What a load of stewed tomatoes. :_(

I do however plan to spread some New Year's sneer by forcing a round of game.com link play on my buddy during our traditional New Year's Eve hike. Nowhere to go but up -- literally and metaphorically speaking in this case -- after ushering in 2019 in such a traumatic manner, wouldn't you say? (Unless he leaps off the edge of the mountain when he sees the game.com.)

Edited by DeathAdderSF

I asked, but didn't receive. I did, however, get an eBay gift card. So, same difference. ;-)

As for giving, no retro gamers on my shopping list--despite my best efforts. If my pockets were deeper, I'd start gifting systems.

Doesn't have to be just for retro stuff. I gifted a few new games to my son.

BTW, since no one asked, let me tell you how it went ringing in the New Year with the game.com: It went poorly. (Is anyone surprised?!) Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Fighters Megamix both refused to let us get past the fighter select screens in two player link cable modes, blaming a supposed connection error. I took this to mean "poorly written software" error. And I'm fairly certain I was correct, because Williams Arcade Classics actually allowed us to play Joust in two-player link cable mode. Even then, the experience was still pretty pathetic: The machines could barely keep up with everything going on, we could rarely tell which of the sprites we were controlling, and et cetera. Despite all this we actually were able to enjoy the experience, if only for the pure absurdity of it all. But it was a relief to have it over with. Thankfully the rest of the festivities were far more enjoyable.