IGNORED

"Politics" on Atari Age.

youxia

I'd just like to see the rules applied equally. If the rule is no politics, then that includes ALL political persuasions. And if you're going to allow some, allow all.

Yeah, if you want to pay moderators full-time to watch every post and thread on the forum to make sure people aren't sneaking politically-motivated posts onto AtariAge, that can probably be arranged.

..Al

• Like 6

This right here - is the stuff that is allowed to fly under the radar.

"I don't care about politics" preceded by an overtly political comment about the "Internet Mob" and being persecuted.

and yes - by having a moderator re-open that thread and tell everyone "we're letting this thread stay, and if you find it objectionable, I'l ban you" is exactly the action of declaring it a "safe space" for the kind of vulgar, crude, and insulting commentary it was filled with. again - nobody really reacted badly to thew photos in that thread. It was the lewd commentary that upset people.

This is EXACTLY what youxia is talking about. The insane double standard here that if anyone finds something "offensive" they are a "libtard" and a "troll", but sweeping generalizations about leftist/cucks/sjws/NPCs etc. are posted on this board all day every day by dozens of users, and none of that is subject to deleting/banning/etc.

Hey you twit, you're not a moderator. When there is a thread that is not violating any forum rules, you have no right or privilege to come in to it and start fights over its legitimacy. The moderators are right to ban the likes of you from such threads. Every forum has rules against attempting to vigilante/self-mod the forum.

There's no double standard, it's just that leftists have no tolerance for dissent and cannot survive in any actually free forum. You should go over to ResetEra where you'd feel more comfortable.

Hey you twit, you're not a moderator. When there is a thread that is not violating any forum rules, you have no right or privilege to come in to it and start fights over its legitimacy. The moderators are right to ban the likes of you from such threads. Every forum has rules against attempting to vigilante/self-mod the forum.

There's no double standard, it's just that leftists have no tolerance for dissent and cannot survive in any actually free forum. You should go over to ResetEra where you'd feel more comfortable.

Hey Al - I found one.

I want to apologize for using the term "leftist scolds". It's an archaic use of the term, but it can apply universally. For all I know, some fundamentalist religious folk came in that thread posting their disdain too.

Also, even if I didn't agree, I did see some reasonable arguments in that thread for its closing. I'm looking at you Flojomojo. Darn you for making me at least consider your points.

• Like 1

There's shouldn't be a problem with political discussion.. . The problem is people being dicks.
Yes, I understand that the norm now is one follows the other. And that's where we are. :P

Yep. It's entirely possible to discuss politics without it getting too ugly, or at least it used to be. But I completely understand and respect the "no politics" rule here. In this particular hobby, it makes sense given the average demographics of the userbase skew tremendously to a very small subset of people. This is most of where the double standard/unfairly enforced rules complaints stem from.

I hate that the female celebrities thread had to be deleted. I didn't look at very often but it was interesting to visit from time to time. I have always felt like the mods did a good job of stepping in when things got out of hand. I don't visit the forum every single day but I do enjoy the different sections available including the ones were politics do creep into from time to time. Thanks to all the mods for your hard work with the forum.

Scott:)

Agreed. The simple fact is, one or more individuals (you know who you are) entered the thread intending to troll, with zero appreciation for the subject matter.

The result is that we no longer have an off-topic spot to post attractive celeb pics we have seen (or would like to see) from tv and movies or wherever.

Well, mission accomplished. A thread enjoyed for years by many members had to be shut down. It's a shame everyone couldn't just shut up and look at the pretty pictures. Nobody forced you to click that link after all.

The trolls win again, and will likely become bored and move on to greener fields as the months pass, their accounts becoming inactive. The definition of pathetic and sad.

• Like 8

Agreed. The simple fact is, one or more individuals (you know who you are) entered the thread intending to troll, with zero appreciation for the subject matter.

The result is that we no longer have an off-topic spot to post attractive celeb pics we have seen (or would like to see) from tv and movies or wherever.

Well, mission accomplished. A thread enjoyed for years by many members had to be shut down. It's a shame everyone couldn't just shut up and look at the pretty pictures. Nobody forced you to click that link after all.

The trolls win again, and will likely become bored and move on to greener fields as the months pass, their accounts becoming inactive. The definition of pathetic and sad.

I too mourn the loss of the Celebs thread. I was always a little Leary to go in. It took me back to my Warez days at first glance. Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1