IGNORED

How to create disk image for IDE for MAME

Shift838

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, klrw111-78 said:

How do you specify a RTC chip that will be recognized by Fred’s IDELOAD program to load the DSR.? When I try with defaults, it fails under MAME64 ver 225 on OSX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First off you will need to make sure your 'Card Mode' is set correctly.  Within the OSD Menu, go to dip switches and select TI or Geneve. then ensure the 'Map at boot time' is set to SRAM.  Then go to 'Machine Configuration' and select the BQ4847 (ext SRAM).  After this you can load Fred's DSR.

As a short explanation, these settings are on the real card as well, as jumpers. The selection SRAM vs. RTC is intended for the RTC65271, which has a buffered on-chip RAM, so the selection "RTC" will map this RAM into the address space, and the card can bootstrap itself from this RTC memory. However, it does not make sense for all BQ chips.

Second, I set the mode switch to off to avoid a hangup when the contents of the SRAM are invalid.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mizapf said:

As a short explanation, these settings are on the real card as well, as jumpers. The selection SRAM vs. RTC is intended for the RTC65271, which has a buffered on-chip RAM, so the selection "RTC" will map this RAM into the address space, and the card can bootstrap itself from this RTC memory. However, it does not make sense for all BQ chips.

Second, I set the mode switch to off to avoid a hangup when the contents of the SRAM are invalid.

do you have to do this every time? or are these settings saved ?

They are saved until you change the PEB card locations. If you mix cards from time to time, you should make a copy of the file cfg/ti99_4a.cfg. It contains all your DIP switch setting, key assignments, and configuration switches. Then you can replace that file when necessary.

• Like 1

First off you will need to make sure your 'Card Mode' is set correctly.  Within the OSD Menu, go to dip switches and select TI or Geneve. then ensure the 'Map at boot time' is set to SRAM.  Then go to 'Machine Configuration' and select the BQ4847 (ext SRAM).  After this you can load Fred's DSR.

Unfortunately my white MacBook left arrow key does not change the selection when the UI is used. I have to use the right arrow key to cycle the options, but does not work for this switch setting. Any other options?

When you are in this menu, you should normally be able to use the right arrow to change the setting. In this screenshot, you would have to hit right arrow twice to get to the TI setting. If your left arrow does not work, you will have to find out that issue first probably.

ide3.png

When you are in this menu, you should normally be able to use the right arrow to change the setting. In this screenshot, you would have to hit right arrow twice to get to the TI setting. If your left arrow does not work, you will have to find out that issue first probably.
ide3.thumb.png.38773edbfa0bf246fe9577ceaf49188f.png

For some reason that key does not work in the UI for any option on the white MacBook. I have deleted all ini files in all locations and reinstalled and still does not work. Works on Pro. Guess I’ll copy config files over from it after getting it working there

2 hours ago, klrw111-78 said:

For some reason that key does not work in the UI for any option on the white MacBook. I have deleted all ini files in all locations and reinstalled and still does not work. Works on Pro. Guess I’ll copy config files over from it after getting it working there

Clarification-- I use the left arrow key to change the selection and cycle through the options because the pressing the right arrow key does not change anything. Since this particular option only looks for the right arrow key to change the selection, nothing works.

I suppose your right arrow key works in general. You can check whether something was reconfigured in the user interface: Go to the OSD, "Input (general)" → "User Interface". There you should the attached screen. You can redefine "UI Right" by selecting it, pressing Del to remove the current mapping, Return to define a new one.

Also, you can edit the cfg/ti99_4a.cfg file (or ti99_4ae for the European version):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- This file is autogenerated; comments and unknown tags will be stripped -->
<mameconfig version="10">
    <system name="ti99_4ae">
        <input>
            <port tag=":ioport:peb:slot7:ide:MODE" type="DIPSWITCH" mask="3" defvalue="0" value="2" />
       </input>
   </system>
</mameconfig>

(change the slot according to your configuration)

osd1.png

Edited by mizapf
I'm always getting these blank line after each line in code.

8 hours ago, mizapf said:

I suppose your right arrow key works in general. You can check whether something was reconfigured in the user interface: Go to the OSD, "Input (general)" → "User Interface". There you should the attached screen. You can redefine "UI Right" by selecting it, pressing Del to remove the current mapping, Return to define a new one.

Also, you can edit the cfg/ti99_4a.cfg file (or ti99_4ae for the European version):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- This file is autogenerated; comments and unknown tags will be stripped -->
<mameconfig version="10">
    <system name="ti99_4ae">
        <input>
            <port tag=":ioport:peb:slot7:ide:MODE" type="DIPSWITCH" mask="3" defvalue="0" value="2" />
       </input>
   </system>
</mameconfig>

(change the slot according to your configuration)

osd1.png