IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Weeks 12/13/14 ~ Homebrew Weeks

Vocelli

Although there are NO bonus points for best tips (contrary to the OLD 2600 HSC Seasons organized by the moderator Ze_ro), you are encouraged to provide winning tips for those who are not familiar with Reindeer Rescue. In Stay Frosty 2 contest for 2018 Homebrew Tournament, I provided tips for better scores.

I'm sure he would be only too happy to offer tips, if anyone politely asked him for some.

Gingerbread Man - 21,255

https://youtu.be/F43c8vzpfAQ

ToyShop Trouble - 19,128

https://youtu.be/rgcSAQibdWg

Reindeer Rescue - 113,350

https://youtu.be/Z_gZ8bk6jIk

Great post.

@Vocelli

Would it be worth considering giving bonus points for scores with accompanying videos in the future?

Not only is it the ultimate proof of score (not that its really needed) but more importantly, it gives tips for people who are struggling to get to grips with said game.

Not exactly sure how you could work it. Maybe +2 bonus points for all scores with videos, or maybe just for scores with videos that end up in the top 3 places or something like that? Might encourage the top players to share their strategies and help others.

There would probably be a few people who say its not possible for them to capture video etc but I think its still worth considering. I often see some of the top scores and think how the hell did they achieve that - I wish they recorded it!

Edited by Jonesyy
  • Like 2

Finally got around to trying the games for this round! My favorite of the bunch was Toyshop Trouble, it's just such a simple and straightforward but really challenging and well designed game. Second place for me was Reindeer Rescue, which played really well too and was a lot of fun but got a little frustrating by the third level. In last was Gingerbread Man, because even after many many tries I just couldn't figure out how to collect all the balloons in the second level so I just gave up on it. Anyhoo, scores…

Gingerbread Man (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 2,360

E5cRl3w.jpg

Reindeer Rescue (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 30,200

6tVCpBz.jpg

Toyshop Trouble (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 7,851

JHPL55N.jpg