IGNORED

Tower of Rubble (2600, DionoiD)

Dionoid

2 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

You have many talents.

Well... I found that desktop publishing is harder than I thought ?

With new things, I usually think: "how hard can it be?". Sometimes it turns out to be easy, but in this case it wasn't, and I spent a lot of time learning new tools.

• Haha 1

Dave Dries strikes again!  His artwork always makes a game a must-have for me.  This is a fun and very well done game game, but that artwork absolutely solidifies a space for it in my cartridge collection.

Hopefully, we see several new games added to the store soon.  Perhaps that could be one silver lining to PRGE being cancelled this year??? @Albert maybe has more time to prepare new games for sale rather than preparing for the Expo?  ?

Edited by KevinMos3

3 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Hopefully, we see several new games added to the store soon.  Perhaps that could be one silver lining to PRGE being cancelled this year??? @Albert maybe has more time to prepare new games for sale rather than preparing for the Expo?

Yes, current plans are for Tower of Rubble and several other games to hit the store in July.

..Al

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

We get an EXCLUSIVE look and will be playing the final retail binary of Tower of Rubble on tomorrow's (Sun Jun 21) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Albert said:

Time to share the box for Tower of Rubble!  @DaveD created the wonderful artwork that graces the box, manual and label, and @Nathan Strum was responsible for the box layout.  Coming soon to the AtariAge Store!

Wow, what a great cover!! The zoomed in rock face of the Tower on the back of the box is incredibly menacing!! ANOTHER insta-buy in the box for me!

- James

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Man, I'm going to need a defibrillator for my wallet with all these games!  ?

Me too! 

@Albert How does this year compare to previous years. Seems like there are quite a few homebrews coming out this September. You might have needed more space at PRGE. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yay, my second '2600 game is released on actual cartridge!! 

I'm very happy with how this game panned out, also with the amazing label and box artwork by Dave Dries!

And many thanks to Al for all the work he has done to bring this game to the AtariAge store.

To give people an idea about the final game, I've just uploaded a feature-limited demo ROM to the original post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dionoid said:

I'm very happy with how this game panned out, also with the amazing label and box artwork by Dave Dries!

And many thanks to Al for all the work he has done to bring this game to the AtariAge store.

To give people an idea about the final game, I've just uploaded a feature-limited demo ROM to the original post.

Very Good!

My demo score.

20210104_023455(1).jpg

12 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

20210104_023455(1).jpg

Great to see the color-blending in action on a real CRT monitor. The colors of the tower blocks are shades of petrol; a color which isn't available in the '2600 default color palette. These 'in-between' colors where generated by alternating the chrominance (color) each scanline, while keeping the same luminance (brightness); a CRT will blend this into a new color.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:44 AM, Dionoid said:

@Dionoid Would you like to add PlusROM high score sending to the demo ROM?

Amoeba Jump is with more than 2000 scores and 69 players the most popular game in the PlusROM High Score Club:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/index.php?page_sort=2

and (currently) the second popular ROM in the PlusStore public downloads:

https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/statistics.php?stat_id=1

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@Dionoid Would you like to add PlusROM high score sending to the demo ROM?

Amoeba Jump is with more than 2000 scores and 69 players the most popular game in the PlusROM High Score Club:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/index.php?page_sort=2

and (currently) the second popular ROM in the PlusStore public downloads:

https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/statistics.php?stat_id=1

Great to see Amoeba Jump doing well in the PlusROM high score club!

However I'm not planning to create a PlusROM version for Tower of Rubble - at least not this year. The game just became available in the AtariAge store, so I'd like Al to have an opportunity to recoup his investments on the printed boxes and manuals.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Prizrak said:

These are the one from the PlusCart repository. Didn't know if you were NTSC or PAL. I think v1.1 is the final version that was made public before the final.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/604e0dda6e4ae/TOR.zip

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks! If v1.1 was indeed the pre-final version, then I would hope any differences would be minimal.

6 hours ago, Prizrak said:

These are the one from the PlusCart repository. Didn't know if you were NTSC or PAL. I think v1.1 is the final version that was made public before the final.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/604e0dda6e4ae/TOR.zip

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh well. Just tested it on my R77 with the latest community build. The primary control for the v1.1 NTSC file doesn't seem to work. I mean, it's a joystick with a single button so I'm pretty sure I tried everything there is to get it working, but no luck. lol

The guy just won't grab the ledge next to him. He keeps bouncing off.

13 hours ago, WishItWas1984 said:

Will "Tower of Rubble" be made available for digital release as a ROM for R77/Stella?

There is a demo ROM (downloadable from the original post) which has some limitations, but is fully playable. 

If you want the full experience (cartridge with all features, savekey support, manual, box), you're going to have to buy a copy from the AtariAge store.

Note that Tower of Rubble uses F8 bank switching, so the cartridge is supported on a Retron77.

Maybe at a later stage I can release the rom through itch.io. I don't expect many people wanting to pay for a digital-only full version, but it doesn't hurt trying this out.

4 hours ago, WishItWas1984 said:

Thanks! If v1.1 was indeed the pre-final version, then I would hope any differences would be minimal.

The release version is different from this v1.1 version: different colors, slightly changed graphics and some minor fixes.

2 hours ago, WishItWas1984 said:

The guy just won't grab the ledge next to him. He keeps bouncing off.

That shouldn't happen; do you get the same results when playing on a PC using Stella?

Edited by Dionoid