IGNORED

Finally installed my F18

LASooner

Now that I have a little time off, I've had some time to tinker and finally got around to installing our favorite little video upgrade, I had purchased some months back. After inadvertently destroying the VGA cable, I found a suitable replacement and got it up and running. I loved running all the F18 enabled demos and games. I have tried many of them before on the emulator but to see that graphic quality running on real hardware, was really amazing. I showed my dad who came for Christmas, he couldn't believe it was a TI doing all those things.

I wondered whether the TI would have been bigger than it was, had a video upgrade like that existed back in the day. That said, I don't know if I would have had one, because my Dad got 2 for $100 when TI was clearing them out. One for him and one for me. It was the only reason I got a computer at the time. Otherwise I might be hanging out on the Timex Sinclair ZX1 forum. :-)

I tried F18 in the default setting at first, but ultimately I turned on the scan lines simulation. Everything just feels right in this mode. I do the same thing with Classic99

Anyone else use their F18 with the scanlines?

• Like 3