IGNORED

Atari Invasion 2k19

SenorRossie

Season greetings!

The preparations for the 4th annual 'Atari Invasion' of the HCC Commodore Club meeting are in full swing. As we send out updates to the crew, the Invasion plans take shape: celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Atari 8-bit homecomputers will be our main focus.

46337003781_c2f279ea81_b.jpg
AI2k19-Flyer by Atari Invasion, on Flickr

Without spoiling too much details, here are some of the ideas we have for the Invasion:

The museum rack and display cabinet will be there as usual. We will take you on a trip through time, with our 'eXperience Locations'. We will have online, multi-platform, multi-user events. Not just the info-beamer screens will show moving pictures and information: our own E.R.I.C. - if time permits - will have a spot amongst Atari 8-bit home computers performing tricks they were never designed for. Ofcourse we will make sure that there is still plenty of space available to play games on Atari computers and emulators.

Want to join in on the fun as part of the crew, let us known. If you just want to take a look around, we will be in 'het Trefpunt' all day on february 16 2019. Doors open at 10.00 and close at 16.00.

See you there!
The Atari Invasion team

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Since I live in Belgium, will make the trip , excited to finally go to an Atari event nearby.

That's good to hear! The C64 club, where we as Atarians are guests, have visitors from Belgium, Germany and even the UK quite regularly.

And we as the Atari Invasion had guests from Israel, the infamous Nir Dary ;) Twice, IIRC. Last time with family :)

Looking forward to meeting new "8-bit people" this year. You, Lamer Deluxe is planning to come, and of course we are all there (Senor Rossie, Mr. Atari, F#Ready, Robbert, IvoC, Francis and me (IvoP)) and maybe Level42? :D

Edited by ivop
  • Like 2

Another quick question, I currently own 4 130XE's.

1 Boxed with no mods and working

1 with a fixed GTIA trace and Sophia DVI installed

1 broken with parts removed which I keep as a spare for parts only

1 which doesn't work, the keyboard was seriously rusty and looks beyond repair, but even with a working keyboard and SysCheck I'm unable to trace the issue.

Could I bring it so someone could determine if it's worth the repair ? Is there anybody present who does repairs ( not on the actual event but then I could drop it off instead of shipping it ) ?

All,

With only six days before our invasion, a quick reminder for the Dutch crowd and all interested in joining in on the fun...

For those unable to attend, there are plans to live stream the event, but at the very least our time-lapse camera will document the event. Pictures and videos will be posted on our FlickR space and announced here and on our website.

Although we've experienced that plans do change, even at the last minute, here's what we think will be there:

• Museum Rack (4 shelves of Atari 8-bit hardware)
  • Display Cabinet (filled with home brew and other goodies)
  • Demo Scene area (30y celebration of 'The Big Demo')
  • (Online-) Gaming area (8bit-slicks competition)
  • Modern area (FPGA, Emulation, etc)
  • Atari eXperience Locations
    • CX481 (The Entertainer)
    • PLATO demonstration

As always, the info-beamer presentation has been updated with new content, there will be plenty of friendly Invaders on-site and Atari stuff everywhere you look.

We hope to see you there or online in either the 8-bit slicks competition or on iratA.
The Atari Invasion team

• Like 5

All,

With only six days before our invasion, a quick reminder for the Dutch crowd and all interested in joining in on the fun...

For those unable to attend, there are plans to live stream the event, but at the very least our time-lapse camera will document the event. Pictures and videos will be posted on our FlickR space and announced here and on our website.

Although we've experienced that plans do change, even at the last minute, here's what we think will be there:

• Museum Rack (4 shelves of Atari 8-bit hardware)
  • Display Cabinet (filled with home brew and other goodies)
  • Demo Scene area (30y celebration of 'The Big Demo')
  • (Online-) Gaming area (8bit-slicks competition)
  • Modern area (FPGA, Emulation, etc)
  • Atari eXperience Locations
    • CX481 (The Entertainer)
    • PLATO demonstration

As always, the info-beamer presentation has been updated with new content, there will be plenty of friendly Invaders on-site and Atari stuff everywhere you look.

We hope to see you there or online in either the 8-bit slicks competition or on iratA.

The Atari Invasion team

Please post a lot of pictures for those of us on the opposite side of the globe (or plate if that's your thing :grin: )

• Like 3

I really enjoyed it. The two Lynx II units I brought became part of the exposition. It was the first time seeing some of the exotic Atari and Commodore hardware. Had lots of interesting conversations with people there and really enjoyed the dinner afterwards.

I made a few photo's, nothing really special, some in 3D, I will post them tomorrow.

• Like 2

Good morning,

Yesterday morning at approx. 8.45 (CET) the first invaders arrived at 'het Trefpunt'. We had less inventory than previous invasions, partly due to this years theme '40 years of 8-bit fun', but several cars full of invaders and their equipment nonetheless. We lost one of our own due to change in work schedule and two others were to arrive later. The ones that were on the scene started unpacking and soon there were Atari 8-bits, pc's and a C64 all over the place.

The rack was transformed into a mini 8-bit timeline, next to it were some boxed and loose peripherals. IvoP found a spot to show his MIDI Muse prototype and the Invitro he created for NYD2019. On the other side of the rack Robbert had setup 3 screens to run the 8bit-slicks competition on. We were unable to obtain a dragoncart, so the C64 with RRnet card competed against a Laptop running Altirra and a Latte Panda SoC running - what else - Altirra. Everything was connectd to a 4G router so the competition would not be handicaped by the sometimes slow WiFi network. On the last table F#Ready showed off recent demos on real hardware and next to him MrAtari had setup his 800XL with WiFi SIO modem and connected to the irata PLATO environment. The display cabinet was filled with homebrew and classic hardware. Flyers, folders and bussiness cards were divided over the invasion space. IvoC and Francis brought some freshly printed posters besides more hardware.

Our info-beamer screens showed demoscene and promotional videos and several Atari related images. And the A0 sized posters were put up for all to see. We met with several guests like Fred_M and Lamer Deluxe who later joined us at the After Party diner. Unfortunately the pi0 driven cameras were not sturdy as the fell face forward several times during the event. The live-stream failed miserably and we still need to go through the timelapse data, perhaps we can salvage some pictures from it.

Even though there were some set backs, we believe the invasion was once again a success. We would like to thank 8bit dude for the extra support with his great party game 8bit-slicks, tschak909 for all his work on irata and clients and ofcourse the Commodore Club for providing us with plenty of space.

For all pictures, check our flickr space...

31658889167_7c78ee83d1_n.jpg

Promotional picture used on one of 3" LCD screens

40152017913_befa447e4a_n.jpg

The Invaders (and friends)

33241285398_4baa7bd0c9_n.jpg

Mr. Atari demonstrating PLATO

33241283528_7e4f1a83ef_n.jpg

The museum rack 8-bit timeline

47064455202_7f63873ee5_n.jpg

Homebrew and classic peripherals/carts

Edited by SenorRossie
  • Like 4

I came down with the flu last night so I wont be able to

make it.

Was really looking forward to it, stupid illness

Sorry to hear that.

Most of us are at the same location during the regular HCC Commodore sig meetings (every 3rd saturday of the even months) feel free to drop by during one of those. You will notice a few guys with only Atari gear amongst the c64, amiga, spectrum and msx users: That would be us :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that.

Most of us are at the same location during the regular HCC Commodore sig meetings (every 3rd saturday of the even months) feel free to drop by during one of those. You will notice a few guys with only Atari gear amongst the c64, amiga, spectrum and msx users: That would be us :)

I'm going to come by in April then, 3rd Saturday that's the 20th of April ( right before Easter ) ?