IGNORED

wiMODEM 232 w/OLED. Anyone hear of it?

ACML

It's been improved over some of the original stuff, as it has hardware flow control and states for use on any computer. Not fond of the update method though.. runs back to mommy for updates, I'd like control over that sort of thing.. Looks good as I read. Little high in price. I wonder what the oled splash screen looks like... can you select your own splash or wall paper?

• 1 month later...

Not hardly. The WiModem232 is my own hardware design and my own firmware, written from scratch. In order to make the communications truly asynchronous (so file transfers work perfectly) I also had to re-write part of the ESP8266 library. There are literally hundreds of hours into the WiModem/WiModem232 coding to make it 100% fully Hayes compliant. This is why people can (and do) use it for running a BBS. You might also want to note the timeline in history. The WiModem for the C64 came out years ago, long before other solutions started appearing. The WiModem and WiModem232 are commercial products with lifetime warranties.

• Like 1