IGNORED

Did you get anything Atari for Xmas? (a bit early but give it time)

Mclaneinc

Is that an original vintage item? Serious question :)

I didn't even think about it until you asked, I just assumed it's an unofficial 3rd party item and no clue if it was vintage, but I took a closer look and noticed some fine-print under the Atari Fuji and name: It's copyright 2009 Atari Interactive.

post-149-0-45255400-1545790804_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-44097500-1545790820_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A C64 Mini is OK and related, there's now a C64 Version with real keyboard coming from the same people, seems the moans about no working keyboard by many folks worked :)

Good for them...

The functional keyboard was in plain stated in the original kickstarter (or -like) web page. The fully functional keyboard and even a handheld C64 were planned after the the original c64 mini.

Anyway Walmart and Amazon now have the c64 Mini for $49.99! Wow I just could not resist at that great price and just ordered one.

Edited by thetick1

A C64 Mini is OK and related, there's now a C64 Version with real keyboard coming from the same people, seems the moans about no working keyboard by many folks worked :)

Good for them...

One kind of cool thing about the C64 Mini is that, even though the keyboard is just for looks, you can plug in a USB keyboard. I also like that you can add programs/games to it. It’s still emulation, but a kind of a cool overall package. [emoji846]

Your wife is all things Atari? Interesting woman...no need for Atari gifts because your wife is all of them...I'm guessing maybe you forgot the word 'hate" or similar in there?

One of many reasons I remained a bachelor...no woman will ever tell me what I can or can't own, like, use, have as a hobby or otherwise. I never found a woman who didn't want to change me and my life. I'm who I am because I like me, and I live how I want.

They are out there keep looking. 50 is not too late! Mine is very tolerant and helps me collect hardware. She isn't very interested but she loves to see me happy. She did enjoy Lemonade Stand in BASIC on their school's 800 long before we met.

I got an XEGS (my 2nd) recently for $60. Considering it a Christmas gift to myself. Came with the keyboard; lightgun; Atari's grey joystick; FSim 2 and Blue Max grey carts. It mostly works but _sometimes_ it powers on to a corrupted text-filled screen or fails to boot and sits at blue screen with cursor but no READY. Not sure why. Condition is otherwise very good.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

They are out there keep looking. 50 is not too late! Mine is very tolerant and helps me collect hardware. She isn't very interested but she loves to see me happy. She did enjoy Lemonade Stand in BASIC on their school's 800 long before we met.

I got an XEGS (my 2nd) recently for $60. Considering it a Christmas gift to myself. Came with the keyboard; lightgun; Atari's grey joystick; FSim 2 and Blue Max grey carts. It mostly works but _sometimes_ it powers on to a corrupted text-filled screen or fails to boot and sits at blue screen with cursor but no READY. Not sure why. Condition is otherwise very good.

Merry Christmas.

Yes, I agree, 50 is not too late for a relationship or marriage, but I wouldn't want to start a family at my age, and I still have to meet her, date her, and if it works out and we are both sure, then get married. So the clock is still ticking and I'll be even older. I could see adopting and older child though, maybe around 10 years of age. But I do believe in marriage and won't live with a woman out of wedlock, however that does not mean I believe in remaining abstinent with her until we are married. But, it's also difficult for me to have a social life when I have an elderly mother I care for, and can't be left alone for long, especially overnight, and is very religious and would have a heart attack if I brought a woman home for the night. I was the sibling chosen to take her in specifically because I am the only single one without a family and plenty of room.

I've become resigned to being single though and I'm not sure I feel like getting into and maintaining a relationship, I at least know it takes a lot of time and work, and I'm not sure I'm up to that at my age after being a bachelor all my life. It's been 3 years now since my mother moved in since I've even been with a woman. No erectile dysfunction though just motherly dysfunction.

Anyhow, back on topic and I probably went on longer about my life than anyone cares anyway...sorry.

So yeah, that XEGS counts, it's been over a month since I was given my 800, 810, etc., and it wasn't given as a Christmas gift necessarily, I just consider it one because I did get it during the Christmas present buying season. When I was thanking them for it I referred to it as an early Christmas present.

I've been considering an XEGS myself lately, just to use with The!Cart and treat it like a console in the game room with the other consoles and play it on my projector. But I always disliked the "Miami Vice" pastel buttons, even back when it was released, pastels were already going out of style and Miami Vice was long since canceled.I'm thinking of just custom painting the whole thing black to match the rest of my consoles that are black or dark gray. I won't worry about getting the XEGS, the XEGM without a keyboard would be good enough for my intentions, it depends on the price difference.

Well, I just noticed it's after midnight where I am, so off to bed for me, and since Christmas is over, Happy New Year to everyone!

• Like 1

The functional keyboard was in plain stated in the original kickstarter (or -like) web page. The fully functional keyboard and even a handheld C64 were planned after the the original c64 mini.

Anyway Walmart and Amazon now have the c64 Mini for $49.99! Wow I just could not resist at that great price and just ordered one.

@you and Grover..

I own a Breadbin and a C64C with 1541 Ultimate II+ cart but I did look at the mini series of machines and the C64 did appeal BUT can't really justify it, the only mini I didn't like was the PSX, what a chronic set of games it comes with, the Nes, Snes and Mostly the C64 have an onboard set of really good games and with the ability to hack and add stuff is nice but as an out of the box mini the PSX one sucks badly..So many great easy to license titles Sony could have used.

One of my younger brothers made me a custom 2ft x 3ft Alternate Reality poster, tracked down Gary and got it signed (Philip proved too elusive to track).

Also, apparently, there is a tavern I missed where they sing a song about my brothers and I (provided as a MP4 video). This all brings a tear to my eye after spending so much time in the City in my youth.

post-4566-0-34806100-1545830589_thumb.jpeg
post-4566-0-13400800-1545830622_thumb.jpeg

Now to get it framed and hung...

• Like 2

Careful folks, you never know who is standing behind you reading your screen... :)

Death by nagging is a terrible way to go!!

Not guilty, besides, I'm greatly outnumbered, lol Anyways, we're not all controlling, unless I need kick a fool off my 360. ;)

I got myself some 8MB flashcarts for my XEGS (with cute buttons :P ) as my holiday treat from Atarimax. I like the menu system a bit better than Unocart as I can still use them with the keyboard off. Unocart needs the arrow keys. Managed to get round 60-70 games on each of the 5, so that covers my faves easily. They also seem serviceable if I needed to replace chips.

post-25215-0-84055300-1545837291_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon
  • Like 5

One of my younger brothers made me a custom 2ft x 3ft Alternate Reality poster, tracked down Gary and got it signed (Philip proved too elusive to track).

Also, apparently, there is a tavern I missed where they sing a song about my brothers and I (provided as a MP4 video). This all brings a tear to my eye after spending so much time in the City in my youth.

Beyond impressed! I wonder if Gary would be interested in being interviewed for the ANTIC podcast. Maybe your brothers could share his contact info with Kevin Savetz?

@you and Grover..

I own a Breadbin and a C64C with 1541 Ultimate II+ cart but I did look at the mini series of machines and the C64 did appeal BUT can't really justify it, the only mini I didn't like was the PSX, what a chronic set of games it comes with, the Nes, Snes and Mostly the C64 have an onboard set of really good games and with the ability to hack and add stuff is nice but as an out of the box mini the PSX one sucks badly..So many great easy to license titles Sony could have used.

I bought c64 mini for the cute little package and the extra joystick. I have 2 functional C64 and an SD2IEC ( and a 1541 that's not working and I'm too lazy to debug/fix it).

I also order the PS Classic for the cute little box. The emulator sucks and years down the road I will likely replace the internals with Raspberry Pie/Retro Pie. .. though being a really cheap ass I canceled my PS classic as it's $20 cheaper now and Amazon no longer credits price drops!!. I will likely reorder it when it stabilizes likely below $50.

Edited by thetick1