IGNORED

reBOOTed - Atari Jaguar Game Compilation - Coming in 2019!

Albert

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Machine said:

This has to be one of the "funnest" game compilations to ever be released!

Based on pure fun, most of these titles could be a stand alone release.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these stand alone releases at some point?

Anyway, your point still stands. Ha!

9 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these stand alone releases at some point?

Anyway, your point still stands. Ha!

Not all of them had a physical release, some in very limited quantities. All the titles have been given updates and re-work, and a few (Like Kobayashi Maru: Redux and Rocketeer: Rebooted) have undergone substantial upgrades, adding new features and new levels.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

So far I rank them like this, with the best at the top:

Rocketeer

Beebris

Downfall

Kobayashi Maru

Rocks Off

HMS Raptor

Expressway

To be fair, I've put only a few minutes into Expressway, and maybe just a half hour into HMS Raptor.  I haven't bothered reading the manual yet, so there could very well be some gameplay elements to some of the games that I haven't blindly stumbled across yet.

I'm also curious to know what the "And More..." on the rear side of the box refers to.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

So far I rank them like this, with the best at the top:

I'm also curious to know what the "And More..." on the rear side of the box refers to.

I do believe that refers to the ability to use the cart to play unlicenced jagcd games and stuff but maybe they have some hidden stuff who knows lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Got scores posted for Downfall OG+ and Kobayashi Maru Redux. I am my own worst enemy at Downfall and after a couple great games found myself chronically unable to get over 1000 points. I guess my neurons need time to absorb it.

94F28B38-733A-4B7E-BBF1-49924DD85707.thumb.jpeg.a1c16e5febf5552b765fb0fe9914d472.jpeg

The earth is flat... I mean your TV is flat! :D

• Haha 1

It's a Trinitron that has seen better days. My dad used it as our Atari ST monitor before I got a dedicated Atari monitor. The beam loses collimation every now and again and the screen goes dead. Pause buttons are very helpful for that situation ?

It does have a nice, detailed picture and mainly struggles with red. (Kobayashi Maru is really something to see.) One of these days I'm going to get it repaired before TV repair shops completely vanish...

19 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

BA3057BA-931D-46A4-AF43-381398BF0B3E.thumb.jpeg.d4afa98744ba25f2910808d7d388fedf.jpeg

#2 on the Beebris arcade board! Man, that is a catchy piece of music. I could... and did... listen to that for hours.

Truth.  I've had that tune running through my head for almost a week now.  It's absolutely great, and I'm surprised that so far you're the only other person to mention it here.  It also takes a minute or two or more to repeat, so it doesn't get old so quickly.

• Like 4

There is currently a Last Strike competition running to win a special canvas print of the Last Strike artwork. After the current Jaguar HSC round ends there will be a shorter reBOOTed round to win a canvas print of the reBOOTed artwork. Both works were created by the amazing William Thorup.

As with the Last Strike competition, for the reBOOTed competition, scores will only be accepted from valid AtariAge handles submitted from the reBOOTed versions of the games (validated via the Reboot website)

image.thumb.png.6c73687316f2cd32946fc25dddbdf5b2.png

*Note, there is an AtariAge logo on the competition prize prints, these are my personal ones that hang proudly on my wall!

A lof of times new homebrews are released with "get them here" because, well, duh, please buy our games, we spend a lot of time making them..... but why not engage with the community more after the releases? This is my way of saying "thank you" to the Jaguar fan base for supporting these games and the other titles I've released over the years.  You guys are great, keep dispelling the toxic Jaguar community myth and continue to PUSH THE BUTTONS.

Anyway, Game on!

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

What AtariAge postcards are there for Rocketeer, @Albert and/or @CyranoJ? With my latest AA order I am up to five different postcards (Jungle, Cavern, Crashed Ice, Asteroid, and Space Port) and I would love to complete the set!

715D35BA-88FC-4915-BB39-5E7F9E6BA7A9.thumb.jpeg.bca69d7443093e502dfa8d2276163b30.jpeg

I also have an extra Asteroid if anyone needs one. Particularly somebody willing to trade one I don’t have :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

What AtariAge postcards are there for Rocketeer, @Albert and/or @CyranoJ? With my latest AA order I am up to five different postcards (Jungle, Cavern, Crashed Ice, Asteroid, and Space Port) and I would love to complete the set!

715D35BA-88FC-4915-BB39-5E7F9E6BA7A9.thumb.jpeg.bca69d7443093e502dfa8d2276163b30.jpeg

I also have an extra Asteroid if anyone needs one. Particularly somebody willing to trade one I don’t have :D

There are 8 backgrounds/intermission screens in Rocketeer, so "Sky Valley" (level 7) and "Asteroid" (level3) are  missing. 

• Like 1