IGNORED

Robotron 2084 or Space Dungeon

adamchevy

I always start thinking about the possibilities of systems I get back in to. Could the Intellivision handle either one of these excellent games? Not that the controllers are conducive exactly, but moving in 16 directions would be pretty nice for either game. Is their a game similar on the Intellivision?

Edited by adamchevy

Dual disc control with 16 direction fire would be great for these games.

Robotron would be tough because of the number of moving objects. You'd have to use some clever background tile animation for the enemy objects. There'd still be some compromises. Maybe you could get away with eight moving objects with Space Dungeon and animate your fire with background tiles. Might be best to make a more intellivision unique game with a similar control scheme.

• Like 1

Hockey Robots of Death had 16 robots on screen at once (I could have done more, but the screen felt cramped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIj5lgdvulc

Here's an example in Intybasic:

attachicon.gifrobots.gif

The robots can't overlap, so it's not really like Robotron. But it might give you some ideas...

Catsfolly

That looks like a good starting point. It’s good to know it can handle this many objects at once. I would really like to see some sort of 16 direction game that uses a coupler of some kind for the controllers. I’m not sure they make a 16 directional joystick. I guess you could go analog? But that would limit how many people could play.

Dual disc control with 16 direction fire would be great for these games.

Robotron would be tough because of the number of moving objects. You'd have to use some clever background tile animation for the enemy objects. There'd still be some compromises. Maybe you could get away with eight moving objects with Space Dungeon and animate your fire with background tiles. Might be best to make a more intellivision unique game with a similar control scheme.

I think a Space Dungeon style game would be more realistic and fun to program because you could use bigger sprites.