IGNORED

Rom Hunter's V15 Old Era ROMs Collection Now Online!

Rom Hunter

...same here. When I double click the .rar file, the unpacker (and I've tried 3 different versions on my Mac) seems to do nothing. Maybe creates an empty folder, but that's it.

Can't say I've had real good luck with compression schemes like this lately. Is there a simple .zip file to download instead?

I also had trouble unpacking on my Mac using RAR Extractor, but it did extract when I tried using Dr. Unarchiver.

Edit: I would also suggest using .zip to archive in the future :)

Edited by glazball
  • Like 4

I also had trouble unpacking on my Mac using RAR Extractor, but it did extract when I tried using Dr. Unarchiver.

Edit: I would also suggest using .zip to archive in the future :)

I can't seem to find a simple download of Dr. Unarchiver anywhere. Google search brings up all these pages, but each overly cluttered one looks the same, with phony download links that take you nowhere/similarly cluttered pages, or worse yet - open up the App Store and says Dr. Unarchiver doesn't exist. I tried both Dr. and Doctor. Neither exist at the App store. Anyway, finally found a program that unzipped it: Keka, to the rescue! lol

So yeah, decompress the goofy .rar file and what's in there? Zip files that need to be unzipped next. :ponder: :dunce: :lol:

Thanks for these RH!

BTW: just a heads up, a super quick look at the archive and HES' My Golf still isn't in the NTSC version of PAL originals folder and the only version of it under HES contains the PAL game. Or is that what the [fixed] version is? Fixed = NTSC?

-edit-

Nope, Fixed does not mean NTSC. :lol:

Thomas converted My Golf a while ago. Same with Ghostbusters II and Acid Drop, Wing War, etc. Surprised they're not included in this archive.

Probably more to be found here if people are looking to fill some of the gaps:

http://atariage.com/software_conversions.php

BTW: just a heads up, a super quick look at the archive and HES' My Golf still isn't in the NTSC version of PAL originals folder and the only version of it under HES contains the PAL game. Or is that what the [fixed] version is? Fixed = NTSC?

-edit-

Nope, Fixed does not mean NTSC. :lol:

Thomas converted My Golf a while ago. Same with Ghostbusters II and Acid Drop, Wing War, etc. Surprised they're not included in this archive.

Probably more to be found here if people are looking to fill some of the gaps:

http://atariage.com/software_conversions.php

The reason there isn't a NTSC version of My Golf is because there is no 1977-1992 NTSC version of My Golf.

That's also the reason why there aren't any post 1992 conversions, hacks or homebrews in my collection.

And the reason why it's called Old Era collection.

V16 will be a .zip file.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Btw: curious what the 'fixed' versions of many of the games are in your ROM collection? Usually accompanied by a regular .bin too.

These were officially released fixed versions from back in the day.

In most cases the fix is described between the [ ]

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter