IGNORED

Inventory Manager on the TI

pjduplooy

Guys

Seeing that my memory is failing, I would like your help on this one.

When I had my TI, I used it a bit to create an inventory of my dad's LP records and tapes. I can not remember if this was on a module, or a program on tape. For some or other reason I think you could do it on TE II. I do not know why.

If I can recall you had a limited number of records, and you had to save it to tape before you could enter in more records.

It was almost like a database. If I recall correctly, it was not a main program but rather some submenu somewhere.

Except for some game carts, I had TE II and Minimem. And I did not buy programs on tape.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

I'm assuming that you also didn't have expansion memory or otherwise, so my best guess would be Mini Memory. However, I was not a big user or developer of Mini Memory programs even though I have 3 Mini Memory Modules. I also have a lot of cassette tapes that include some for MMM, that if I had the time I could search through for one capable of satisfying your request. Sorry, not any time soon.

You can use one of four (4) programs:

Two (2) of the XB database programs are:

1.) IS-BASE (a relational database program)

2.) VECTOR BASE (a reasonable database program)

Two (2) of the XB spreadsheet programs are:

1.) SNAPCALC (a small spreadsheet program)

2.) VECTOR CALC (a reasonable spreadsheet program)

to keep track of the items that you want, like a record collection.

They are found on the TI-OFFICE1 & TI-OFFICE2 Disks!

* IS-BASE * - COPYRIGHT 1987 HOME COMPUTING JOURNAL VERSION 3.0 - TI EXTENDED BASIC

* VECTOR BASE * VERSION 1.00 - is a software package available on disk and is for systems with EXTENDED BASIC, 32K MEMORY EXPANSION, RS-232, AND A PRINTER.

* SNAP-CALC * BY Gary Strauss HOME COMPUTER MAGAZINE VERSION 4.3.4 - TI EXTENDED BASIC
* VECTOR CALC * VERSION 1.00 is a software package available on disk and is for systems with EXTENDED BASIC, 32K MEMORY EXPANSION, RS-232, and a PRINTER.

Edited by ewbray

There is an "Oldie but Goodie" spreadsheet program from the early 1980s - TI99/4A Calc - that only needs TI Basic on a barebone console & a cassette player/recorder that can also be used to keep an inventory of a vinyl record collection!

Here is the program & its documentation in .pdf format:

4A-CALC.pdf

TI-994A Calc.pdf

Edited by ewbray