IGNORED

Adaptors for db9 computers?

256 colors

Does anybody know of good working PSX 1/2/3 adaptors to db9 ports

I want to programme and map buttons for my other 8 bit systems like 800XL/C64/MSX2 etc

This is pad i want to use http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/Dual_Trigger_3-in-1.pdf

Edited by 256 colors
  • Like 1

I will do some testing when i get this adapter https://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-Cyclone-RX-Playstation-Joystick-Gamepad-Adapter-for-Commodore-C64-C128/122383685056?hash=item1c7ea2d5c0:g:55oAAOSwOgdYwZ4Z:rk:10:pf:0

Stupid C64 games want joystick up for jump or another function you notice we don't have to deal with crap on Atari

Edited by 256 colors

Any such adaptor which works on C64 should be fine for us as C64 has less capable joystick ports at least insofar as they don't do output (that goes to keyboard).

I would expect digital support only - in theory they could use D->A converters to give us paddle values from the analog sticks but I suspect not. And they'd be of questionable value anyway since it's such a short throw, there'd be a total lack of precision in control since you have about an inch of stick travel vs about 1.5 turns of a rotary controller.

• Like 1

as C64 has less capable joystick ports at least insofar as they don't do output (that goes to keyboard).

I don't think that this is true. For port #2 at least. In the 80ies I had built an C64-Atari connection cable to transfer data btw. them. This cable connected via joystick ports (one on each system). I have lost in the meanwhile the cable, the wiring diagram, and the source code to one side (C64 prog or Atari prog, I don't know right now).

regards,

chris

• Like 1

I don't think that this is true. For port #2 at least. In the 80ies I had built an C64-Atari connection cable to transfer data btw. them. This cable connected via joystick ports (one on each system). I have lost in the meanwhile the cable, the wiring diagram, and the source code to one side (C64 prog or Atari prog, I don't know right now).

That's right. I used to think the same as Rybags, which was even told to me by a C64 user at a meeting, but I was corrected a few moons ago. It does indeed also go to the keyboard, but if you keep your hands of it, it can be used for ouput to the joystick port.

• 2 months later...