IGNORED

Competition Pro Button swaper

tripletopper

I have a Competition Pro Joystick for the 5200. And I notice the "main" bottom button is on the left side, and the secondary, to button is on the right.

I have a couple of friends who might prefer to pay left handed. Also I don’t know if 15-Pin PC connectors have the trigger or thumb as the main button.

I assume both of those cases are taken care of with the same type of button flipper. Some systems may have single pin button mapping, some may not. Is the 5200 one of those systems that can work with a button flipping adapter?

If so, may I purchase one from someone?

it would be easy to make a button flipper switch just need a double pole double throw switch a couple plugs you just pass through everything and on the switch you take the outer 4 contacts and criss cross them

I was thinking more of along the lines of not doing "Surgery" on the original, and instead a pin-swap adapter on the Competition Pro, if it’s as easy as swapping the bottom button pin and the top button pin, with all other pins run straight through and those 2 pins get swapped in a M->F Swap adapter. I’d like to buy one. it’s easier to put on and take off a glove than to restore the original to the original condition. So I’d like one button swap adapter if that’s possible, and another 15-Pin PC -> 5200 Y adapter.

I was originally going to buy 2 Bohoki 15-pin PC-> 5200 adapters, but you only had one. Have you made more yet? Since I was denied a second one, when you make some more, I’d like a button swap adapter with it too, paid for at a price you name, and I either accept or reject.

I was thinking more of along the lines of not doing "Surgery" on the original, and instead a pin-swap adapter on the Competition Pro, if it’s as easy as swapping the bottom button pin and the top button pin, with all other pins run straight through and those 2 pins get swapped in a M->F Swap adapter. I’d like to buy one. it’s easier to put on and take off a glove than to restore the original to the original condition. So I’d like one button swap adapter if that’s possible, and another 15-Pin PC -> 5200 Y adapter.

I was originally going to buy 2 Bohoki 15-pin PC-> 5200 adapters, but you only had one. Have you made more yet? Since I was denied a second one, when you make some more, I’d like a button swap adapter with it too, paid for at a price you name, and I either accept or reject.

Since you know exactly what you want, why don't you just make one? Get a breadboard and some jumper wires, connectors, etc., and just figure it out. When that doesn't work, ask for help.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:39 AM, tripletopper said:

I’m not a video game Joystick surgeon.  I’m more of a video game equipment psychiatrist.

I am currently hiring someone for my fight joystick.  I think I understand the theory as long dfor buttons and digital joystick directions, as the signal is a a single input to a single wire, and all are in such a state,  can remapping in the middle is  going A In->B Out and B In->A Out. Only the 2 fire buttons are that way.   Joysticks is 1 variable voltage analog per 2 opposite directions, because it’s analog., like adding a dimmer, so X is one pun and Y is one pin.A ls the 15 keys  heard is not one-to-one but encoded so I can’t remap 2 to 0 unless I work on it on wires before a 3.5m hole for acting those buttons on a sacrificed stick.

I just need to know the 2 pins to be swapped and he will connect them on the inside of the adapter as he builds

so how does that effect mirroring before sandwiching it? I know the numbers of DBs Males are Females are horizontally mirrored when connected outside to outside. Are they both the same inside to inside, or are they both mirrored again, so that inside male = outside female?