IGNORED

FB9 issue with 2-player mode on Space Invaders

Hi All,

I recently acquired the FB9 (non-Gold edition) unit, and am experiencing an issue with 2-player mode on Space Invaders in which when the 2nd player is active, moving the joystick to the left causes the game to exit to the menu. I replaced the game for an exchange, and same issue exists.

ATGames replied to my email, stating that they are aware of the issue and are working on a firmware patch. I am hoping the fix - if/when complete - can be applied via the SD card.

Just wanted to post this, and see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Bob

I just checked my FB9 Gold and the same thing happens on my unit. Very odd.

Additionally, the P2 joystick does not work on any of the two-player paddle games. Only P1 works. I wonder if it was always like that on the original hardware as both paddles plug into the left controller port.

I just checked my FB9 Gold and the same thing happens on my unit. Very odd.

Additionally, the P2 joystick does not work on any of the two-player paddle games. Only P1 works. I wonder if it was always like that on the original hardware as both paddles plug into the left controller port.

EDIT: The only paddle game I can get P2 to work on is Warlords. In a 4-player game, P2 controls the green paddle (4th player?)

EDIT: The only paddle game I can get P2 to work on is Warlords. In a 4-player game, P2 controls the green paddle (4th player?)

Yes, very odd. Definitely an issue with the port I suppose. Hopefully they are really working on a fix. I work at a company that employs hundreds of firmware engineers, and a fix like this should only take hours.......

It makes sense that they would only map one joystick per two paddle players. The paddles are in pairs, so two player paddle games only require port 1.

Note that normal operation on the original hardware is for most paddle games (such as Warlords) to not work at all without paddles, so I guess adding some joystick support is better than nothing.

• 1 year later...