IGNORED

New TI-99/4A Adventure games for the Adventure Module

Fritz442

Hello All,

Here's some adventure games I have been working on...Hope you all enjoy! :-D

I will answer all questions and provide hints if needed here on this post. And post updates here.

Adventure at lake Santeetlah

LAKESAN v1.4.zip

The Old Classic Adventure - Parts 1 & 2

OLDCLASS-1 v1.0.zip OLDCLASS-2 v1.0.zip

lakesan.jpg.1a22106ceec7b3808ad5e62477e4ad86.jpg     oldclass1.jpg.8a12ce1b02f43d14e829fdcf1501e64c.jpg     oldclass2.jpg.254e88537ed8f26870947d1141d420fc.jpg

Also here are the forms I made to create the adventures, I laminate 4-6 of them, then tape them

together in a square to keep track of game locations. Three sizes 20, 30, 42 blocks per page. ;-)

(When printing these, be sure to use the 'center on page' option)

Adventure Creation Forms.zip   

post-31495-0-60369300-1546129711.jpg

Edited by Fritz442
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hello All,

Here's an adventure game I have been working on called 'Adventure at lake Santeetlah'...Hope you all enjoy! :-D

I will answer all questions and comments here on this post. And post updates here.

Also here are the forms I made to create the adventures, I laminate 4-6 of them, then tape them

together in a square to keep track of games. Three sizes 20, 30, 42 blocks per page. ;-)

Are you using the Adventure Editor by Asgard or did you come up with your own editor ?

I believe the Weiland Adventure Editor, distributed by Tex-Comp, is the only one around.

I have fond memories of playing the old two word text adventures on the TI... it helped that the TI version was in 40 columns and had a very nice lower-case font to boot. My only complaint about them now is that the 12K limit imposed fills up pretty quick. That and some of the adventures are just freaking IMPOSSIBLE without the clue book. I won Golden Voyage on my own without any hints, and amazingly without having seen the Sinbad movies that it borrowed from. But Savage Island still gives me headaches...

Yeah I used the Weiland/Tex-Comp Adventure Editor. The small 12k limit I don't like either but not

sure there's any other option. The adventure module is what introduced me to the TI. A friend of mine

had this and we played hours and hours of adventure...Ghost Town! Back then we never did get into

that damn jail door. :mad: But it was some fun times! About a month later he called me and told me

K-mart had them for $50, and I bought the last one they had (and saw TOD in the case and got that too) :-D

I also have fond memories of playing Adventure back in the 80's. I went back to Pirate Adventure earlier this year and still enjoy it. (Getting the lumber out of the cave stumped me a bit back then as it did recently...until I googled to find the game map. :))

Looking forward to trying this one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

Very nice to see folks still using the system! Happy adventuring!

Just recently, I started to play all of them again, now that 30 years have passed and chances are good that I don't remember the solutions. Last one solved was Mystery Fun House. (That one had some puzzles inside where I gave up and had to ask Google.)

• Like 1

You could always use ScottCom, which is available for Windows and Unix. It's the Text-Comp Adventure Editor of the 21st century, and it outputs directly to TI-99 tape images. The only downside is that it can't output trs-80 format datafiles (which can be played by ScottFree).

You could always use ScottCom, which is available for Windows and Unix. It's the Text-Comp Adventure Editor of the 21st century, and it outputs directly to TI-99 tape images. The only downside is that it can't output trs-80 format datafiles (which can be played by ScottFree).

Editor is a stretch, more of a compiler you write a big buncha xmlish code and it makes a working game from it

Greg

It's very cool. Have you considered uploading it to the IF archive once any egregious bugs are squashed? I also think the folks over at the Classic Adventure Solution Archive (www.solutionarchive.com) would be interested in playing it, and they may even add it to their database of over 100 classic adventure games.

• 5 months later...

New to this list, and this is my very first post, although I am not new to the TI-99/4a nor Adventure Module games.

Fritz,

I was so happy to see that you not only wrote an adventure module game, but also placed it here for downloading. I am exactly halfway though collecting my treasures and at this point I seemed to be stumped, and I really hate to ever ask for help with these type of games, but perhaps I am going to need a hint to get the ball rolling again.

I'll briefly tell you the places that are giving me trouble, and perhaps you can give me a hint as to what I need to do next.

I can't find a green key nor a gray key. So far I have found 8 treasures and my score is 50 percent.

For others that are playing this game - has anyone solved it yet?

• Like 2

Hey Mickey, glad to see you like playing it. The green key was a bit of a concern

of mine when I released the game. It's not in the open, but not too hard to find either.

Go search the bridge area real good, you should find it.

Keep a lookout soon as I have another game about finished to release. ?️

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mickey C said:

Fritz,

Thanks for the "nudge".

Any idea of how soon you will be ready to release your next adventure?

I hope this month, as it's a 2 part game. The first part is complete and I need to finish the second part. ?

Well, it has taken me awhile to SOLVE Adventure at Lake Santeetlah, but it has been well worth the experience. I love how this game “makes one think outside the box to come up with the answer that already should have been included inside the box”. I would rate this game for the advanced player and highly recommend it. It is hard to believe that this is the first Adventure Module game that Fritz Langhart has written, and I just can't wait for his next Adventure Module game.

• Like 2