IGNORED

[In Store!] Dare Devil

Muddyfunster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An idea for weather on the higher levels that i've been playing with.

I took the idea from the starfield thread as that effect was just perfect for rain.

It's causing a few cycle problems so it may not get in the final release but I wanted to just share this update :)

and the WIP airship sprite. I'm not 100% happy with it yet, but it's in :)

post-61789-0-71760400-1552249935_thumb.png

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 6

The video with the weather effect looks extremely cool, but I get more of a snow effect from it than a rain effect (which might be a bit incongruous with the tropical island setting it appears in). Still, it would look really superb in a stage that took place in the alps or some such setting. I do agree that the airship sprite could use some refining. If you get stuck, let me know if you would like any assistance with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rushjet1 making some great tunes! So glad we could get the TIATracker mod going for bB. Looking forward to your next release Muddy

Appreciate your efforts in getting it working in Bb mate :) The "credits and thankyou" page for the manuals for my games is going to be huge :)

It means I can collaborate easily with folks who are much more musically literate than I am :)

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to give a quick update on this project. Slowly edging towards completion, page 1 updated.

Currently wrestling with overcycle issues and making some gameplay balance changes (some levels can be unfair at the start if the wind is against you). I don't mind killing the player when they screw up, but the game shouldn't be fundamentally unfair.

I will be releasing a new test ROM this week.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

So I've been quietly working on this and it's now complete. All that remains is someplay testing to iron out a few gameplay issues to smooth out the difficulty curve and a couple of tweaks to crush a bit of overcycle in a couple of places. 

I'll upload a test rom in a day or two for folks to try..

• Like 6