IGNORED

[In Store!] Dare Devil

Muddyfunster

11 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

I'm still open to the idea of a better airship if you have a design idea ! :)

Send me a .png of what you currently have (not actual size, preferably blown up as in 4X or some such), and I'll see if I can punch it up for you.  No promises, but so far I think I've done OK in the sprite department for a few other 2600 homebrew titles that you might have heard of.  :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

New version is almost ready for testing! running out of space in the rom so this is very near to complete, mostly tuning and working on the SFX some more.

• new airship sprites courtesy of NostAlgae37 :) 
  • game plays at correct speed,
  • speed up is now gradual through the level, rather than cliff edge,
  • simple jingles for level change and landing,
  • new splat sound.
Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The Activision style fit well with Tyre Trax, but in my opinion, this one is more complex and deserves much more than the simplistic Activision style art.  Unless it's like later Activision releases, such as Beamrider or Hero, etc.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, Muddyfunster said:

Last bugs squished and I'll post another (final) test rom here in the next few days, then unless something drastic happens, I'm pretty happy to call this one done (and bribe @Atariboy2600 to do some of his fantastic box art!).

Are the airships double-size in this version (both the smaller ones and the larger ones)?  They seemed a bit off-scale with the other vehicles and felt like too easy of an obstacle for the player to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

Dare Devil is pretty much complete, I've posted a Release Candidate ROM on the first post for folks to have a look at and test. 

It's pretty much a year to the day that I posted the first test ROM for Dare Devil. 

Feedback as always is appreciated, but at this stage, there isn't much I can add to the ROM (no space!) but please do shout if you spot any bugs that I've missed.

As always a big shout out to the folks that have been helping me with testing for their feedback and suggestions - Thanks a lot guys ! 

The file is on the first post. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, Muddyfunster said:

yes !

But I meant that each one should be double the size that they currently are, even in the Release Candidate ROM (in other words, the shorter one should be the size that the longer one currently is and the longer one should be twice as long as it is now).

On 1/11/2020 at 8:29 PM, NostAlgae37 said:

But I meant that each one should be double the size that they currently are, even in the Release Candidate ROM (in other words, the shorter one should be the size that the longer one currently is and the longer one should be twice as long as it is now).

ah I see what you mean, ok, let me see.

11 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

ah I see what you mean, ok, let me see.

Or each should be at least 1.5 times (if that is even possible) the size that they currently are, if the 2 times makes each look too long.  Does everything have to be in multiples of 2 when it comes to sprite sizing (in other words, 2x, 4x, 8x or can there be a 3x, 6x, etc.)?

• 10 months later...