IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

I'm totally cool with this suggestion.

It's really a win / win situation. You allow more people to join the club (albeit without the "Secret Game" offer) if they are late to the party and further membership fees collected help CollectorVision finance all the great projects they have going on.

So many people have missed out on Homebrews releases over the years due to various reasons and we all know that this has been a major turn off for many when looking to get more involved in the CV Community.

Can we speculate and/or wish for what the secret game will be? I've been hoping for a CIB version of Mr. Do's Wild Ride or else a CIB version of Escape From The Mindmaster but those are both out there in ROM form already. So as far as something not yet ported, I'd love to have an English version of Abu Simbel Profanation which if I'm not mistaken was a European MSX exclusive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERqJ55sVsGg

I know nothing of it really other than it looks cleverly designed and that it's and a nice combination of Montezuma's Revenge, Tutankhamen, and of course Sydney Hunter. I've read it's a bit unfair though as far as bad places to die and re-spawn but maybe that could be tweaked.

I find moving a screen at a time can offer some really great gameplay mechanics. For example jumping blind until you know where to land on the next screen or having multiple pathways akin to Adventure on 2600. And requiring caution when moving to a new screen like in Bagman, King's Valley, or Kid Icarus maze levels.

Edited by rodge2001

So as far as something not yet ported, I'd love to have an English version of Abu Simbel Profanation which if I'm not mistaken was a European MSX exclusive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERqJ55sVsGg

Oh, and an English version of of Animal Land Murder Mystery (Satsujin Jiken), while they've got the translator.

Some guy on Github looks like he worked on it for 3 years and quit, three years ago...

https://github.com/furrykef/animalland

While disappointed the rom vault isn't available yet the 'please don't sell the boxed game on ebay or anywhere else' has me more than intrigued on what title it could be. If I recall, it's not going to be a MSX clone so...so many possibilities!

Colecovision was known for the arcade ports that Atari wasn't interested in (save for Donkey Kong) so will it be something in that vein that wasn't huge in the arcades? Will it be what was an arcade blockbuster?

It's a guessing game until it happens sooooooo......I guess Zoo Keeper (or until I guess again)!

• Like 1

As to the speculation as to what the game will be for the colecovision club, I would love it to be an arcade conversation of an early 80s to mid 80s game. Preferably one that didn't have a prior home conversion. Zoo Keeper, Qwak, Maze Invader, Triple Punch, Major Havoc, I, Robot, etc.

Edited by killersquirel
  • Like 2

Perhaps an Exidy title?

- rubs chin -

Yes...yes, it would make sense it would be an Exidy game. Yet the Colecovision already has so many Exidy arcade conversions.

Hmm...

Star Fire, perhaps?

Also, Retro, you keep dancing around the roms library question. People getting jumpy. :lol: