IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

I was just looking at some lists. Are these the games not included?

Intellivision
Astro Invader

B.C.'s Quest for Tires

Flapee Bird

Mad Bomber

Moonsweeper

Princess Quest

Space Raid

Super Mine-Field

Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe

Sydney Hunter and the Shrines of Peril

Colecovision
Bomb Jack

Chess Challenger

Comic Bakery

Earth Defend 2083

Ghost'n Zombies: A Quest For a Rose

HeliFire

Hole In One

Junkwall

Lord of the Dungeon

Smurf Challenge

Winky Trap

Lord of the Dungeon is on this list, but was the ROM different from the publicly available one?

Winky Trap is also publicly available.

The Gamester 81 game woulda been cool!!

but honestly, thank you Collectorvision, I am literally snowed in my house unable to go anywhere, so I am enjoying the roms to games I didnt already have!!! Really loving these!!

We're going to do a ''revision'' of the vault

We'll update it with some other games

Stay toon! :)

• Like 3

We're going to do a ''revision'' of the vault

We'll update it with some other games

Stay toon! :)

Sounds like it was a bit of a rush to get it out, so thanks for trying and the "early edition." Looking forward to the added games!

BTW, are the LOTD original 1982 ROM, 2001(?) announced cart ROM and CollectorVision cart release ROM the same or were improvements made along the way?

I for one, am really happy about the ROM vault. Thanks to you all at Collectorvision! I dont have the Atarimax cart but I can play the games on Openemu which works out ok. Cant seem to get Mario working, which is kinda pissing me off. Something to do with the controller configuration or... not sure... if anyone has any ideas!???

I have asked J-F to not include my games in the Rom Vault.

So if you don't find Ghost'n Zombie, Smurf Challenge and the way of exploding foot , it is on my request.

Could you confirm that the way of exploding foot is not in the list as well ?

For the other titles , i can not answer.

Why? Once you have been paid for your work, the Intellectual Property becomes the property of Collectorvision, the company. They should be able to release it in any way they see fit, UNLESS you had signed something beforehand not relinquishing your rights to the code. They had promised us a ROM vault of their titles which had sold out. Your request to exclude your titles smacks of a short-shrift, with no explanation provided. I personally wanted to check out several, if not all of your titles, and not will not get the chance to. Will you please reconsider, or provide us a reasonable explanation. Thanks kindly.

Why? Once you have been paid for your work, the Intellectual Property becomes the property of Collectorvision, the company. They should be able to release it in any way they see fit, UNLESS you had signed something beforehand not relinquishing your rights to the code. They had promised us a ROM vault of their titles which had sold out. Your request to exclude your titles smacks of a short-shrift, with no explanation provided. I personally wanted to check out several, if not all of your titles, and not will not get the chance to. Will you please reconsider, or provide us a reasonable explanation. Thanks kindly.

Collectorvision promised you to have access to their rom vault. They never said that you will have access to all the roms.

They don't own my roms. This agreement has been done between me and JF years ago ... i let him publish my rom on cartridge for a number of cartridges predefined and I keep all the right on my roms.

I will release all my roms in once for FREE (except GNz,) when i will leave the colecovision scene (lot of people will be happy :D ) . (my objective if to release 10 games for the CV and then stop)

By the way , Collectorvision at this time was even not a "company".

Edited by youki
  • Like 3

It's the opposite. Unless the programmer is an employee, copyright defaults to the author. So if you're ever contracting someone to do programmming work for you and you want to own it, make sure copyright transfer is specified.
  • Like 1

Collectorvision promised you to have access to their rom vault. They never said that you will have access to all the roms.

They don't own my roms. This agreement has been done between me and JF years ago ... i let him publish my rom on cartridge for a number of cartridges predefined and I keep all the right on my roms.

I will release all my roms in once for FREE (except GNz,) when i will leave the colecovision scene (lot of people will be happy :D ) . (my objective if to release 10 games for the CV and then stop)

By the way , Collectorvision at this time was even not a "company".

Totally understand, it is unfortunate but we have people in the hobby chomping at the bit to get a hold of some of these limited released games (like GNz) so they can make carts and sell. I missed out on the initial GNz release, but understand why it wont be released. It will be the same situation for the exclusive Collectorvision Club game, those of use that joined up early enough to qualify for the exclusive game would be pretty upset if Collectorvision released the rom for free. Manufactured rarity is a thing now, its unfortunate, but there it is.

I'm ok with it if he doesn't want his roms released. GnZ does look really good but in the end it's Ghost N Goblins which has a zillion different versions out there. We got a nice bundle of roms for our memberships (with more incoming) and having played Rip Cord & Side Trak I can honestly say they are two beyond excellent games (perhaps even better than the original releases could have been).

• Like 2

I'm ok with it if he doesn't want his roms released. GnZ does look really good but in the end it's Ghost N Goblins which has a zillion different versions out there. We got a nice bundle of roms for our memberships (with more incoming) and having played Rip Cord & Side Trak I can honestly say they are two beyond excellent games (perhaps even better than the original releases could have been).

Rip Cord is really one of my favorites homebrew. So simple , so addictif!

Concerning GnZ , If you are a gamer you don't need it anymore , you have Knight'n More that is , except final boss, the same lot of more polished .

Youki: I totally support you or any authors to decide and control your own releases and also your commitment to releasing them free someday. Thank you for this!

In saying that and not relevant to you specifically, but I love digital distribution; I'm a prisoner of our digital age so not really interested in carts themselves anymore (done right, digital distribution is also cheaper to produce and distribute of course). It's one of the reason why I have pre-ordered the Phoenix console, yeah you can't download roms but it still has an easy ability to add game roms (I already have the old Atarimax 128-1 cart) but this is better and of course all the other advantages with the Phoenix 9 hdmi, etc is icing in the cake ).

So on that note. I hope there is a way someday for all you homebrew authors to continue getting financial recompensation via continued sales of the roms themselves. I mean, why do sales have to end based on limitations of cart stock? A good game is a game worth playing therefore worth buying, always. I realize it's not so easy, pricing of a rom versus a cart, piracy, people making carts off your hard work with no money going to you, etc, but I do so wish this could happen. Maybe someday.

I don't know if there is real financial success behind this but it seems many home brew C64 games get digital releases and one author a while back said he was happy with the sales. So long ago don't remember who that was though.

Forgot to say; awesome on the release of the roms, thanks collectorvision, running to the basement computer to download and try them asap!

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 1

Wait...what? This is the first I heard that there was a problem with Car Fghter. I have only played it once or twice since I got it. How do I determine if my cartridge has a problem?

If you want to have your Car Fighter cart changed to the correct rom just send them a message. I sent mine back last week.

I don't know if there is real financial success behind this but it seems many home brew C64 games get digital releases and one author a while back said he was happy with the sales. So long ago don't remember who that was though.

There's several devs I get C64 binaries from on itch.io. They usually charge $3 each.

• Like 1

Wait...what? This is the first I heard that there was a problem with Car Fghter. I have only played it once or twice since I got it. How do I determine if my cartridge has a problem?

Play the game - if the "fuel" never reduces then you have the incorrect rom. BTW - "fuel" in this game is actually just a timer and should continuously decrease regardless of whether the car is stationary or moving. Also see here.

Yup, apparently I've got a bad one. It stays at 26.2G unless I crash and then it temporarily shows 23.8G before going back to 26.2.

Thanks for this info.

Play the game - if the "fuel" never reduces then you have the incorrect rom. BTW - "fuel" in this game is actually just a timer and should continuously decrease regardless of whether the car is stationary or moving. Also see here.