IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

I, for one am happy to be a part of the club and support Collectorvision.  I’m not too concerned about the time line, as long as the product is up their standards (on that point, I’m not worried!).  We just need to relax and focus on any one of the thousands of far more important topics in our lives... eventually we’ll all get a pleasant surprise in the mail!  ?

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

If you are also referring to the rom vault, it's been up for months and will be updated next year as far as I recall reading.

I believe what is being asked about on the rom vault for this year is some game(s) were missed and promised they would be added. Not sure if this occurred yet. 

Hi Guys!, Sorry for the lack of communication here but there is so much on our plate right now!

I tried to please everyone too fast. But we are getting there!!

So I can confirm, I did received the membership cards! I do have all the manuals, boxes and the secret game is fully tested!

I'm just waiting on the pcbs to arrived! as soon as I have the pcbs, I'll be able to complete everything and ship!

Yes, it might take a few more days! Yes it might be more in the first week of November. We didn't want to ship a game with bugs.

I'll do my very best to ship everything as soon as possible! I do have a day job and a family, I spend all my evenings working on

the Phoenix and preparing the games.

Thank you all for your patience! I promise, we'll get this done as fast as we can!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, retroillucid said:

Yes, it's coming soon on GOG as well 

You can also get the Nintendo Switch version here: 
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sydney-hunter-and-the-curse-of-the-mayan-switch/#game-info

Any news on the GOG release?

I see it's currently 50% off on Steam but I'd still rather buy it at full price on GOG than 50% on Steam ?

Edited by Ikrananka

Just been told that GOG changed their minds about releasing Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan.  So, if you want to play it on the PC, Steam is the only option at present.  Crap decision by GOG.  Anyway, if you want it to come to GOG then add your vote to the wishlist here:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sydney_hunter_and_the_curse_of_the_mayan

Too bad about GOG. It's a great game that was over way too quickly for me. 

However, November is here and soon the rest of my Collectorvision Colecovision Club perks will be available which will hopefully tide me over until Christmas rolls around and Saint Pixelboy does what he do for the Colecovision community. 

I have played the holy hell out of Rip Cord & Side Trak. Better than the arcade version games with fun music that still get you to play that one more game. Soon we will see what the secret arcade game is plus some more Coleco roms hopefully (the ones from the INTV club...not so much but it's fun to try different console versions to see what the programmer squeezed out of it). 

I still hope for Vangaurd rom. I still have cold hard American cash willing and waiting to be bartered for such a prize.

Think of it. - gazes off into the sunset - Money for roms. I could hope and pray this leads to others going this route. - cups ear - 'What's that, Albert? Tempest for Atari 5200 rom for sale in the store? Such a magnanimous gesture for our community! Why yes, selling the rom after a period of time of selling the cartridges was a fantastic idea!' :D

Alas, my situation is not one to readily have available my consoles hooked up nor easily grabbed for quick play hence roms being my preferred manner of videogame type entertainments.

My club boxed game will sit in my display case...along side my sealed copy of Toy Bizarre for C64 (one of my favorite all time games). 

For now...I wait. Still. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, zaphro72 said:

Yes that is what I was referring to.

Any news on the missing games for cv and intv?  Also, btw in the intellivision vault, SH shrines of P is still incorrect. That is 1 incorrect out of 8 roms in the vault. 

Thanks 

Edited by alortegac

5 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Latest news!

The ColecoVision Club game has been sent! (along with the Membership Card)
So it's on the way! :)

As for the Intellivision one, we're just waiting for the PCBs 
We'll ship those as soon as we get the PCBs 

That is truly great news!!!  I cannot wait to get the game!!!  Thank you for all you do!! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Latest news!

Great work. Can't wait to see what it is!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Latest news!

Exciting news! Congrats guys! Looking forward to seeing what both games are ??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, retroillucid said:

Nah, it's a secret game, you've to be part of the club to know what the game is ;)

I know, I am part of the club too, but people who subscribed to the club will receive them and they will receive it in USA and Canada before members in Europe like me, I dont want to have the surprise spoiled before getting my copy

13 minutes ago, lucifershalo said:

I know, I am part of the club too, but people who subscribed to the club will receive them and they will receive it in USA and Canada before members in Europe like me, I dont want to have the surprise spoiled before getting my copy

Good point sir :thumbsup: 
I really hope members are not going to spoiled the game
That's the whole point of the club, beside owning something ''unique''

We're also against any members wanting to ''flip'' this game on ebay
We'll ban any members who will doing that

Although, we're up to the idea to share the rom file later down the road, so everyone can enjoy the game

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Good point sir :thumbsup: 
I really hope members are not going to spoiled the game
That's the whole point of the club, beside owning something ''unique''

We're also against any members wanting to ''flip'' this game on ebay
We'll ban any members who will doing that

Although, we're up to the idea to share the rom file later down the road, so everyone can enjoy the game

As far as I remember, There was no clause about making members do or not do anything with their game.
Maybe you could offer a “buyback program”, “ exchange” or a “return for full refund” if you would

not want anyone selling it on ebay.

I do not think is fair to ban people for legally selling their property if they so choose to do so.

And, I do not plan to sell it, before people jump at me! 

Edited by alortegac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lucifershalo said:

Let us all agree, as refined ladies & gentlemen, to not spoil the secret game until December 1st as by then everyone is sure to have received their club package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1