IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

So I will give some comments without spoilers:

- love the music 

- gameplay is very good

- has that "one more #%^& try" before going to bed and then you look at the clock and it's 1:00am (like right now :( )

- nice variety in levels

- only negative so far:  I don't understand what I'm seeing with that 3rd cut-scene LOL

I'm one of those that sooo wanted Vanguard to be that club game.  At the initial play, I was kind of "it's good" but the more I play this game, the more I think it's a REALLY GOOD game and the less I care that it's not Vanguard.  

And I can always play Vanguard in Mame anyway.

Well done Collectorvision!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Loafer said:

And I can always play Vanguard in Mame anyway.

Yes, but I enjoy playing ports to see how close the programmers got to the original arcade experience. Plus, growing up with my Atari 2600 in the early 80's Vangaurd was one of my most played & favorite games. 

2 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

Yes, but I enjoy playing ports to see how close the programmers got to the original arcade experience. Plus, growing up with my Atari 2600 in the early 80's Vangaurd was one of my most played & favorite games. 

For sure I’ve stated I’d love the colecovision port of vanguard it looks like they nailed it.  I’m just not willing to spend $80+ (Canadian) on a colecovision game.  This is not a knock against the homebrews devs, it’s a limitation that’s on me.

i mean who knows, sometimes money becomes more available so I retain the right to change my mind, I know the game would be so worth it. Vanguard and that Antarctic adventure sequel that’s out of production are the two games I’d likely break my “no $80 cart purchases!” Rule

anyway the super secret game and Sydney hunter is making me want to get more carts. Shrewd CollectorVision, very shrewd... lol

Edited by Loafer

2 hours ago, Loafer said:

For sure I’ve stated I’d love the colecovision port of vanguard it looks like they nailed it.  I’m just not willing to spend $80+ (Canadian) on a colecovision game.  This is not a knock against the homebrews devs, it’s a limitation that’s on me.

i mean who knows, sometimes money becomes more available so I retain the right to change my mind, I know the game would be so worth it. Vanguard and that Antarctic adventure sequel that’s out of production are the two games I’d likely break my “no $80 cart purchases!” Rule

anyway the super secret game and Sydney hunter is making me want to get more carts. Shrewd CollectorVision, very shrewd... lol

I don't want to pay $80 for a cart either. I will pay significantly less for a rom tho.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eebuckeye said:

A picture of the game was posted on Facebook - at least for a few minutes.. I saw it.. ugh...  Not disappointed but was hoping not to know until I got it.

Yes, I contacted the admin to have him remove the pic 

Needless to say, I was not very happy about it....

Here's one of the reasons we changed the game of the Club 
We knew someone would spill the beans and we wanted to avoid that

Edited by retroillucid

39 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Yes, I contacted the admin to have him remove the pic 

Needless to say, I was not very happy about it....

Here's one of the reasons we changed the game of the Club 
We knew someone would spill the beans and we wanted to avoid that

Changed?  What was it before?