IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

16 hours ago, retroillucid said:

We'll have more copies of Vanguard soon enough ;)

Glad to hear that, I missed out on the first 2 runs and was looking forward to chance to get one.  Thanks!

I also just got my club game in, very surprised, looks great!  I was hoping for a colored cart to match but I understand that may not have been reasonable but that does not take away from it being such a cool looking game and awesome box!

Looking forward to next years club!

P.S. When can we talk about the game?  I assume when everyone get theirs?

Edited by imstarryeyed

Personally speaking, I don't like "secrets."  No offense intended, but why don't you just close CollectorVision to the public and have it as an exclusive member-only organization. Only members can buy games and unless you join, you're out of luck.

My point being...any time you start excluding the masses...unless you pay to "join our club"...you don't make some of us feel very welcome or wanting to buy your games. I have hard enough time buying games anyway without having an extra membership fee tacked on to the total.

8 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

Personally speaking, I don't like "secrets."  No offense intended, but why don't you just close CollectorVision to the public and have it as an exclusive member-only organization. Only members can buy games and unless you join, you're out of luck.

My point being...any time you start excluding the masses...unless you pay to "join our club"...you don't make some of us feel very welcome or wanting to buy your games. I have hard enough time buying games anyway without having an extra membership fee tacked on to the total.

Uh, sorry but we're selling games to public, just not this one
The Club was created so people can support CollectorVision and get some exclusive stuff at the same time, as our way to say thanks to them

Out of more than 100 games we have released (to the public mind you)
1 game is exclusive and you're complaining, really?

Anyway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received mine today, and I must say I am COMPLETELY surprised, in a very good way. I'm very happy with the profesionalism and the membership card as well. As I love Popeye, this will make a great companion! The only thing better would have been Vanguard or ...  Dino Eggs! As I do not have an actual Colecovision console in front of me right now, I shall have to wait to buy a Phoenix or play the .ROM version. When will the .rom be downloadable for club members?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Uh, sorry but we're selling games to public, just not this one
The Club was created so people can support CollectorVision and get some exclusive stuff at the same time, as our way to say thanks to them

Out of more than 100 games we have released (to the public mind you)
1 game is exclusive and you're complaining, really?

Anyway...

You misunderstand my point...I know you sell games to the public. I've bought them before...and the Phoenix. And I understand the "club" is a way to raise extra money. But for those of us who can't pony up the extra $100 or whatever it was to join the club, we kind of feel left out. You could have just as well sold the game to the masses and given members a huge discount on the price. The whole "secret game" thing is just out and out silly. Fine...members get a game...but to threaten people that they will be banned if they mention the name of the game? Maybe it's a personal thing, but that really sends the wrong message. OK, I'll shut up now

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

You misunderstand my point...I know you sell games to the public. I've bought them before...and the Phoenix. And I understand the "club" is a way to raise extra money. But for those of us who can't pony up the extra $100 or whatever it was to join the club, we kind of feel left out. You could have just as well sold the game to the masses and given members a huge discount on the price. The whole "secret game" thing is just out and out silly. Fine...members get a game...but to threaten people that they will be banned if they mention the name of the game? Maybe it's a personal thing, but that really sends the wrong message. OK, I'll shut up now

You can be against that club, I'm fine with it

Although I found it funny that few people would complains about the club for just 1 game
Come on, it's only 1 game!

I get why the club game is exclusive but I also get why people feel left out.  Personally, and I can’t stress this enough, it’s really just a personal opinion, but you should still sell it, just later and so that people who bought in don’t feel ripped off, maybe sell it as a less premium game, cheaper case with no manual or something. Small price to pay.

Anyway if I was you guys I’d pass it by the group members and ask them “if under a certain situation or time frame (like 2 years) if they’d mind if sales of a modified version would go ahead”

Keep in mind I’m just a guy who thinks everyone should party not just a select few.  I really do understand the logic behind the club and don’t have a problem with it, just wondering if there’s room for others to enjoy the game and for you guys to make more $$$ for your hard work

4 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I get why the club game is exclusive but I also get why people feel left out.  Personally, and I can’t stress this enough, it’s really just a personal opinion, but you should still sell it, just later and so that people who bought in don’t feel ripped off, maybe sell it as a less premium game, cheaper case with no manual or something. Small price to pay.

Anyway if I was you guys I’d pass it by the group members and ask them “if under a certain situation or time frame (like 2 years) if they’d mind if sales of a modified version would go ahead”

Keep in mind I’m just a guy who thinks everyone should party not just a select few.  I really do understand the logic behind the club and don’t have a problem with it, just wondering if there’s room for others to enjoy the game and for you guys to make more $$$ for your hard work

When members will received the rom file, they will be free to ''leak'' it 
It's also going to be part of the CollectorVision Rom Vault

• Like 2

Just now, retroillucid said:

When members will received the rom file, they will be free to ''leak'' it 
It's also going to be part of the CollectorVision Rom Vault

Cant wait I dont have a system but I might get a Phoenix because Ive heard orginial colecovision system can have issues. I do have a few controllers though.

Well then there is nothing for anyone to fear, they will get to play it.

BTW I’m not sure if this was answered but someone posted it would be cool if the manuals for the roms would also be available to download.  Some of the games could certainly use them.  If this something that may come at some point?

Thanks so much for all you do.  I gotta admit, I didn’t really have intention of renewing since although you guys would add some roms, I doubt FOR ME it would be worth it since I’m not a cart guy but the quality of that release is making me reconsider it, along with whatever new games would be added, there is surely value there (yet again!)

1 minute ago, Loafer said:

Thanks so much for all you do.  I gotta admit, I didn’t really have intention of renewing since although you guys would add some roms, I doubt FOR ME it would be worth it since I’m not a cart guy but the quality of that release is making me reconsider it, along with whatever new games would be added, there is surely value there (yet again!)

Well, you should think twice
Cause next year's club game is plain awesome!  ;)

33 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

You can be against that club, I'm fine with it

Although I found it funny that few people would complains about the club for just 1 game
Come on, it's only 1 game!

OK...still missing my point...you tell a kid he can't have candy (the game is the candy)...he still wants the candy, but knows he can't have it. That's why I'm shutting up....I'm not explaining myself very well.

1 minute ago, jblenkle said:

OK...still missing my point...you tell a kid he can't have candy (the game is the candy)...he still wants the candy, but knows he can't have it. That's why I'm shutting up....I'm not explaining myself very well.

...And the kid can still buy candy

https://collectorvision.com/product-category/colecovision/

Edited by retroillucid