IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

I was just digging around in ROM files, as I often do, and discovered that the Telebunny ROM that was in the members ROM Vault is different to the cart that was sold in 2014.  There are loads of different bytes between the two, but the only obvious difference I can see is in the title screens.  @CollectorVision Which ROM is the latest?

ROM Vault

image002.png.db7f9b18b01a88b721a3160aae91421f.png

Cart

image001.png.13645450b60d7b1ad32fe5f883ef783b.png

19 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I was just digging around in ROM files, as I often do, and discovered that the Telebunny ROM that was in the members ROM Vault is different to the cart that was sold in 2014.  There are loads of different bytes between the two, but the only obvious difference I can see is in the title screens.  @CollectorVision Which ROM is the latest?

ROM Vault

image002.png.db7f9b18b01a88b721a3160aae91421f.png

Cart

image001.png.13645450b60d7b1ad32fe5f883ef783b.png

The cartridge version is the latest rom
I must have miss matched those

I hope the rest of what club members get happens before Christmas. Between that & Santa Pixelboy's Annual Holiday Freebie Rom Xmastravaganza would make it quite the Coleco Christmas.

I wonder if the majority of club members have gotten the super secret game yet.

23 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We've decided to add them for next year's club 
We're also going to add more games to the archive! 

Darn. Little disappointed in the decision since additional ROM’s were being promised for so long and won’t get to play them over the holidays.

But I was planning on continuing the club so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

We've decided to add them for next year's club 
We're also going to add more games to the archive! 

I won't deny I'm disappointed regardless that I'm rejoining next year as well. It's been promised for months we were getting some more stuff under this year's membership. Feels like bad faith, honestly.

keep some Roms for next years club, that’s fine but you guys publicly stated you were going to add to this years club so I don’t care if you just add a couple of Roms but CollectorVision dudes, you need to follow through with what you publicly state and add to this years club

there has been enough cloudiness with the intellivision club promises (seen in that thread), turn the page and follow through with what you state publicly, which should lead to what you do.  It’s good for business 

Edited by Loafer

8 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

It’s an in-game option so I am assuming flicker disabled means the same thing in game as the Phoenix setting?

The Phoenix does not allow you to enable/disable flicker in-game.  This setting can only be changed at the SD loader menu or during the boot sequence when a physical cart is inserted (using the latest core).

Flicker enabled/disabled is the same as the F18A USR1 jumper setting which toggles between 4 and 32 sprites per scanline being supported.  The original video chip of the CV had a sprite/scanline limit of 4 which would often lead to flicker when more than 4 sprites were present o the same scanline.  So, flicker enabled (USR1 = OFF) is equivalent to how the original CV video chip worked while flicker disabled (USR1 = ON).

The only games that I'm currently aware that benefit from "flicker" being enabled are:

• Antarctic Adventure
  • QBIQS

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

The Phoenix does not allow you to enable/disable flicker in-game.  This setting can only be changed at the SD loader menu or during the boot sequence when a physical cart is inserted (using the latest core).

Flicker enabled/disabled is the same as the F18A USR1 jumper setting which toggles between 4 and 32 sprites per scanline being supported.  The original video chip of the CV had a sprite/scanline limit of 4 which would often lead to flicker when more than 4 sprites were present o the same scanline.  So, flicker enabled (USR1 = OFF) is equivalent to how the original CV video chip worked while flicker disabled (USR1 = ON).

The only games that I'm currently aware that benefit from "flicker" being enabled are:

• Antarctic Adventure
  • QBIQS

This isn't a phoenix option I am talking about but don't want to get too much more into it just in case I am giving away too much about the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1