IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

12 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

I was led to believe we get the rom for the super secret game this club year. I'm already not happy they pulled some promised this year's club stuff for next year's club. 

Rightfully, since the super secret game was a part of the 2019 club, we should get the ROM of that game as part of this year's club membership price, since we've paid for it. At least that's my fair understanding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, youki said:

Can we have a picture of the box? ?

No one has even said what the game is yet. I put out a date of December 1st to do so but no one really agreed and some still haven't received it. Maybe game reveal can be on Christmas?

50 minutes ago, H.E.R.O. said:

No one has even said what the game is yet. I put out a date of December 1st to do so but no one really agreed and some still haven't received it. Maybe game reveal can be on Christmas?

It is why , i want a picture of the box ,  don't say the name of the game. ?

But it was just joke. ;)

9 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

We're still asking to not post any photos (same for next year's club) 
Although, since we're going to give the rom file soon, members will be free to ''leak'' the rom file if they want to
So it's just a matter of time before everyone here can play the game

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

We're still asking to not post any photos (same for next year's club) 
Although, since we're going to give the rom file soon, members will be free to ''leak'' the rom file if they want to
So it's just a matter of time before everyone here can play the game

That's fine. Can we get a definite answer on if and what 2019 club members might still be getting? Obviously many will be disappointed if the answer is nothing (I know I will be). I do plan to re-up my membership for 2020 but I'd like to know exactly what would be included rom wise (aside of Vanguard which I think you've already said is in the 2020 batch).

27 minutes ago, H.E.R.O. said:

That's fine. Can we get a definite answer on if and what 2019 club members might still be getting? Obviously many will be disappointed if the answer is nothing (I know I will be). I do plan to re-up my membership for 2020 but I'd like to know exactly what would be included rom wise (aside of Vanguard which I think you've already said is in the 2020 batch).

Here's the plan for the 2020 Club:

- About 25 new roms are going to be added to the archive

- Mystery game CIB (Already done and tested!)

- Another $10 coupon off your next purchase
- 2020 Membership Card

There might be another ''little something'' if everything goes according to the plan, we'll see

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Here's the plan for the 2020 Club:

- About 25 new roms are going to be added to the archive

- Mystery game CIB (Already done and tested!)

- Another $10 coupon off your next purchase
- 2020 Membership Card

There might be another ''little something'' if everything goes according to the plan, we'll see

You and crapahute had eluded to manual pdfs being made available. Is that still planned or is that the "little something"?

25 more roms makes it worth it to me. This leaves me with 2 questions.

1. Is it $150 for 2019 members or do we get a discount?

2. If the game is already done and tested (tho presume printed materials are not yet done) does this mean we're not waiting until late into the year for it?

50 minutes ago, Swami said:

You and crapahute had eluded to manual pdfs being made available. Is that still planned or is that the "little something"?

Yes, Crapahute is still working on this, but he's also very busy as well
But we'll make them available, that's for sure

No, the PDF manuals are not related to the ''little something else'' 

Edited by retroillucid

32 minutes ago, H.E.R.O. said:

25 more roms makes it worth it to me. This leaves me with 2 questions.

1. Is it $150 for 2019 members or do we get a discount?

2. If the game is already done and tested (tho presume printed materials are not yet done) does this mean we're not waiting until late into the year for it?

1. I can't confirm anything on this yet

2. The game is fully done and tested, everything has been printed, the only thing left to do is the PCBs 
    So yeah, it should not take that much time to get those shipped, like a month or so

• Like 2

3 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Only time will tell, but I don't expect more than 150 totals...... 
Although,I know we could easily top more than 250 if people knew wich game it is ;) 

Well fudge cycle, you may have convinced me to re-up.  I have to admit, $200+ CND is a lot of money but I can't deny it's been a worthwhile endevor

5 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Well fudge cycle, you may have convinced me to re-up.  I have to admit, $200+ CND is a lot of money but I can't deny it's been a worthwhile endevor

I'm not in yet - but it sounds worthwhile now that I have the Phoenix it still seems like a decent deal even though the exchange rate doesn't help - but it sounds even more worth it..

7 minutes ago, xdurable said:

I'm not in yet - but it sounds worthwhile now that I have the Phoenix it still seems like a decent deal even though the exchange rate doesn't help - but it sounds even more worth it..

I want to be clear here.  If I find it's beyond my means, in no way would I be saying it's a bad deal and not worth resigning for the 2020 club.  I have some disposable income but I'm into VR, probably going to be buying a Valve Index shortly (finally available in Canada), I have two grown up kids that I love to spoil, I'm into Ballroom Dancing, I'm an amateur Astronomer and I swear my telescope tells me to feed it every now and then (yes Seymour, I'm overdue for buying you eyepieces, I know...) and I'm into Pinball and have a pincab that needs to be fed the latest greatest hardware gizmo at least once a year.  and that doesn't even touch my gaming/classic gaming appreciation. 

So it's just a question of managing my toy budget, not a factor on what this club is worth. 

I've often said I feel $5 bucks a rom is a great deal so if there are 20-25 roms in the pack, a boxed original game, etc then the value is excellent!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, retroillucid said:

1. I can't confirm anything on this yet

2. The game is fully done and tested, everything has been printed, the only thing left to do is the PCBs 
    So yeah, it should not take that much time to get those shipped, like a month or so

Then my money awaits the e-mail, good sir.

13 hours ago, Loafer said:

I want to be clear here.  If I find it's beyond my means, in no way would I be saying it's a bad deal and not worth resigning for the 2020 club.  I have some disposable income but I'm into VR, probably going to be buying a Valve Index shortly (finally available in Canada), I have two grown up kids that I love to spoil, I'm into Ballroom Dancing, I'm an amateur Astronomer and I swear my telescope tells me to feed it every now and then (yes Seymour, I'm overdue for buying you eyepieces, I know...) and I'm into Pinball and have a pincab that needs to be fed the latest greatest hardware gizmo at least once a year.  and that doesn't even touch my gaming/classic gaming appreciation. 

So it's just a question of managing my toy budget, not a factor on what this club is worth. 

I've often said I feel $5 bucks a rom is a great deal so if there are 20-25 roms in the pack, a boxed original game, etc then the value is excellent!

Edited by thunder-rabbit
Error