IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

No one if forcing anyone to be in any club.

If for any reason you think you won't be happy with it. well, just don't signed up :)

We already know in advance that we won't please everyone.  And every member should remember that they are paying for the membership.

The rest (rom access, secret game and maybe more) its all bonus. It is totally up to you if you want to be in or out.

Thank you

• Like 2

I’m glad theVNAguy had the nerve to say something. The game mechanics are poor. The scanned in screenshots are oddly placed.

I love CollectorVision and what they’re doing, so I will say no more. I will continue to support them, but I would request that “polish” in the form of an updated ROM (similar to how Mario Bros. Rev. B was re-released). I’m still stoked about the product and the club, so please don’t take this the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, phattyboombatty said:

I’m glad theVNAguy had the nerve to say something. The game mechanics are poor. The scanned in screenshots are oddly placed.

I love CollectorVision and what they’re doing, so I will say no more. I will continue to support them, but I would request that “polish” in the form of an updated ROM (similar to how Mario Bros. Rev. B was re-released). I’m still stoked about the product and the club, so please don’t take this the wrong way. 

I was not intending to disrespect the work done to bring that game out by Collectorvision, I am just not interested in the subject of the game I am geared more towards another genre of gaming.  I am respecting their wishes to not sell the 2019 club game and hope I can exchange it for next years club game (unless I join again, then maybe I can exchange it for something else I would like to have :) ).

I did not even play the game, so I cannot honestly say anything about how it plays, sounds or looks.  I simply am not interested in this title.  I fully support what Collectorvision has done and have been very happy with the club :)

It's an iffy situation. For one, if someone is disappointed with the game they have said you can send it back. Exchanging for next year's game tho? That one I don't agree with. For one, that title is secret as well. What if a person doesn't like that game either? Then again when you buy into a membership with a secret game involved you're rolling the dice, aren't you?

21 hours ago, coleco_master said:

And every member should remember that they are paying for the membership.

The rest (rom access, secret game and maybe more) its all bonus. It is totally up to you if you want to be in or out.

Hum..i think i missed something,   what offer the membership exactly?   if Rom access, Secret game and more is not part of the membership but just bonus?

• Like 1

There were 59 roms were in the 2019 club so 2.54 USD a rom and that's with the super secret game on top of it. Even if the 2019 club members pay the $150 again 25 roms is 6 USD a rom with the 2020 super secret game included. Even if the 2020 super secret game is a dud for me it's still worth it. 2019 club I played the hell out of Side Trak & Rip Cord. 2020 I'm sure to play the hell out of Vanguard and I don't even know what else will be in there. Hell, the 2020 super secret game is done from what they said and we'll have it 1st quarter presumably.

It was a tremendous deal in 2019 and will be again in 2020. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

...Exchanging for next year's game tho? That one I don't agree with. 

Not going to happen
If someone doesn't like the game, we would prefer if he/she could sell it to a fellow member here instead
We just don't want people to flip the game off ebay, that's it

We're taking note here
We can take constructive critisms, and it is appreciated too, we didn't take anything personal here

On a side note, if we were selling rom files individually, they would be $10/$15 each, depending on the title

Anyway, next year's game is an arcade conversion (entirely made from scratch) in case you're wondering

• Like 4

3 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Not going to happen
If someone doesn't like the game, we would prefer if he/she could sell it to a fellow member here instead
We just don't want people to flip the game off ebay, that's it

If someone wants to buy mine, I'd happily sell. It's neat in concept, but not something I find particularly playable. I'm trying to keep my collection as lean as possible. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

If someone wants to buy mine, I'd happily sell. It's neat in concept, but not something I find particularly playable. I'm trying to keep my collection as lean as possible. Thanks.

I'm very interested in purchasing from you.  Please message me.  The forum is not letting me message you.

Thanks!

Edited by Zinister

On 12/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, eebuckeye said:

Did not even play the game?  That seems odd to complain..  If they will trade that would be great - I expect they could come out ahead. ?

I thought the game was a great choice even though I'm not a big fan of the gameplay.  Very happy with it!  

Not complaining, I am just not interested in the game, its not one I would have purchased if it was sold to begin with because again, I am not interested in that type of game :) 

Since I cant exchange it, I will offer mine up for sale and just join the club again since it was hinted it will be a arcade conversion.  That is type of games I like to collect :) 

16 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

There were 59 roms were in the 2019 club so 2.54 USD a rom and that's with the super secret game on top of it. Even if the 2019 club members pay the $150 again 25 roms is 6 USD a rom with the 2020 super secret game included. Even if the 2020 super secret game is a dud for me it's still worth it. 2019 club I played the hell out of Side Trak & Rip Cord. 2020 I'm sure to play the hell out of Vanguard and I don't even know what else will be in there. Hell, the 2020 super secret game is done from what they said and we'll have it 1st quarter presumably.

It was a tremendous deal in 2019 and will be again in 2020. 

But all you Say is not part of membership according to Toby. It is just the "bonus". So you dis not pay for that.

26 minutes ago, youki said:

But all you Say is not part of membership according to Toby. It is just the "bonus". So you dis not pay for that.

Either way the math works.

Since we're not getting anything else for 2019 I'll await the 2020 club signup and I'll be glad it won't take a year this time around to get everything...

...plus Vanguard. :D What can I say? I love me some Vanguard. To be honest, I hope one day a C64 version pops up as well.

48 minutes ago, H.E.R.O. said:

Either way the math works.

Since we're not getting anything else for 2019 I'll await the 2020 club signup and I'll be glad it won't take a year this time around to get everything...

...plus Vanguard. :D What can I say? I love me some Vanguard. To be honest, I hope one day a C64 version pops up as well.

Or you had bought Vanguard already ?

The cartridge and the roms are only Bonus content ?

So you got ONLY the clubcard ?

Here the post one:

Here's what you get:

- Membership Card
- 1x CIB Game* + its rom file (Completely exclusive to the Club)
- Access to our roms vault (Completely exclusive to the Club)

*The Complete in box game is completely exclusive to this club!

So it NOT a Bonus. ?

No matter.  I will probably also become a club member in 2020