IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

3 hours ago, retroillucid said:

whatever... 

Let's hope people will respect our decision for this year's club  :roll: 

I will :P (temptation was strong , but out of respect to Collectorvision I sent my game to France for a fellow member, Toby is rewarding me appropriately :) )  I would have loved the inty secret game instead of the coleco one that was done!  Arcade ports are what I love!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loafer said:

$75 well, that’s just, like, my opinion man

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  I privately acquired my copy of the secret game from a member here who didn't care for the game choice.  I offered $75 and he accepted.  My justification for the offer was that it was half the club membership price and the secret game was easily half of the rewards.  Also, $75 is only a few dollars more than I feel CollectorVision would have charged for the game if they sold it on their website.  I missed out on the 2019 club as I wasn't as involved with the community at the time.  Getting the game and keeping the secret (even though I purchased 2nd hand, I still did not know the game until I received it - as it should be in my opinion if you are selling it to another member) is half the fun for me.  I signed up for the 2020 club the day I got the email.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, retroillucid said:

We kindly asked to not flip ANY club games on ebay
I'm not really happy about it, but there's not much I can besides preventing him from buying any more games from us. 

At least, you could pass it to a member here.....  

Yes, there are two things you can do for this shameful action by a member of this community:

1. Publicly expose his name in shame, encouraging others to not trade, or have any dealings with him.

2. Contact E-bay about banning the sale, due to any number of "reasons", eg, copyright infringement or breach of contract / privacy.

That's an awful thing, good luck in making sure that person "gets his" for greed and not playing fair with this (small) community.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, zyzzle said:

Yes, there are two things you can do for this shameful action by a member of this community:

1. Publicly expose his name in shame, encouraging others to not trade, or have any dealings with him.

2. Contact E-bay about banning the sale, due to any number of "reasons", eg, copyright infringement or breach of contract / privacy.

That's an awful thing, good luck in making sure that person "gets his" for greed and not playing fair with this (small) community.

I hope you are not serious. We don't have to expose anyone his/her name in shame. He is not a thief or a criminal ^^

• Like 5

4 hours ago, zyzzle said:

You might want to rethink your statement. The individual involved has an excellent reputation on this site and while some may not be thrilled by what he has chosen to do I'm pretty sure your ideas are not a measured response, particularly as someone to whom no harm has come. I suspect there are many on AA who would be more than happy to vouch for him. My 0.02. 

5 hours ago, zyzzle said:

The only thing he's guilty of is being greedy on his choice of auction starting prices.

6 hours ago, zyzzle said:

That's an awful thing, good luck in making sure that person "gets his" for greed and not playing fair with this (small) 

Do you realize it is only a game cart? This person may have many good reasons to sell the game, including ignorance to the ever changing  rules posted here. 

....we are not the inquisition here. We are a club for fun. 

If someone decides to flip the game on ebay or such, a corresponding response is that person may not be allowed to rejoin the club in the future. I think it was stated by Collectorvision in a previous post. 

A member was allowed to sell the game to other members privately. Pricing agreed by the parties is of their concern not ours. 

In my opinion.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scalpel said:

I hope you are not serious. We don't have to expose anyone his/her name in shame. He is not a thief or a criminal ^^

Said pretty much tongue-in-cheek, yes. I'm not trying to tar-and-feather anyone, particularly one of good reputation. However we shall agree that it was against the spirit of the club? Surely there are others in this community who would benefit more than Ebay and its minions. All the same, I didn't mean to start a negative discussion, but my dislike for Ebay (and what 99% of its sellers are after -- greed) is such that this Ebay sale of the secret game set off a diatribe. Even though it's an Intelivision game and not part of the CV community. Apologies for ruffling any feathers.

Now, onto the 2020 club and another awesome year!

I've just been updating the Homebrew ROMs section of the CV Collector's List and adding the ROMs from the 2019 CollectorVision Club/ROM Vault.  One oddity jumped out at me while doing this.  The ROM listing for the Vault that's currently available to purchase shows that Earth Defend 2083 is included.  However, this ROM is not included in the 2019 CollectorVision Club download area.

@CollectorVision Is this an error in the ROM Vault listing on the website or should this ROM in fact be available to 2019 club members to download?

7 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I've just been updating the Homebrew ROMs section of the CV Collector's List and adding the ROMs from the 2019 CollectorVision Club/ROM Vault.  One oddity jumped out at me while doing this.  The ROM listing for the Vault that's currently available to purchase shows that Earth Defend 2083 is included.  However, this ROM is not included in the 2019 CollectorVision Club download area.

@CollectorVision Is this an error in the ROM Vault listing on the website or should this ROM in fact be available to 2019 club members to download?

I don't see why Earth Defend 2083 shouldn't be included
We probably just forgot to include it in the archive
I'll ask Toby to add it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mingus said:

Any word on when 2020 club members will have access to the rom vault? Just want to make sure I didn't miss an email somewhere!

It took about a month for the 2019 club to get access. They sold out the memberships on 1/7, and it was 2/8 people started getting access.

Not sure if they can turn around the 2020 vault faster.

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I was under the impression, it was going to ready as soon as the ordering closed.  :( 

I really was hoping this would not drag on.  I am actually fired up to play a few games I haven't tried before!

My Phoenix is cooling off.. LOL 

They said once the club ordering is closed, the rom vault will be made available.

6 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We have been asked to wait till the end of this week, a few people were waiting after their pay check 

Although I am chomping at the bit to play some ROMs, I can 100% respect that.  In my house, at least, $150 discretionary cash towards video games is a big deal - especially coming out of the holidays!  So thanks for the clarification.  I hope those waiting are able to get in on the fun!

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

We have been asked to wait till the end of this week, a few people were waiting after their pay check 

Those bastar... er, I mean yeah, I support this. Humor aside, really, we got lots to play so a week delay or two is no big deal. Can’t wait to play a colecovision friendly version of Vangard!

So....anyone not a club member from later year want to buy the 2019 super secret game? $85 shipped to the Continental USA only. I've pretty much played all I'm going to play of it. Being good honest boy even after seeing what that guys Jungle Hunt for Intellivision went for on that site of broken hearts and empty wallets.