IGNORED

CollectorVision Club 2019

retroillucid

I am curious.  I had a conversation about how the colecovision market is very different from let's say the C64 market which is more open to selling roms.  Let's assume the market changed and roms were available for sale for colecovision games.  What would be a price point you would be ok with paying if roms were available at the same time as the game (or once they've sold out on the physical game)

my take if AFTER all physical copies are sold (so they take care of that business first):

- $10 USD if member of colecovision club

- $15-$20 USD if not a member of colecovision club

?  Just a thought. I'm not sure if I'd buy EVERY game at $20 a pop but if it's $10 USD I would, each and every unreleased title.  This is the same for Pixelboy or OpCode or whatever. I gather we have a different value put forth towards "roms" but I am curious what the masses think

6 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I am curious.  I had a conversation about how the colecovision market is very different from let's say the C64 market which is more open to selling roms.  Let's assume the market changed and roms were available for sale for colecovision games.  What would be a price point you would be ok with paying if roms were available at the same time as the game (or once they've sold out on the physical game)

my take if AFTER all physical copies are sold (so they take care of that business first):

- $10 USD if member of colecovision club

- $15-$20 USD if not a member of colecovision club

?  Just a thought. I'm not sure if I'd buy EVERY game at $20 a pop but if it's $10 USD I would, each and every unreleased title.  This is the same for Pixelboy or OpCode or whatever. I gather we have a different value put forth towards "roms" but I am curious what the masses think

At the $10 USD I would probably buy a lot. Would love to buy the physical cartridges but with shipping to Alberta it gets very pricey very quickly

11 hours ago, Swami said:

I believe on the Collectorvision website you can still buy the ROM vault for $75 - but no secret game or extras.

I'd rather buy the bigger package for the secret game, extra's, and access to the rom vault.

I'm just going to wait until next years membership.  If there isn't one next year I'll just buy the rom pack at that time.  :)

On 9/5/2019 at 12:32 PM, Zinister said:

I'd rather buy the bigger package for the secret game, extra's, and access to the rom vault.

I'm just going to wait until next years membership.  If there isn't one next year I'll just buy the rom pack at that time.  :)

We are still patiently awaiting for the extras, additions to the vault and secret game from both memberships (intv and cv) .........while other new games are coming out for sale constantly ......the secret game remains “secret” .....

Edited by alortegac

5 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

Is the new Sydney Hunter for PC out today? Look on Steam and still says 'September 2019'. Beat the crap out of River City Girls and looking for a new challenge. Guess I'll Blasphemous for now.

As Brian said, the release is on September 12th 

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sydney-hunter-and-the-curse-of-the-mayan-switch/#game-info

Wondering about Rom Vault access vs the Club.  Do either (or both) give you ongoing access to the Rom Vault?  I really want to take advantage of that access in time for my Phoenix arrival next month, but don't want to miss out on any new additions that may be added if it's a one time download.  At the same time Will there be a Club next year (January) and, if so, is there some kind of "continuing member" price?  I definitely want to get in on the club, but feel like the Roms are a big part of it.  Would seem silly to buy the Roms now if I was going to join the club and get them in January anyway....except for those months I get access until then!

-James

P.S. Joined Atari-Age just this week, solely for the Coleco/Collectorvision chatter!

22 minutes ago, mingus said:

Wondering about Rom Vault access vs the Club.  Do either (or both) give you ongoing access to the Rom Vault?  I really want to take advantage of that access in time for my Phoenix arrival next month, but don't want to miss out on any new additions that may be added if it's a one time download.

Rom vault is here:
https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-vault-rom-pack/

''New additions'' is in fact only a few roms we have omitted to include 

22 minutes ago, mingus said:

At the same time Will there be a Club next year (January) and, if so, is there some kind of "continuing member" price?

Yes, but only the ColecoVision Club will be back
We didn't get enough support to warrant a INtv Club for next year(s)

4 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Rom vault is here:
https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-vault-rom-pack/

''New additions'' is in fact only a few roms we have omitted to include 

Yes, but only the ColecoVision Club will be back
We didn't get enough support to warrant a INtv Club for next year(s)

Cool.  So will I be kicking myself for not holding out for the January club enrollment if I buy access to the Rom Vault the day my Phoenix arrives?  ;)  I'm impatient and impulsive!

Shame Steam has it buried in new releases. You start on the store page, click new releases which actually takes you to POPULAR new releases then you click new releases then you click ALL new releases and right now it's on the fifth page deep.

Also, don't think all this side chat means I still won't pony up some cash for the Vanguard rom. :D

• Like 2